Celtic v Astana - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v Astana

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic played really well tonight and showed that you make your own luck sometimes. 

4 of the goals had wee bits of luck involved but the first and last goals were only scored because of the play leading up to them. 

Having said that Forrest's goal was the best and I thought Griffiths was easily Man of the Match. 

2nd leg must be a formality now. 

32 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Easy. Absolutely fantastic performance from the nations favourites.

Flying the Scottish  flag again. 

they were pretty poor until the first goal. Had possesion but did nothing at all with it.

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

they were pretty poor until the first goal. Had possesion but did nothing at all with it.

That makes the result even better. We can improve more and I still think we will bring another 1 or 2 players.

Griffiths is fantastic. Our best forward since Larsson. 

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Good to see Shitov get his name on the scoresheet...

At least he has been more effective for Celtic  [with an own goal and sending off of last year]  than  his cousin from Brazil  [Raphael Shite] was during his spell at the club.   

A classic Euro night on and off the park.

Griffiths' work rate is absolutely first class and he gave their back line hell all night. Dembele will struggle to get back in the team if he keeps this form up. Ntcham (if that's how you spell it) looks like he's going to be a big player for us too.

The UFC/McGregor themed banner from the GB before kick off was a really good one I thought. 

The best part for me though is that I no longer have to pull a sickie to watch the second leg ?

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Griffiths was outstanding, they are a totally different team when he plays.

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd have Griffiths over Dembele if I was a Celtic fan and had to choose.

It's only unpopular with folk who have bought into the hype of MD being a 10 billion dollar asset. He's a very good player and will get even better but I think Griffiths is more direct and would score more goals over a season than him, and since BR arrived at the club he's improved in other aspects of his game too.

He's going to tear it up in Vilnius next month.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fingers crossed!

He's a wee ned but I find it hard to dislike him. His scoring record against us, even at Hibs, should make me hate him though!

After those two free kicks in June then I'd say it's probably hard for most Scotland fans to dislike him.

Btw where can I get a pint in Kilmarnock about 10am on Saturday? Going to be arriving a bit earlier. I know that Weatherspoons round from the station will be open but think it's food only.

12 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

After those two free kicks in June then I'd say it's probably hard for most Scotland fans to dislike him.

Btw where can I get a pint in Kilmarnock about 10am on Saturday? Going to be arriving a bit earlier. I know that Weatherspoons round from the station will be open but think it's food only.

First Edition opens early too, not sure if it's food too.

Not in Killie that early unless I'm getting a bus to Aberdeen or that but normally it's a chap on door effort.

Could try Clansman, think that might be your best bet. I've asked a few of my mates who stay in the town though.

I'll be in the Brass for 11am :mellow: