Celtic v Astana - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v Astana

37 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'll have found an angle to take offence and report it to UEFA by lunchtime.

:ok:

??

I'm expecting to see a union jack with Mayweather's face on it hanging outside the Louden any minute now.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great result. was impressed by the way after half an hour, at 0-0 they didn't panic or try too hard. they just kept knocking the ball across the field looking for an opening which eventually came.  good performances all round but the Astana keeper was useless.

4 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Ntcham (if that's how you spell it) looks like he's going to be a big player for us too.

Its going to be a real dogfight for the 3 from 5 in the centre of midfield. Broony is probably nailed on, as you said Ntcham has started very well and seems to have a fair engine and pass on him, big Rogic just knows where the goal is and then there is Armstrong, if he gets back to last seasons form, and McGregor. Feel a bit for McGregor because every time I see him I think he has a good game, has great feet and also is a decent goal threat but he is probably at the back of the queue for a starting position if everyone fit and on form. 

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fingers crossed!

He's a wee ned but I find it hard to dislike him. His scoring record against us, even at Hibs, should make me hate him though!

Being a wee ned is what is making him the player it is. I believe Berti Vogts would call him a cheeky boy. :ok:

Thought we were good last night, played some clever stuff, kept the ball and defended when called upon. The most impressive thing certainly though was our ruthlessness compared with the past 12 months where in a lot of games we've missed numerous chances each game. We'll get to the group stage and hopefully that will result in the few extra bodies we need to make an impact in Europe this year.

12 hours ago, Reevesy said:

A classic Euro night on and off the park.

Griffiths' work rate is absolutely first class and he gave their back line hell all night. Dembele will struggle to get back in the team if he keeps this form up. Ntcham (if that's how you spell it) looks like he's going to be a big player for us too.

The UFC/McGregor themed banner from the GB before kick off was a really good one I thought. 

The best part for me though is that I no longer have to pull a sickie to watch the second leg ?

The best part is that you got sacked for going last night????

Weirdo :lol:

21 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

That makes the result even better. We can improve more and I still think we will bring another 1 or 2 players.

Griffiths is fantastic. Our best forward since Larsson. 

yeah not a terrible thing just think they need a bit of work to compete with the best

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

yeah not a terrible thing just think they need a bit of work to compete with the best

For sure. We still have improvements to make and we need a kind draw. There is a big difference between Real Madrid, PSG & Spurs and Spartak Moscow, Porto & Feyenoord.

13 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

For sure. We still have improvements to make and we need a kind draw. There is a big difference between Real Madrid, PSG & Spurs and Spartak Moscow, Porto & Feyenoord.

Rijeka winning at home in the second league would be good too if they knock out Olympiakos as that would push Celtic into pot 3. They were 1-1 in Greece until losing a last minute goal. Realistically Olympiakos are the only team above Celtic in the rankings in final qualify round who could go out.

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Is that really a difference in a potential actual draw?

Probably not until after next weeks games to see who is in what pot.  Or has that been decided already?

8 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I noticed Sportsound guys have been saying the 'Champions route' is being scrapped for the qualifiers from next season...

Well they're wrong. The champions route is staying but it will be slightly harder now that the big 4 leagues have 4 teams going in automatically. Now means that, for example, Celtic could face the Dutch champions when normally they'd be straight into the groups.

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Is that really a difference in a potential actual draw?

Not quite but nearly. Feyenoord are pot 4 with Celtic (at the moment) but pot 3 could be Basel or Anderlecht....or Spurs Liverpool Napoli or Roma!

Pot 1 now has Russian Ukrainian and French champs irrespective of coefficient so pot 2 now a bombscare

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2017.html

29 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Been decided, see post and link above. As said earlier Olympiakos going out next week moves Celtic to pot 3 avoiding Napoli etc otherwise its pot 4.

If we did move to pot 3 we would probably draw RB Leipzig!