Wings Harassment - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Reading this thread, it's easy to see why Yes lost.

I would argue that Wings probably did a lot more to aid the Yes vote than to hinder it. Without Wings yes would have lost by far more I would argue.

whether you like his approach or not and most of us agree it is at times not good, with 90% of the mainstream media against the Indy argument, its inevitable that people like Rev Stu will exist.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

that's a pretty condescending statement Parkie.

its exactly what I have come to expect from him

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Reading this thread, it's easy to see why Yes lost.

whats your magic formula? 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The National is behind on the Scotsman as the most partisan publication on the market. A rag worthy only of ridicule. 

The major difference is that the National makes no secret of its partiality.  Papers like the Herald and the Scotsman have a facade of impartiality but in reality are anything but.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

well its a pretty ridiculous claim to make. the way wings conducts himself is at times questionable, but I don't see anyone else consistently destroying the lies from the unionist side like him. If someone else was there and did without the vitriol then fine but there isn't bar one or two others.

But feeling that way seems to make us all bad for the yes movement in Parkies eyes. So if wings didn't exist far more people would flock to yes? 

4 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

YES lost because Scotland (sadly) wasn't ready for independence.
it hurts - but that is the reality.

and possibly too many people believed the pro unionist lies and spin, which wings works tirelessly to expose.

6 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

well its a pretty ridiculous claim to make. the way wings conducts himself is at times questionable, but I don't see anyone else consistently destroying the lies from the unionist side like him. If someone else was there and did without the vitriol then fine but there isn't bar one or two others.

But feeling that way seems to make us all bad for the yes movement in Parkies eyes. So if wings didn't exist far more people would flock to yes? 

5 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

and possibly too many people believed the pro unionist lies and spin, which wings works tirelessly to expose.

this is why I don't mind some nationalist getting frustrated, I'll openly admit to losing the plot with No voters who were displaying unbelievable levels of ignorance by spouting unionist lies. Its hard when you are very passionate about something but it feels like everything is against you. 

I can only imagine parklife is the model citizen with the highest moral compass.

EDIT - by losing the plot I don't mean violence or anything close to that

Edited by vanderark14

17 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

that's a pretty condescending statement Parkie.

Maybe but we've got folk saying they like his aggression. His aggression is a massive turn off to undecided voters. Yet here we have Yes voters saying they like it :lol: 

14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I would argue that Wings probably did a lot more to aid the Yes vote than to hinder it. Without Wings yes would have lost by far more I would argue.

whether you like his approach or not and most of us agree it is at times not good, with 90% of the mainstream media against the Indy argument, its inevitable that people like Rev Stu will exist.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

:lol: 

My approach would be not to abuse folk on twitter, not to make false claims in my articles and to not apportion blame to Liverpool fans for Hillsborough. 

5 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Yet stops himself being a usable source in any discussion with undecided or soft No voters due to his behaviour. Him appealing to folk who already vote Yes is no use. His work has to appeal to folk who don't already vote Yes. They are the ones who need to be turned. 

It's all very well chastising the MSM and the folk who believe it. It's frustrating, i get that. However calling folk thick or giving them abuse is only going to entrench their opinion. 

I'm not saying that WoS would be better off not existing. He's done a lot of good work. However it is possible to do that work without being a total cock and undermining his own work due to that attitude. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I can only imagine parklife is the model citizen with the highest moral compass.

It's possible to engage in the discussion without making sly wee digs at me, just because i disagree with you :ok: 

Maybe but we've got folk saying they like his aggression. His aggression is a massive turn off to undecided voters. Yet here we have Yes voters saying they like it :lol: 

My approach would be not to abuse folk on twitter, not to make false claims in my articles and to not apportion blame to Liverpool fans for Hillsborough. 

Yet stops himself being a usable source in any discussion with undecided or soft No voters due to his behaviour. Him appealing to folk who already vote Yes is no use. His work has to appeal to folk who don't already vote Yes. They are the ones who need to be turned. 

It's all very well chastising the MSM and the folk who believe it. It's frustrating, i get that. However calling folk thick or giving them abuse is only going to entrench their opinion. 

