Regan on twitter - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Regan on twitter

macy37

I see Regan commenting and defending as a good thing.  Why we've allowed ourselves to believe CEOs can only speak via spokespeople or marketing is beyond me.

P&B is an opinion forming Scottish forum on twitter.  It's high time there was more real engagement between these groups.  We're a smallish country, one of the advantages is shorter lines of communication and accountability.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/09/2017 at 8:47 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

Don't think it was much of a spat. Guess he's got to defend the ticket prices, he tried but can't say many would agree with him.

Div's original tweet wasn't addressed to Stewart Regan though, it wasn't even addressed to the SFA, in fact it wasn't addressed to anyone - but Regan felt the need to weigh in and respond. Like a blowhard in a pub overhearing a conversation at an adjacent table.  

On 05/09/2017 at 10:37 AM, Parklife said:

To be fair, Div McDonald just made himself look thick. It wasn't £36 a ticket last night,as he claimed. 

Div was able to tweet a photie of his ticket, complete with price. Which meant Regan had to then clarify the full pricing policy including season tickets - which didn't come across well on twitter.

DI6T5lXWAAAqOKm.jpg

1 minute ago, Goozay said:

Div's original tweet wasn't addressed to Stewart Regan though, it wasn't even addressed to the SFA, in fact it wasn't addressed to anyone - but Regan felt the need to weigh in and respond. Like a blowhard in a pub overhearing a conversation at an adjacent table.  

Div was able to tweet a photie of his ticket, complete with price. Which meant Regan had to then clarify the full pricing policy including season tickets - which didn't come across well on twitter.

DI6T5lXWAAAqOKm.jpg

Yeah but it wasn't £36 a ticket for the Malta match. So a tweet saying "£36 a ticket gets the attendance it deserves" is completely incorrect. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah but it wasn't £36 a ticket for the Malta match. So a tweet saying "£36 a ticket gets the attendance it deserves" is completely incorrect. 

And yet Div's ticket clearly says £36.00

The fact that cheaper tickets were also available for that particular game  misses the wider point that the SFA pricing policy overall simply isn't competitive. Too much ill will has been created by the SFA so more and more folk have been staying away from games.

Overall, its not an enticing package - the England game (did it even sell out?) was massively inflated which meant that if you did buy the season ticket for the North Stand then Monday night's games skinned you £36.

We haven't qualified for donkeys, games are rarely on Saturdays - if anything SFA should be paying folk to turn up and watch us play Malta on a Monday night.

Regan should be spending his time working out how to get more punters into these matches (alongside halting the general decline of the Scottish game) - not snapping at one of the guys who has actually shelled out for a season ticket in order to correct a debatable factual inaccuracy.

31 minutes ago, Goozay said:

DI6T5lXWAAAqOKm.jpg

I think there is a world of difference between having a private conversation in a pub vs making public statements on twitter that are false and misleading.

13 minutes ago, Goozay said:

The fact that cheaper tickets were also available for that particular game  misses the wider point that the SFA pricing policy overall simply isn't competitive. Too much ill will has been created by the SFA so more and more folk have been staying away from games.

Overall, its not an enticing package - the England game (did it even sell out?) was massively inflated which meant that if you did buy the season ticket for the North Stand then Monday night's games skinned you £36.

We haven't qualified for donkeys, games are rarely on Saturdays - if anything SFA should be paying folk to turn up and watch us play Malta on a Monday night.

Regan should be spending his time working out how to get more punters into these matches (alongside halting the general decline of the Scottish game) - not snapping at one of the guys who has actually shelled out for a season ticket in order to correct a debatable factual inaccuracy.

The Season tickets and the emptiness of the stadium are different issues in my opinion and don't affect each other.

The SFA have already decided there are X number of mug punters who'll pay over the odds up front for a season ticket.

The cost of the ST will never affect the emptiness or otherwise of the stadium.  It's the walkup punter that fulfills that.  £20 a ticket is good value.  They got the pricing right on this occasion.

Poor value for those who bought a ST, granted.  Always was the case well before Monday.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

Isn't that what Twitter is for? 

He's a knob but I wouldn't criticise him for the exchange I seen. 

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

Yes, because when it came to printing the tickets, they averaged the cost over the 5 games. Probably just for ease. Tickets for Monday's game did not cost £36. 

