Jerry Sadowitz - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Went to two shows today:

First up was The Noise Next Door.

This is brilliant. 5 out of 5. There are two shows - the watered down daytime version and the more edgy evening one. We went to daytime, but taking wife next week to evening show. It's basically an improv show within a sketch, but is really clever, and well done, and incorporates the audience really well. The audience throw words at the four guys on stage and they build them into a running thread. You could essentially go to every show, cos I'm guessing every one will be quite different.

The we headed over to the lecture theatre for The Oxford Review.

This was, quite simply, the worst comedy group I've ever witnessed - in person or on TV. 0 out of 5. Three middle class Oxford students who've seen one sketch show too many and thought 'how difficult can it be?', before putting together an hour of 'quirky' (read p!sh) sketches. So awful I'd have thanked you for killing me after 5 minutes. I reckon the lecture theatre holds maybe 150 people. I reckon about 15 left before the end.