C mon england - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

C mon england

bonny78

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Really glad they got that injury time winner a year ago now.   C mon eng... Do us a favour on monday.

I won't be cheering them on, if we go out its because we didn't do enough.

We need to win out game, anything else is out of our control.

If we win all 3 then a draw in the England v Slovakia game is ok too, Slovakia win and we are out. What worries me is that England are bang average at best 

4 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

I'll be hoping for an England win - possibly the only time I can recall I have wanted that to happen - but if Slovakia win or get a well-earned draw then fair dues and well done.

Euro Finals in 96 ?

Cops were keeping us updated with goals, as they went in - Until Kluivert scored 

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Slovakia have won 5 on the bounce. If they go for a win at Wembley they'll be top. Fair play to them, but I doubt they'll win on Monday.

I agree. I don't think they will get anything tomorrow. Some people on here so to think they are superb. We were shocking against them over there and I thought they looked there for the taking at the back. 

Hopefully it's all to play for when they come to Hampden.

I have been looking at scenarios where we can still qualify if we finish on 18 points. Mainly because I don't we are good enough and we don't have the mental strength to win 4 games in a row. In reality I am fairly sure it wont even go as far as the Slovenia game. As soon as the draw was made I thought that Slovakia would be far too god for us. I have seen nothing to change that opinion. I actually thought that they might win the group. They got off to a bad start losing to late goals against England and Slovenia but since then they have shown what they can do, winning 5 games in a row. They might not win at Wembley tonight but if they don't, they will do enough when they come to Hampden to secure 2nd place. They will be too good for us IMO. We have improved over the campaign but I think it will be the mental strength thing that lets us down in the crucial games again.

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

If they win at Wembley they deserve to go through... a bit like Ireland winning in Germany.

We didn't win in Germany but It's all about getting the points whether they're against the best teams in the group or your direct rivals.