New Points Structure For Next Campaign - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Points Structure For Next Campaign

Gary Stirling

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/08/2017 at 9:32 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Some pretty innovative ideas , we really like them . Supporters Club needs a good shake up .

Like the home point ,was pretty pissed off soaking and freezing at Canada friendly for no reward . Never understood why only supporters who go to away games get a point  .

I have also started missing home games like Malta, if I am getting a point then I will probably go .

The group discount is not before time ,think some of our lapsed members may rejoin but surely could get membership down to £30 if they leave out the rubbish they send us .

Supporters only get a point for away games because it's an away points system. You don't need any points to get a home ticket. 

Giving points for home games would allow people who don't normally go to away games a better chance of a ticket for away games that are difficult to get tickets for (Ireland a few years ago for example) I suppose. 

The folk that normally go to away games would still have more points though so I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for these guys  

To be honest though it's not that difficult to get tickets for most away games and build up some points. 

Pete, giving a home point would give supporters  a wee hand up to start going to away games . There are a few in our supporters group who would like to have gone to an away game but haven't had the points for say, Lithuania.

What does occur to me is that guys like yourself who live abroad should be given bonus points as you probably can't make all home games .

I'm all for a loyalty system of some sort:  If we ever qualify for finals, then of course regular fans should get 1st go of course.

With some sympathy for low pointers (I'm middling myself), how about throwing 10-20% of allocation open to any member?   As usual, I've not thought this through...

29 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I'm all for a loyalty system of some sort:  If we ever qualify for finals, then of course regular fans should get 1st go of course.

With some sympathy for low pointers (I'm middling myself), how about throwing 10-20% of allocation open to any member?   As usual, I've not thought this through...

:lol: Stop talking the piss.

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Pete, giving a home point would give supporters  a wee hand up to start going to away games . There are a few in our supporters group who would like to have gone to an away game but haven't had the points for say, Lithuania.

What does occur to me is that guys like yourself who live abroad should be given bonus points as you probably can't make all home games .

I'd recommend going to games like the Polish friendly, Czech Friendly, Georgia Away and the likes. Points to be had.

The while abroad thing throws up the reasons why home and away should be split, or remain as it is.

Most SSC members just go to home games then want a ticket for Wembley, Dublin or Amsterdam. 

There's probibly a core of 4,000 travellers who go to Away games. Split the clubs.

Go back to an STC and Market the feck out of the season tickets. Also drop the prices, as 40 sheets to whatch Scotland v Lithuania on a Tuesday is a piss take.

J

8 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Am I right in thinking then that the home points system is being introduced before 2020 incase we do qualify. 2 games at Hampden in group stage will have a massive amount of tickets set aside for sponsors & hospitality. 

We wouldn't be playing at Hampden if we do qualify so SSC members wouldn't have the automatic right to tickets there for group games. 

2 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I don't think you can give bonus points to people just because they live abroad. 

I'm lucky in that I split my time between living abroad and in Scotland so I get to my fair share of home games.

There's plenty of folk who only go to away games though that could miss out on a ticket for a big match because people who go to all the home matches suddenly decide to go to an attractive away game. 

Fair or not? I'm not sure. I suppose there has to be a balance to keep as many people as happy as possible. 

15 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Am I right in thinking then that the home points system is being introduced before 2020 incase we do qualify. 2 games at Hampden in group stage will have a massive amount of tickets set aside for sponsors & hospitality. 

I don't think the points are for getting home tickets. If you're in the club you should be guaranteed a home ticket.

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We wouldn't be playing at Hampden if we do qualify so SSC members wouldn't have the automatic right to tickets there for group games. 

If we qualify for 2020 I'm certain 2 of the group games will be at Hampden.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I don't think the points are for getting home tickets. If you're in the club you should be guaranteed a home ticket.

All I'm thinking is if we play a big supported team at Hampden they surely wouldn't be able to provide 35000 tickets to members.

5 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm sure in the survey it said if we qualify, 2 games are at home.

I'm sure I remember reading ages ago that host countries wouldn't be playing at home as it would give an unfair advantage to 13 teams (rather than just the normal 1 or 2).

To be fair, that was ages ago so it might have either changed or I got the wrong end of the stick completely. Wouldn't be the first time. 

I hope you're right. Two games at Hampden would be amazing and would give us a chance of qualifying. Got to get there first though. 

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yeah you're right. Just checked there. Host countries who qualify are guaranteed 2 home games.

11 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I would add that 2 group games aren't really home games if you not what I mean.

Good point. We might get more tickets than the opposition but I doubt it would be the normal 95%-5% split you see in qualifiers. 

Mind you, if I remember correctly we only got 10% of the available tickets against England at Wembley in 1996. 

39 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

All I'm thinking is if we play a big supported team at Hampden they surely wouldn't be able to provide 35000 tickets to members.

They might not have to as we may not have 35k members.

Also, if they introduce home points for 2018/19 membership and we do qualify and have a big uptake in membership again I would guarantee that SFA would have it written into 2020/21 membership that any games where our allocation is below our membership levels, such as two potential "home" games mentioned, would be allocated on a points basis.

On 16/08/2017 at 10:20 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

If they are going to introduce home points there should be a bigger disparity between them and away points. They are basically saying that someone who jumps on a local service bus and attends a couple of games at Hampden has the same commitment as someone who pays a few hundred quid and 3-4 days off work to travel to Belgrade or Skopje or Vilnius for a game. 

Its also a kick in the teeth for anyone outside the central belt who is now going to be potentially penalised for not making all midweek games due to their location making travelling to/from Hampden more than just a quick jaunt in the car. If they truly value all Scotland fans loyalty, from all over the country, they should ensure the games which may attract smaller audiences are spread equally around the country where possible.

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

They might not have to as we may not have 35k members.

Also, if they introduce home points for 2018/19 membership and we do qualify and have a big uptake in membership again I would guarantee that SFA would have it written into 2020/21 membership that any games where our allocation is below our membership levels, such as two potential "home" games mentioned, would be allocated on a points basis.

3b: Rewarding Loyalty

Loyalty Points
- Gain 1 point for a home game, last 10 games total (starting from 0)
- Gain 2 points for an away game, your last 10 away games total will be included in this calculation
- Gain 1 point for renewing membership
- Gain 1 point if you’ve been a member for 3 or more campaigns
- New members start at 0 points
- Points ladder dictates priority of access to away ticket
- Home ticket guaranteed with season ticket purchase
- If less than 35,000 members then individual home ticket guaranteed
- If more that 35,000 members then points ladder dictates priority access to home ticket

If it ain't broke then why try and fix it?

All because some fair weather away fans mump and moan they can't get tickets because they only fancy trips to England, Wales, Ireland and Germany and the likes. If they want on the point ladder then make the effort to go to kick about friendlies like other people have had to do

Edited by DoonTheSlope

31 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I think changing the points system will make no difference. If you want to guarantee away tickets you have to keep going to 4 out 5 games every year or so. Some folk seem to forget some of us have been doing that for a long time.

Agree, those who regularly attend away games (who most of will also attend home games on top of that) will still be ahead on points, so its effectively the SSC reinventing the wheel almost.