New Points Structure For Next Campaign - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Points Structure For Next Campaign

Gary Stirling

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Ombdy paying £100 a month to Sky/BT is not a Scotland supporter.

Anybody paying Sky anything like £100 a month is a mentalist when it's well known you could get everything bar movies for £30 odd a month. I'm paying £44 a month and that includes multi-room at £12. 

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

Will confess to two things.

i gave up a long standing SSC membership after the 1-0 Prague game and have been to 2 Scotland games since (one home one away).

I haven't read this whole thread so someone might have already said what I'm about to say. 

However! Am I completely missing something here. Does the introduction of home games to the points system really change anything at all? Are there really any significant numbers of fans who go to away games, but don't go to home games??

10 hours ago, Marky said:

i gave up a long standing SSC membership after the 1-0 Prague game and have been to 2 Scotland games since (one home one away).

I haven't read this whole thread so someone might have already said what I'm about to say. 

However! Am I completely missing something here. Does the introduction of home games to the points system really change anything at all? Are there really any significant numbers of fans who go to away games, but don't go to home games??

To an extent it does, it could have an effect on those who currently float around the 3-5 point mark per say, especially if getting to Hampden on a Tuesday etc is an issue due to their location. The week of football is to blame here though.

It may not be a huge amount but there is obviously fans in this bracket. Folk don't have unlimited leave, so at the end of the day could go for a two/three day trip to Lithuania and get two points instead of a two day trip to Hampden and get one.

17 hours ago, Marky said:

Yip, me. And my Dad.

J

On 23/08/2017 at 8:31 PM, Grim Jim said:

Ombdy paying £100 a month to Sky/BT is not a Scotland supporter.

On 15/08/2017 at 9:32 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I pay about 70 to virgin every month for myself and my family to watch TV and use the WiFi. I hope I'm still allowed to call myself a Scotland supporter since that falls under your £100 threshold.

12 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

"My" £100 threshold was actually a number picked from someone's earlier post.

I do have a bee in my bunnet about giving Sky any money.

Do you accept though that some people do it for reasons other than supporting, or not supporting in this case, a football team?

I accept my wording was not exactly what I tried to express.   (Typical for me, that.)

My italics were meant to stress that paying Sky IMO does not on the whole support Scottish football.   I've probably fecked up that sentence anaw!

On 24/08/2017 at 8:22 PM, Grim Jim said:

Just my opinion, but I don't see a massively cash inflated league next door to us as a good thing.

I have virgin, watch football on it as I enjoy it, watch other things too and still go to the occasional game

On 24/08/2017 at 8:36 PM, Reevesy said:

I pay about 70 to virgin every month for myself and my family to watch TV and use the WiFi. I hope I'm still allowed to call myself a Scotland supporter since that falls under your £100 threshold.

I'm about 65 for BT, Netflix (share with my Mum), and SkyGo (I get from my Mum but pay the sport add-on). Only watch football on the Mac - mostly while cooking. Am part-timer theses days, having been up to 8 points and going towards 10...........then my Mrs went and got herself pregnant. Some fowk are just selfish.

11 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Am part-timer theses days, having been up to 8 points and going towards 10...........then my Mrs went and got herself pregnant. Some fowk are just selfish.

Your 26 year old Wife no' too auld for that caper in Dundee? :)