Scotland v Lithuan - match report - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Lithuan - match report

romanticscot

We are winning and looking comfortable in attack. Usual frailties at the back and some bad decision making but I dont think we should be worried....this game.

England drawing at HT, if it ends that way thats of course good because the press will batter them and on Monday they will be fired up - BUT end a draw, surely not.

So does Brown pick up an intentional yellow later? I say yes.

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

We are winning and looking comfortable in attack. Usual frailties at the back and some bad decision making but I dont think we should be worried....this game.

England drawing at HT, if it ends that way thats of course good because the press will batter them and on Monday they will be fired up - BUT end a draw, surely not.

So does Brown pick up an intentional yellow later? I say yes.

Brown not picking up a booking in the second half sums up the naivety of Scottish footballers at European and international level. If that was Italy, Germany, France etc and their key combative player was one booking away from a suspension, with a home game against Malta to come, you can guarantee they'd have picked up a yellow for something. Brown had a good opportunity around 90 mins when he was going to take a free kick near the halfway line Why not mess about for long enough for the ref to book you for time wasting?

Wait and see, he'll play like a hero in a battling Hampden win over Slovakia but pick up a booking that rules him out of the Slovenia game...

53 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Brown not picking up a booking in the second half sums up the naivety of Scottish footballers at European and international level. If that was Italy, Germany, France etc and their key combative player was one booking away from a suspension, with a home game against Malta to come, you can guarantee they'd have picked up a yellow for something. Brown had a good opportunity around 90 mins when he was going to take a free kick near the halfway line Why not mess about for long enough for the ref to book you for time wasting?

Wait and see, he'll play like a hero in a battling Hampden win over Slovakia but pick up a booking that rules him out of the Slovenia game...

Good post. At the start of the game when the commentator on Sky listed the players who were 1 yellow away from a suspension, that was going through my head (and yours, and no doubt a load of other fans).

Why not Strachan and Broony's?