New Points Structure For Next Campaign - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Points Structure For Next Campaign

Gary Stirling

1 point for home game, last 10 games, everyone starts at 0

2 points for away game, last 10 games, current points included

1 point for renewing membership

1 point if you've been a member for 3 or more campaigns

Subject to change I think...

Source - Survey in today's email

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FANDABBYDOZZY said:

I didn't think it was changing I took it as they were looking see what the feedback was on it

I thought that too but then once you answered it all the wording was this is going to be the membership from next campaign, unless I picked it up wrong...

18 minutes ago, Gary Stirling said:

I thought that too but then once you answered it all the wording was this is going to be the membership from next campaign, unless I picked it up wrong...

y would reach 10 points pretty quick then so they would have to ballot tickets for away games 

I would not mind that.   2 pts away, 1pt home, but then I live not far from Hampden ^_^ (though it is a Rodger Moore to get home from there on match days).   Fairer?   I'm open minded.

I guess this would hurt "ex-pat" supporters.

Some pretty innovative ideas , we really like them . Supporters Club needs a good shake up .

Like the home point ,was pretty pissed off soaking and freezing at Canada friendly for no reward . Never understood why only supporters who go to away games get a point  .

I have also started missing home games like Malta, if I am getting a point then I will probably go .

The group discount is not before time ,think some of our lapsed members may rejoin but surely could get membership down to £30 if they leave out the rubbish they send us .

Jeez, still playing catch up here as usual.   Thought Gary S, you were starting a topic with an innovative suggestion:  I only got a D- in reading, sorry.

So it's real.   Gary TA hits nail in 3rd para.    IMO, promotes home games... even "diddy" ones, so makes money and hopefully atmosphere.   Give it a go...

This is about to turn as farcical as the thread on Facebook about it. 

People can't get away tickets. 

I cant get on the points ladder. 

I stay next door to Hampden, so me going deserves a point over someone who has hundreds of miles to travel. 

Absolute pish. 

Your "reward" for joining the SSC is guaranteed home tickets.

Your "reward" for going to away games is getting away tickets. 

Everyone in the SSC has the option do do both of these things. What's the problem and why does it need changed? 

Sounds to me like some folk can only be arsed with the bigger away games and think they should have the same, or a better, chance than those who go all the time. How's that fair?

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Some pretty innovative ideas , we really like them . Supporters Club needs a good shake up .

Like the home point ,was pretty pissed off soaking and freezing at Canada friendly for no reward . Never understood why only supporters who go to away games get a point  .

I have also started missing home games like Malta, if I am getting a point then I will probably go .

The group discount is not before time ,think some of our lapsed members may rejoin but surely could get membership down to £30 if they leave out the rubbish they send us .

You only follow Scotland at home if you're getting rewarded with a point? 

Sounds like you're not really that interested in supporting the team, which makes it harder to understand why you'd care about points in the first place.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

This is about to turn as farcical as the thread on Facebook about it. 

People can't get away tickets. 

I cant get on the points ladder. 

I stay next door to Hampden, so me going deserves a point over someone who has hundreds of miles to travel. 

Absolute pish. 

The wallopers who know fvck all about fitba' are getting their fix and the guys who can't afford the brutal prices are cast aside. All hail the Barca and Madrid picture takers. 

3 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Your "reward" for joining the SSC is guaranteed home tickets.

Your "reward" for going to away games is getting away tickets. 

Everyone in the SSC has the option do do both of these things. What's the problem and why does it need changed? 

Sounds to me like some folk can only be arsed with the bigger away games and think they should have the same, or a better, chance than those who go all the time. How's that fair?

This is it spot on. 

5 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Cash guys love cretins like you and you make a working man like me sick.