TACC/TASA - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TACC/TASA

shaddypeekey

Genuine question. 

Is there a difference between these two charities or  are they the same organisation achieving the same aims, commendably? 

Genuinely just wondering. 

I aye get them mixed up myself, and long wondered also.   So you've finally prompted me to look them up shaddy.

TASA - "Welcome to the home of the original and longest established charity funded by Scotland fans, the aim of which is to make a donation to identified children’s charities in every country in which the Scottish National Football Team plays matches. Since 2003, this has been achieved – uninterrupted."

TACC - " We spend all year raising as much money as possible to support disadvantaged children in Scotland and in the countries we visit to watch Scotland play. ... ... On behalf of Scotland's football supporters we then make grants to desperate children's homes and projects, take children to their first Scotland matches, and generally try to brighten up the lives of children who need it the most."

So away vs mostly home?

Cool. I cant help but think this might  be better as one charity doing both? 

Both of them sound like they do good deeds, so why not combine and do them together? I've happily donated to both, but I must admit I thought they were the same thing until I actually gave it a bit of thought.