I'm not saying that WoS would be better off not existing. He's done a lot of good work. However it is possible to do that work without being a total cock and undermining his own work due to that attitude. 

It's possible to engage in the discussion without making sly wee digs at me, just because i disagree with you :ok: 

as I have said before, try not being a condescending twat and you can probably expect less digs.

Thats no formula for independence, thats only what you think WOS shouldn't do.

Edited by vanderark14

A blog called Wings over Scotland is never going to be able to be used as a primary source to swing voters.

His use is generating knowledge amongst people who can in turn talk about it with family, friends and colleagues should chat ever come up.

Prior to 2014 many of the people who turned Yes just thought we needed English money to survive or conditioned in some other way.  It was the spread of information that changed that.  Wings had a part to play.

The fact we needed someone like him to call out the bull is a sad indictment on Scottish journalism.  They have their agenda.  It's not mental to call it out.

The National is a disgrace and turns people off in my view.  A comic.

He's a snarky get but so are many that give him abuse daily.

as I have said before, try not being a condescending twat and you can probably expect less digs.

Try not to talk complete shite and i won't have to be :) 

Thats no formula for independence, thats only what you think WOS shouldn't do.

Well his formula has succeeded in making his "brand" toxic and unusable as a legitimate source. So I'd say that it's failing. 

Well his formula has succeeded in making his "brand" toxic and unusable as a legitimate source. So I'd say that it's failing. 

there you go again, and you had the cheek to have a go at bluegaz, you are just as bad. greet when people call you anything but its quite alright for you to be a condescending #####. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Even if he was a nice as margarine, at what point will a blog ever be a legitimate primary source to swing a voter round?

I can't imagine the conversation..."oh you know you should read WoS.  That's where you should get your info from?"  You'd come across as a bampot.

He uses external sources so you literally don't need to use his brand name to make legitimate points.  It's the whole point.

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

7 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

He uses external sources so you literally don't need to use his brand name to make legitimate points.  It's the whole point.

He provides a source of information with outside links for the  YES voter to use to convince the Undecided voter or NO voter. 

You dont need to quote Wings to use his points in a discussion. To just quote WOS to an undecided voter is a lazy way of getting the point over.  And this is exactly what the bad mouthing and calling out Wos all about ..to discredit the source.....

The political info is excellent

Use the info , use the source he quotes, they are all official websites and information sites.and 

He educates the YES side. 

We should use the info without needing to quote him... 

As Pap says, Use the  Info not the Brand....

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

there you go again, and you had the cheek to have a go at bluegaz, you are just as bad. greet when people call you anything but its quite alright for you to be a condescending #####. 

I'm not greeting. I'm here discussing the WoS blog. You're here discussing me and calling me names. :lol: 

34 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Should be easy enough for a more level headed indy supporter to set up a site using the same source material then ;)

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

When it comes to wings Parklife talks utter shite.

If folk had the choice lose Parklife or Wings from the YES support who would you choose?

I know who I would keep all day long.

<3 U bbz. :wub:

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

ok disagree with the first bit in bold - I think he produces a hell of a lot of stuff that can be used - whether he is accredited as the source or not.

second bit -agreed. as already stated.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Despite being a "tedious two-faced khunt", I'm definitely not disagreeing with this. He made a huge difference in run up to 2014. My criticisms are mainly that he's not learnt from the experience. Instead of learning from any mistakes and finding ways to win over the next 20%, he's happy to continue as before, abusing folk at drop of a hat and entrenching himself (and his opponents) further. Which ultimately means he's making the job that's left harder IMO, not easier.

just keep telling yourself that parkie

I'm not really interested in arguing with you TBH, i've stated my view on the subject. If you want to discuss it, i'm happy to. If you want to just slate me then... 

The point of this harassment thing is not to get a conviction - it is just to get a headline.  The yoon media want to discredit all independence sources and prominent supporters/MPs/MSPs.  Look at Michelle Thomson - she has done nothing wrong but that didn't stop the media destroying her political career.  I think however with Wings they may get more than they bargained for.  He will bite back.