No, Monday's game didn't skin people £36. A 5 game package cost them £180. This included Monday's game, as well as the England game, (for which general sale tickets were priced at £60.)

not snapping at one of the guys who has actually shelled out for a season ticket in order to correct a debatable factual inaccuracy.

It's not debatable. Tickets for Monday's game were not £36. It was impossible to buy a single ticket for Monday's game for £36 because no tickets were sold for £36. I'm unsure why you and Div seem unable to understand this. 

Not debatable at all. Your issue seems to be that the SFA didn't reflect the different prices of the games on the tickets when it came to printing. A bizarre complaint. 

Edited by Parklife

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Isn't that what Twitter is for? 

He's a knob but I wouldn't criticise him for the exchange I seen. 

Regan's the CEO of the SFA.

Div's a paying punter - a season ticket holder. Div complains about the pricing of Scotland home games and the lack of folk at games to no one in particular.

Regan weighs in - rather than thinking "why is a season ticket holder unhappy and feeling undervalued?"

You might not want to critisize Regan for that, but I'm happy too.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yes, because when it came to printing the tickets, they averaged the cost over the 5 games. Probably just for ease. Tickets for Monday's game did not cost £36. 

No, Monday's game didn't skin people £36. A 5 game package cost them £180. This included Monday's game, as well as the England game, for which tickets were priced at £60. 

It's not debatable. Tickets for Monday's game were not £36. It was impossible to buy a single ticket for Monday's game for £36 because no tickets were sold for £36. I'm unsure why you and Div seem unable to understand this. 

Not debatable at all. Your issue seems to be that the SFA didn't reflect the different prices of the games on the tickets when it came to printing. A bizarre complaint. 

It's not debatable at all - yet here we are debating it. You've said yerself the 5 matches cost £180. According to my calculator that works out at £36 a match. And that's a package meant to reward supporters to committing to games up front?

My issue is Regan!  Note my signature!

Regan didn't reflect on what a punter was saying or take into consideration that no home game sold out this campaign, including a Saturday fixture against England, plus the fact that season tickets sales are down compared to the previous campaign.

A CEO shouldn't be publicly chastising a paying punter who complains that the pricing structure isn't competitive enough to entice other folk to go the game. 

Guest MorayCupMan

The div MacDonald guy has come across pretty daft in that tweet. 

He would have had his season ticket for over a year now and woulda known..

I mean it's hardly going to increase crowds if a Muppet like that is going to tweet half of the facts in the pricing of his ticket.

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

It's not debatable at all - yet here we are debating it.

I could say the sky is red, someone correcting me doesn't mean the issues is debatable. 

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

You've said yerself the 5 matches cost £180. According to my calculator that works out at £36 a match. And that's a package meant to reward supporters to committing to games up front?

Yup, the 5 match package cost £180. It AVERAGES at £36 a match. That does not mean that "every match costs £36". Pretty simple concept for Div and yourself to grasp.

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

My issue is Regan!  Note my signature! 

I think he's a walloper and that the pricing structure is all wrong. There's plenty reasons and ways to correctly have a go at him. There's no need to use misinformation to do so. 

There were also season tickets on sale for £125. The fact div chose the more expensive ticket and then makes a complaint about the fact is attention seeking and stupid. 

I think the north stand should be charged £75 per game and the rest of us can pay a tenner. North stand punters will be happy, because it gives them something to moan about on twitter and everywhere else. And everybody else will be happy too.

Also England looked sold out to me...or close enough. So I do t think there's a valid argument point there either.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I could say the sky is red, someone correcting me doesn't mean the issues is debatable. 

When the sun sets, the sky has been known to turn red... 

Yup, the 5 match package cost £180. It AVERAGES at £36 a match. That does not mean that "every match costs £36". Pretty simple concept for Div and yourself to grasp.

This sounds like a debate to me.

I'm aware that different matches were priced differently and that the average price per ticket was £36 - I've already shown that I've grasped that simple concept.  

I think he's a walloper and that the pricing structure is all wrong. There's plenty reasons and ways to correctly have a go at him. There's no need to use misinformation to do so. 

Div didn't have a go at Regan, Regan responded to Div's tweet. And whether Div used "misinformation" is ... debatable. 

