Slovakia - October 5th - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia - October 5th

Toepoke

25 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

40k? Steady on, party boy. Next you'll be doing cock helicopters and talking about a sellout.

So our biggest game for 10 years isnae worthy of 40,000?  Stay on the cock helicopter, whit ever that means :ok:

In further good news, I've just realised that Milan Skriniar is suspended against us. He's started the last six games for Slovakia, either as Centre Half of just in front of the defence, which is where he played for them against us in Trnava. He is at Inter Milan, so that can only help us.

Edited by RabtheBruce

Seems a sure-fire 1-0 match this to me. It will be very tight providing we can shore things up at the back. They seem pretty well-organised at the back so it may take a set piece to open them up.

The way things are poised in the group now it is interesting to what their mindset will be? We know what we must do - win. Slovakia though are in more of a quandary. A couple of days ago I was sure they'd be cagey and settle for the draw but they cannot afford to do that as Slovenia may upset the apple cart and get a result against England. Highly unlikely I know but still enough of a reason to perhaps force them to be more ambitious on the attack.

I think we will line-up with a side pretty close to what we have seen in the last couple of games aside from McArthur who may be replaced by Darren Fletcher. Time will tell though and can't see us making too many changes to a winning side.

18 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Slovakia though are in more of a quandary. A couple of days ago I was sure they'd be cagey and settle for the draw but they cannot afford to do that as Slovenia may upset the apple cart and get a result against England. Highly unlikely I know but still enough of a reason to perhaps force them to be more ambitious on the attack.

Slovakia will be coming here to win, 19 points is currently looking dodgy to finish in the play-offs.

8 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Called SFA to get tickets for a mate & his son, girl saying the ticket sales are going really well - looking at stadium plan, our section of the West Stand is already sold out - early days but i'd like to think we will sell the old stadium out

Aye we got a batch of West Stand tickets yesterday morning, went back to get more last night and the only availability was in the East.

Looks like a few sections haven't gone on sale yet mind you.

Edited by Toepoke

Hadn't realised the public sale had started, just spotted it by chance last night.

Surprised they haven't been pushing it while the buzz is still there from the weekend results.

Having said that, you shouldn't need to push this game. Would be disappointing if it didn't sell out.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Hadn't realised the public sale had started, just spotted it by chance last night.

Surprised they haven't been pushing it while the buzz is still there from the weekend results.

Having said that, you shouldn't need to push this game. Would be disappointing if it didn't sell out.

We must be selling out games like this one - we certainly used to all the time (vital must win games obviously)

Just now, glasgow jock said:

We must be selling out games like this one - we certainly used to all the time (vital must win games obviously)

I suppose Slovakia aren't the most glamorous of opponents, but it's an important game that should supersede that.

Perhaps some folk need an important game and "glamour" opposition to get them out the house.

45 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I suppose Slovakia aren't the most glamorous of opponents, but it's an important game that should supersede that.

Perhaps some folk need an important game and "glamour" opposition to get them out the house.

Those type of folk are probably waiting for the play off against Italy. Let's face it, we all know that, in the unlikely event of us getting a play off place, we are going to get Italy. I'm pretty sure that part of the "draw" has already been done.

It will be an absolute disgrace if this game isn't a sell out (or pretty close to it anyway as Slovakia won't bring many). 

If the game is marketed properly then it should sell out. The SFA are shite at marketing to be fair but I still think there will be a massive crowd. Thursday night isn't as bad as Sunday or Monday which will help.

Looking forward to this. The performances vs Slovenia, England and Lithuania have given me a bit of positivity (however that was tempered a bit by the Malta match) and hope that we can pull off the near impossible and get 2nd place after a horror start. 

Slovakia are a good side but with a big crowd, a positive line-up and a bit of luck, we can turn them over. 

Come on Scotland!!