Lithuania v Scotland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lithuania v Scotland

exile

"Gordon Strachan will be purring after watching Armstrong's header give his Scotland side the lead. "

"Andy Robertson is the first Liverpool player to score a competitive goal for Scotland since Kenny Dalglish v Spain in November 1984".

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes happy with that for the minority of us after listening to the doom and gloom all week. Most seem to want us to lose to get WGS oot

Hope we can finish them off

Edited by Doric

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

It was a good performance tonight - shame that Slovakia won, meaning that we have to win all our remaining games to have any chance of reaching the play-offs. It may be that our poor performances earlier in the campaign will cost us though.

Poor performances led by a poor manager who has cost us another tournament 

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

The games are all winnable, although i'm not sure if that's enough. I still think we're a better side than Slovakia, we just blew it on the night.

Don't really see how losing an away game 3-0 is blowing it more than drawing 1-1 at home to an awful Lithuania side.

12 points from Lithuania and Malta and you're in a strong position to qualify, anything less and you're struggling as Slovakia will take 12 points from those.

We did the job and convincingly, 3 away goals,clean sheet and we moved up a position.  

I went to Wikipedia which had not been updated yet but that was getting to confusing, just checked someone has it up to date now. Everything went as expected, the late goal from Slovakia had my heart racing to get to end but, we still play them and as to England.  

Excellent win.

The making of a good wee and young side. Lots to be encouraged by tonight - clean sheet, good link up play although a bit too slack/missed passes e.g that chance in the first half that a better side would have finished.

Broony again shows why is he a valued member of the squad. Tierney was solid again, Robertson absolutely brilliant, Mulgrew had a decent game and even Berra played well.

Took our foot off the gas a bit in the second half, but an excellent win. A shame we dropped pts to Lithuania at Hampden, but let's see how things look on Monday night, and we may well still be in this.

The Slovak winner is a disappointing, but they are only 2pts behind England now ; so fingers crossed that will be enough of a motivation for England to beat them at Wembley ; and if we get by Malta - I'll take 1-0 now - then it sets it up quite nicely for two very exciting matches against Slovakia in Glasgow and Slovenia.

If anything though, and we do miss out again ; we surely, surely! Have the makings of a decent wee side who might, fingers crossed, might, hopefully get to the 2020 Euros!

Edited by weekevie04

1 hour ago, Langtonian said:

Excellent performance,especially the first half.First time ever be hoping for an England win against Slovakia..Anything other than that our chances are surely gone with Slovakia still having Malta to play

I may be wrong but if Slovaks draw against England will leave us needing exactly the same as if they lost so as long as the Slovaks don't beat England and we beat Malta then the group is still in our hands ie we win the last two games we'll finish second

Dont know if we will be one of the top 8 second place teams though 

3 hours ago, Langtonian said:

Think the pisser is,why is it until we get to a stage where we need to win games that we play a more pressing,attacking game?

IMO it was the Celtic influence tonight. 6 Celtic players (actually 7 when you consider WGS selected Phillips to take the role of Sinclair) playing their 4-2-3-1 high-pressing game. Worked well.