Wings Harassment - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of his work is brilliant, dedicated yet so simple - scrolling through the internet and archives in a investigative journalist way and it was a huge asset to the Yes campaign in 2014 ; but he really is his own worst enemy at times and seems to have the shortest of fuses that would rival an Ex-Yugoslav. He seems to fly off the handle and to his own 'team members' at the drop of a hat ; but I do read his blog from now on.

Pretty much go with the - do all the good stuff, and sit on your hands when you want to get aggy with people on Twitter. His football punditry is pretty appalling though.

Saying that, there's no way we would have got 45% without him and his great work during the referendum.

Seen ScotGoesPop was also involved in some form of Twitter arguing with Yes supporters about something - didn't pay enough attention - and of course lots of Unionist trolls saying the SNP/Yes cult is over etc.

We all just need to bide our time, and the SNP I hope are working away in the background using some of those ousted MPs like Salmond, Robertson, Weir to build up a possible Yes campaign for when then inevitable cluster funk of Brexit arrives. .

I'm not sure what to make of WoS.  They do a lot of good in unpicking some of the rubbish produced by the mainstream press and presenting it in an accessible format.  It is easy to see why so many pro-union bloggers, journos and supporters loathe Stu Campbell and his site so much (as apparently some pro-indy bloggers and journos do too, possibly, in part, out of good old-fashioned envy).  So they clearly understand how the media works.  Why, then, does Campbell, time and time again, give his opponents an excuse to attack him and by extension his site's work?!

In fairness, he isn't they only journalist who can be abrasive on Twitter; Alex Massie and David Torrance can be quite acerbic in their Tweeting too.  But he must know that his political position (on the constitution anyway) and the fact that he's 'new media' means he is going to be judged, unfairly, by different standards.

6 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Totally agree.

When conversations with friends/colleagues/etc turn to independence, people very quickly ask "you a big fan of that Wings over Scotland ersepiece then?". It's hard enough talking to people about it without morons like Campbell making it incredibly easy for Unionists and Undecideds to pass us all off as loud-mouth, abusive cybernats.

Really?  Whenever I've discussed independence with friends, family and work colleagues the main subjects tend to be things like currency, the economy, public services, jobs - the stuff we should be talking about, basically.

I'm not saying the creation of the 'cybernat' hasn't had some traction but I haven't found it to be one of the main things people focus on.

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

I'm not sure what to make of WoS.  They do a lot of good in unpicking some of the rubbish produced by the mainstream press and presenting it in an accessible format.  It is easy to see why so many pro-union bloggers, journos and supporters loathe Stu Campbell and his site so much (as apparently some pro-indy bloggers and journos do too, possibly, in part, out of good old-fashioned envy).  So they clearly understand how the media works.  Why, then, does Campbell, time and time again, give his opponents an excuse to attack him and by extension his site's work?!

In fairness, he isn't they only journalist who can be abrasive on Twitter; Alex Massie and David Torrance can be quite acerbic in their Tweeting too.  But he must know that his political position (on the constitution anyway) and the fact that he's 'new media' means he is going to be judged, unfairly, by different standards.

I'm not surprised people who are passionate about independence get aggressive and lose it from time to time, especially when we/they see the lies splashed around by the main stream media and Unionist MPs. We are all supposed to sit back and play nice whilst their misleading headlines and lies go unchallenged. 

Bank rolled by nationalist £ after 3 decades living in England.  Like an American "shock jock" tapping away with the curtains drawn being aggressive; threatening and twisting stars. No career. No bird. No social skills but a genius in a way.  

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not surprised people who are passionate about independence get aggressive and lose it from time to time, especially when we/they see the lies splashed around by the main stream media and Unionist MPs. We are all supposed to sit back and play nice whilst their misleading headlines and lies go unchallenged. 

Wings probably gets more stick in a day on the internet than most people get in a year, so in that sense it's easy to see why they sometimes lash out. 

Apparently this story was covered by BBC Scotland this morning.  Strange that they hardly ever cover any of the work actually produced by WoS. 

Aye, Alan

Annoying right wing .selfish un informed , voters for 5 year,.    

Facts and logic always hurt the Unionist cause..

Unionist Tactics...play the man not the content...

his comment is usually spot on, his personality is just that,

if he is annoying you Alan, he is doing alright in my book.

7 minutes ago, stocky said:

Aye, Alan

Annoying right wing .selfish un informed , voters for 5 year,.    

Facts and logic always hurt the Unionist cause..

Unionist Tactics...play the man not the content...

his comment is usually spot on, his personality is just that,

if he is annoying you Alan, he is doing alright in my book.

I'm not right wing, selfish, uninformed nor a Unionist and he pisses me off. 

Mainly because he's a total arsehole. Some top quality WoS arseholery here: 

I have said, and stand by the view, that OTHER Liverpool fans were partly culpable for the deaths of the 96. I have always made abundantly and repeatedly plain that the VICTIMS themselves were completely innocent.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yup. The guy is a complete arsehole

i dont doubt that. Many commentators of all things are.  

It is the content of his political comment that he excels at.

I dont follow anything else he does.

2 minutes ago, stocky said:

i dont doubt that. Many commentators of all things are.  

It is the content of his political comment that he excels at.

I dont follow anything else he does.

But he undermines his work by being an aggressive, abusive wh@nk. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Again Aye, you are right.

However we seem to be all moral high ground on this, the ' other side' dont give a shyte, they get right wing nutters,O.O , nutters, Racists , sectarian nutters Nazis etc and all sort of tweeters and bloggers and they dont care. 

I agree we should be better, but the world aint perfect. 

FFS they are going after Bella now, IMO its a concerted campaign. blacken the informer and then their information can be discarded. 

The National will be next , they Sunday Herald is already poo pooed with their headlines. 

The Westminster govt and their supporters will try shut down all forms of information that they dont like.  #

He has such a big following because he is an angry, aggressive w@nk .
Dude doesn't give a f--k when it comes to calling out unionist lies.
Fair play to him
It is not my style - but in the face of open hostility towards Scottish independence it is an emotion I have empathy for.

Lets remember the journalist in question (Siobhan McFaddyen) suggested the 2014 referendum had made Scotland as divided as Bosnia and incited violence.  She is a lying unionist scum bug and deserves no sympathy or respect.

Edited by Haggis_trap

34 minutes ago, stocky said:

The National will be next ,

The National is behind on the Scotsman as the most partisan publication on the market. A rag worthy only of ridicule. 

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

See the trend in the polls below. Maybe not quite as big a jump as 25% to 45% although definitely an upward curve...

1024px-Scottish_independence_polls_graph

where is it now BTW. do we know? keep seeing stories of support sliding but are there any recent numbers?

17 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

He has such a big following because he is an angry, aggressive w@nk .
Dude doesn't give a f--k when it comes to calling out unionist lies.
Fair play to him
It is not my style - but in the face of open hostility towards Scottish independence it is an emotion I have empathy for.

Lets remember the journalist in question (Siobhan McFaddyen) suggested the 2014 referendum had made Scotland as divided as Bosnia and incited violence.  She is a lying unionist scum bug and deserves no sympathy or respect.

broad agreement with this. Not how I would go about it,  but in the face of the unionist dirt its refreshing that someone fights fire with fire.

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The National is behind on the Scotsman as the most partisan publication on the market. A rag worthy only of ridicule. 

All journalism / media is inherently biased ;-)
However : an open and declared bias is more honest than pretend neutrality ?

There is nothing wrong with a newspaper than is openly in favor of independence.
Indeed there should be a market for such publication in modern day Scotland ?