Team v Lithuania - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v Lithuania

slasher

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to go with two out and out strikers surely?

Lithuania has been a jink fixture in previous campaigns. The 0-0 Levein "masterminded" at the start of the 2010 qualifiers was a massive missed opportunity. Also lost there under Vogts in one of the awful campaigns.

Walter Smith won there at the start of the 2006 group which set things up nicely for that near miss.

Win here and surely a banker 3 points v Malta would mean the last two games would mean something so really to me a defensive mindset going into this is not acceptable.

1 hour ago, scotsgary2 said:

Agree with team apart from mulgrew !!

Watched him against coventry in cup he looked half the player he was !!

I watched him against Burnley and he was one of the best players on the pitch. He is far too good for Blackburn / League 1. 

With Cairney pulling out (I suspected he was just slight favorite to start in Morrisons place) I think chances are high that it will actually be Bannan that starts in Vilnius.

Suspect Strachans team will resemble something like this,

................Gordon

Tierney, Berra, Mulgrew, Roberston (while Hearts have not had a fantastic start to the season, I can see Strachan trying to slot Berra in ahead of Martin and Hanley)

..........Brown, Armstrong

.....Forrest, Bannan, Snodgrass (just not convinced that Strachan will drop Snodgrass, and as said, got a feeling Bannan is slight favorite to start in this game)

................Griffiths

Edited by wanderer

On 8/24/2017 at 0:43 PM, drew said:

I'd keep him goals. I'm really not convinced that McGregor would do any better plus I'd play the Celtic players.

Center backs best of a bad bunch.

Snodgrass should be on the bench.

I'm suggesting Cairney but could also swap him for McArthur.

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Brown Armstrong

Forrest Cairney Fraser

Griffiths

Obviously depends on how the game is going but I hope he'd go 2 up top early in the second half if we're not winning.

Seeing as Cairney has pulled out I'm changing it to

Gordon

Tierney Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Brown McArthur

Forrest Armstrong Fraser

Griffiths