Away programs - Memorabilia - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Away programs

chrisgemmelluk

Looking for up to date valuations on couple of programs (may be looking to sell also) if any one has any info. Photos will be uploaded later

estonia scotland tallinn 08.09.1999 with teamsheet and signed by team (euro 2000)
san mario scotland serravalle 7.10.2000 signed by team (world cup 2002)
croatia scotland zagreb 11.10.2000 included 2 sigs (world cup 2002)

Rough guess.....

Treat the signatures as they do not add much great value (some collectors can be very funny of this subject as its your word against their's that the signatures are legit) 

Estonia - Scotland..... not a particularly rare, but not all that widely available.... there is one on Ebay going for £15, but I think that guy has been trying to flog that one for years, as I have seen it for sale for roundabout £5 in shops in the uk.

San Marino - Scotland..... again, not a particularly rare one, given this was a free prog that they were handing out by the box load (I have about 6 of them in the house)..... this one is a bit of a odd one though, as I have chucked some on Ebay over the years.... put it once at £1.50, and made £18.00 from it.... another time put it on for £5.00 and could not shift it.

Croatia - Scotland.... this is probably the rarest one in that collection, and have actually seen very few of this one over the years, and when people do sell it, they are usually looking for £100+ for it.

24 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I think programmes are getting a bit out dated now.

I managed to obtain 2 of the Paris 2007 programme. Managed to shift one on eBay for £100+

The rarest one of recent times is the Czech Rep friendly that got pulped. Picked one up on eBay a few years back for £20 but usually well over £100.

The rarest one of recent years is the Spain friendly in Valencia, as there was only ever something like 200-ish ever made, So talking £500 for that one, and it VERY rarely ever makes an appearance for sale (saying that, about 6 years ago 3 appeared from various sellers over the space of 2 weeks.... think the lowest value one was still £250).

The game in Alicante was also a very low amount, but not long after someone flooded the market with a reprint copy of it, so its not worth as much (this really seemed to put people off buying this one, as the reprint is pretty excellent quality)

The Paris 2007 one has really dropped in value in recent years.... as it was not readily available at the match you were talking £100+ for a while, now you can find them for £15-20 or so (I have actually seen the 2002 France programme go for much more in recent years).

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

The game in Alicante was also a very low amount, but not long after someone flooded the market with a reprint copy of it, so its not worth as much (this really seemed to put people off buying this one, as the reprint is pretty excellent quality)

Yes I bought the reprint version on eBay for about £7 at the time. Think the guy does a lot of reprint programmes, mainly England ones.

There's also someone on eBay that does 4 page pirate programmes of most away games.

Yeah.

Will be interesting in Slovenia in October, as they have not got a great history of match program..... 2005 a national sports paper was technically the official match program, and in 2012 (IIRC) there was 2 "media guides" produced and a pirate one Reeky Sporran did, which are "viewed" as the official match programs.

Edit: Scrub 2012, there was a official one, but you had to buy it from a window next to the SSC pick up point (I had got the media guide while walking around to collect my ticket)

Edited by wanderer

• 2 weeks later...