Regan on twitter - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Regan on twitter

macy37

The sfa are in cloud cookoo land when valuing their product.  Don't buy the season tickets anymore, just pick and choose my games.  Over the last ten years they have got progressively worse... firstly moving form £20 a year to £40 a campaign to ensure if we have a pish they don't lose money, then the season tickets so that if have a pish start you have paid for your seat.  I'd have more respect for them if they just priced each game at a reasonable cost.  For the first time in 25 years considering whether to bother renewing... inhave enough of their pish tshirts already.  The only advantage I have ever had is guaranteed home tickets (not a massive problem anymore) and a decent chance of a tournament ticket (we never qualify anymore),

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Goozay said:

When the sun sets, the sky has been known to turn red... 

This sounds like a debate to me.

I'm aware that different matches were priced

Great, let's critice fellow fans rather than the CEO who is actually accountable. Attendances at Scotland Hone Games aren't in a healthy state my friend.

I will criticise fellow fans when they are in the wrong. 

Like ive made clear, I think the pricing structure for the national team is fine. It's lower than last campaign, reflects supporter feedback and is in line (or below) pricing of similar things in the market.

Attendances are terrible, but like I said it's got nothing to do with the pricing of the Malta game. 

Football fans are a strange breed be it club or national.

For years there was a campaign for season tickets by ATAC supported by many fans.  I think the season tickets are a good idea and makes sense financially.  Now they are getting slagged.

The ticket prices are battling against UEFA week of football and supply v demand depending on success on the park.  The SFA need to make profits to fund youth coaching, street football, regional schools and fund all the unders and national teams.

Div was on sportsound the other night and it was pretty clear the 1500 RT's was what he was after, not the real facts behind the prices.

48 minutes ago, Alan said:

Football fans are a strange breed be it club or national.

For years there was a campaign for season tickets by ATAC supported by many fans.  I think the season tickets are a good idea and makes sense financially.  Now they are getting slagged.

The ticket prices are battling against UEFA week of football and supply v demand depending on success on the park.  The SFA need to make profits to fund youth coaching, street football, regional schools and fund all the unders and national teams.

Div was on sportsound the other night and it was pretty clear the 1500 RT's was what he was after, not the real facts behind the prices.

It's a good point about the "week of football" pish. 

A Monday night is not a good time for a game considering the travelling restrictions of folk and their work and family commitments. This will always impact on attendance. 

Add to that the fact that a game against a team like Malta is highly unlikely to be entertaining as a spectacle because of their style. 

You wonder how much pricing impacted on attendance over these factors. 

On 05/09/2017 at 10:37 AM, Parklife said:

24 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's a good point about the "week of football" pish. 

A Monday night is not a good time for a game considering the travelling restrictions of folk and their work and family commitments. This will always impact on attendance. 

Add to that the fact that a game against a team like Malta is highly unlikely to be entertaining as a spectacle because of their style. 

You wonder how much pricing impacted on attendance over these factors. 

Since tickets were £20 or £25 for an adult, I'd say pricing made no difference for this particular game. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Since tickets were £20 or £25 for an adult, I'd say pricing made no difference for this particular game. 

You might be right Parky but it's difficult to be sure because of all of the other factors. 

I think the only way the ground would have been close to full is to decide before the games start to give a load of tickets away to a game like that. 

They must know the public sale will be a waste of time. 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

People have probably assumed it was over priced based on recent history. So it's a PR/marketing issue. The fact we haven't qualified in 20 years and haven't come close in 10 has also lead to a bit of apathy to anything but the glamour games.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You might be right Parky but it's difficult to be sure because of all of the other factors. 

I think the only way the ground would have been close to full is to decide before the games start to give a load of tickets away to a game like that. 

They must know the public sale will be a waste of time. 

Yeah. If i were in charge of the SFA i'd have got in touch with the parents of every junior SSC member in advance and offered a free junior ticket. Minimal cost and would've encouraged a parent to take their child along. 

I'd also have got in touch with the SYFA and asked them to assist in getting free kids tickets to boys clubs. 

The above might've only got an extra 5k on the gate but it'd have been worth while. 

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. If i were in charge of the SFA i'd have got in touch with the parents of every junior SSC member in advance and offered a free junior ticket. Minimal cost and would've encouraged a parent to take their child along. 

I'd also have got in touch with the SYFA and asked them to assist in getting free kids tickets to boys clubs. 

The above might've only got an extra 5k on the gate but it'd have been worth while. 

That 5k would have at least been noisy. 

The SYFA used to regularly contact the clubs about offers on tickets etc. Mind you I've not been coaching for about 6 years or so, so things might have changed. 

St Mirren regularly give away tickets to local schools, so it's not that difficult. 

11 minutes ago, Alan said:

Under 16's are free at Firhill for 5 years are so.  Doesn't mean people are filling the ground. Free doesn't mean seats filled.

Free tickets for U16s is definitely a good thing especially for club that don't fill the ground.  If you get more kids through the gates then they spend more money on cokes, burgers, etc and they generally come with at least one adult who of course will have to pay full whack.  That in itself isn't enough though, all the other things have to be right as well.