The pricing structure is indeed wrong and Div raised the issue. The fact that he simplified his argument (this is twitter after all) by quoting the price on his ticket is significantly missing the point - something you and Regan have in common. 

10 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

There were also season tickets on sale for £125. The fact div chose the more expensive ticket and then makes a complaint about the fact is attention seeking and stupid. 

I think the north stand should be charged £75 per game and the rest of us can pay a tenner. North stand punters will be happy, because it gives them something to moan about on twitter and everywhere else. And everybody else will be happy too.

Also England looked sold out to me...or close enough. So I do t think there's a valid argument point there either.

Great, let's critice fellow fans rather than the CEO who is actually accountable. Attendances at Scotland Hone Games aren't in a healthy state my friend.

IIRC  my England tic was 42, Malta was 20, Slovakia is 30 , Lith and Slovenia were 30 each as well I think, for the west stand. 152 quid  in total plus all the add ons for each purchase.  

i think the season ticket for here was 125 quid,? making Malta effectively free...

work out individual price for where he was sitting and u will see the value  of the  Malta Ticket.

The CEO shouldn't be getting into a twitter spat with anyone,  he should have someone do that on the SFA behalf is thats what is needed

Edited by stocky

4 minutes ago, Goozay said:

The pricing structure is indeed wrong and Div raised the issue. The fact that he simplified his argument (this is twitter after all) by quoting the price on his ticket is significantly missing the point - something you and Regan have in common. 

He said " £36 a ticket on a Monday night vs Malta gets exactly what it deserves".

It was not £36 a ticket. He was wrong. Stone cold wrong. He didn't make a point about the pricing structure in general, he made an incorrect point about a 1 off match. By doing so he ruined the chance to have a sensible discussion about the pricing structure.

Anyway, i'm bored now.

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Ironically, the "£36" ticket section was the busiest in the ground.  It was the cheap tickets that didn't shift. 

That's true. I suspect that's where the majority of the season tickets are for, which is likely the reason.

Poor PR and marketing is more of a factor in mondays attendance than price.

Although as far as making it even cheaper or giving tickets away, the SFA are boxed into a corner slightly with the season ticket. Had Slovakia ended up a dead rubber, you'd be really struggling to convince anyone it was worth paying upwards of £30 for.

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He said " £36 a ticket on a Monday night vs Malta gets exactly what it deserves".

It was not £36 a ticket. He was wrong. Stone cold wrong. He didn't make a point about the pricing structure in general, he made an incorrect point about a 1 off match. By doing so he ruined the chance to have a sensible discussion about the pricing structure.

Anyway, i'm bored now.

Focus on what Regan is and isn't saying.

You'll be less bored and more relevant.

1 hour ago, Goozay said:

Focus on what Regan is and isn't saying.

You'll be less bored and more relevant.

Maybe you should do that too. Rather than arguing that tickets were £36 on Monday. 

As I said on another thread you could say that the season ticket also cost say 4 quid a game of your sc fee so puts it to an average of £40 a game.

I'd still call each games cost as £36 to be honest. If a season ticket for a club is £500 for 20 games I don't argue that the games v Ross County are cheaper as they're pish and the games v Hearts are more expensive because they are less pish.

50 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I'd still call each games cost as £36 to be honest. If a season ticket for a club is £500 for 20 games I don't argue that the games v Ross County are cheaper as they're pish and the games v Hearts are more expensive because they are less pish.

Oooft, careful! Parklife will be after you!

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

"if you did buy the season ticket for the North Stand then Monday night's games skinned you £36."

Man, you really are bored aren't you? That's an example of the price being DEBATABLE.

On one side of the DEBATE you have the answers to these questions "What was the price on the ticket that featured in the photo?" and "How much was the season ticket in the most popular section of the ground and how many games does that cover?"

On the other side of the DEBATE you've got the answers to these questions "What was the cheapest walk-up price for Monday's game?" and  "How much is the cheapest season ticket?"

Anyway, the point is that the ticket prices for the North Stand are another example of the SFA doing their utmost to cream maximum coin from the fans. The SFA have shown less and less fan centered approach and Monday night's twitter performance from Regan showed that he'd rather have a pop at a paying fan than reflect on why both attendances AND season ticket sales are falling. Poor show and not an isolated incident.

Looking forward to Parklife cutting another excerpt from my post in order to debate a point, that according to him, isn't debatable...