Celtic v Astana - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v Astana

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I missed the forum members out of the concentration on negatives.

The rage is palatable.

I'm quite happy for Celtic get through.

Would've had a good chuckle at their expense if they'd lost 7-1 though, which must've been starting to look a possibility!

:shocked:

Didn't see the game, but saw the goals and some of the defending looked as bad as Motherwell during Mark Mcghees mental breakdown last season.

:lol:

Good result for Scottish football, Celtic might even use some of that £30 million to buy our best player to stick on their bench if we're really lucky... :P 

11 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Good wake up call for you, hopefully you won't get found out as badly as you did last year now.

Apart from the embarrassing shoeing in Barca and a disappointing home defeat to BMG how exactly did Celtic get "found out"? The home and away draws with Man City? The draw in Germany?

43 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Apart from the embarrassing shoeing in Barca and a disappointing home defeat to BMG how exactly did Celtic get "found out"? The home and away draws with Man City? The draw in Germany?

Yeah, to be fair even the pumping away to Barca looked worse than it was. Not only could Barca do that to anyone (see PSG comeback), but had Dembele scored the penalty at 1-0 it could've been different.

They could've gone in level at halftime. Instead Barca went straight up the park and made it 2-0 and Celtic didn't do a very good job on the damage limitation front in the 2nd half.

If they draw Real Madrid, id maybe try and get a ticket.

22 hours ago, slasher said:

If u want positives Ntcham looks like absolute quality ?

Yep, he looked the part in the first leg. Lovely range of passing and isn't scared to get stuck in. 

Probably be off at the end of the season to Southampton.?

43 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yep, he looked the part in the first leg. Lovely range of passing and isn't scared to get stuck in. 

Probably be off at the end of the season to Southampton.?

Haha! You don't work for the evening times do you RB? ?

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Haha! You don't work for the evening times do you RB? ?

? No mate, not a journalist thank God. I have a real job. ?

Sadly I think Ntcham's a real prospect and that normally means the vultures down South will be waiting. The Southampton line was just me pulling your leg as they do seem to be monitoring your squad quite closely these days. 

On 22/08/2017 at 10:22 PM, slasher said:

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Bayern, PSG and Anderlecht for Celtic :o 

Could have been better but could have been a lot lot worse. Three teams we haven't played in a long time (Have we ever played Anderlecht in fact), three places that are very easy to get to and a small chance to get third and European football beyond Christmas. One of my first European games was PSG in the early nineties when Patrice Loko ran f u cking riot round Celtic Park so looking forward to welcoming them back and Neymar as well.

Edited by Mox

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Could have been better but could have been a lot lot worse. Three teams we haven't played in a long time (Have we ever played Anderlecht in fact), three places that are very easy to get to and a small chance to get third and European football beyond Christmas. One of my first European games was PSG in the early nineties when Patrice Loko ran f u cking riot round Celtic Park so looking forward to welcoming them back and Neymar as well.

We have played Anderlecht before. I seem to remember Larsson scoring against them. I think we won at home and lost away. 

Just checked...we won 3-1 at home and lost 1-0 away. Funnily enough Bayern were also in the group and along with a French side, Lyon. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

We played Anderlecht during the O'Neill era. Won 3-1 at home lost 1-0 away against 10 men ?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

We played Anderlecht during the O'Neill era. Won 3-1 at home lost 1-0 away against 10 men ?

Against an 18 year old Vincent Kompany, IIRC.

Anderlecht have had a poor start to the season in the league (W1 D1 L2), so that should give some encouragement.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

2003/04. 

Finished 3rd behind Lyon and Bayern and ahead of Anderlecht. 3 points between top and bottom.

When Bobo gave a last minute penalty away in Lyon in the final game

2 hours ago, Mox said:

You might be right actually, early 2000's?

Surprised you can't remember that if you're old enough to  remember PSG in 96. We were terrific that night and should have won by more.