Regan on twitter - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Regan on twitter

macy37

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regan's right in what he is pointing out - but missing the bigger picture.

A full stadium should be a measure of success for him.

Unfortunately they box themselves into a corner by wanting guaranteed sales from season tickets up front. That limits their ability to have any sort of reasonable dynamic pricing strategy as the campaign evolves. 

I'd rather they dropped their pants on the pricing or just gave away 25,000 kids tickets last night but they're too restricted because they know they'll upset season ticket holders. Malta was always going to be a struggle but there's absolutely no excuse for the opening games of the last 2 campaigns not being sold out (Georgia at Ibrox, Lithuania at Hampden). 

2 hours ago, northernscum said:

How dare Div MacDonald try to undermine the absolute authority of our supreme leader. :mad:

To be fair, Div McDonald just made himself look thick. It wasn't £36 a ticket last night,as he claimed. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

To be fair, Div McDonald just made himself look thick. It wasn't £36 a ticket last night,as he claimed. 

No but Reagan is talking pish. It was £20 on the night but an average of £36 for ST holders. Which ticket was over £52 on the night to make it fair to ST buyers? 

Not having a go at you Parklife but the SFA have utterly fecked up the SSC and unless we qualify for the finals the next membership renewal is going to shrink considerably. 

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No but Reagan is talking pish. It was £20 on the night but an average of £36 for ST holders. Which ticket was over £52 on the night to make it fair to ST buyers? 

Eh? The Season Ticket buyers also got the England game for £36 (north & south stands), when IIRC the non-member price for £60 (someone can correct me if i'm wrong there, i can't mind). The issue seems to be that the SFA have printed all season ticket tickets with the average price, rather than reflecting the fact that certain games are dearer than others. 

Div McDonald knows this, if he doesn't, then he should do some research before mouthing off. The tickets are, in general, more expensive than they should be but idiots like him spouting misinformation undermine genuine complaints about this. 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No way should a CEO of the SFA be getting into Trump like spats on Twitter with fans.

This. 

Ticket prices have been inflated for what we're getting for years now. Pricing should be reflective of the quality of product - as it is with everything else. That said, the next game against Slovakia will be packed. They should have given away free tickets to clubs / schools to get more people in the stadium - cost would have been minimal and additional pie sales would have given the SFA some dosh. 

1 minute ago, McDange said:

This. 

Ticket prices have been inflated for what we're getting for years now. Pricing should be reflective of the quality of product - as it is with everything else. That said, the next game against Slovakia will be packed. They should have given away free tickets to clubs / schools to get more people in the stadium - cost would have been minimal and additional pie sales would have given the SFA some dosh. 

Cheapest tickets last night were £20 for adults and £5 for kids. Season ticket holders got them for £17. I'm not sure how much lower they could go. You'd struggle to see a Scottish Championship game for less than that. 

If people genuinely can't afford £20 to go and see a football match then fair enough but I don't really believe that was the true reason for such a small crowd last night.

Most people don't think we have a chance of a playoff and probably didn't fancy watching us huff and puff our way to a 2-0 victory against a very poor team on a wet Monday night.

I personally think the pricing problem is with the bigger games. £60 to watch England was too much but people paid it.

A couple of campaigns ago, last night's game would have been £25-£35, as would the England game.

The SFA listened to our moans and changed their pricing structure so that the games against the lesser teams were cheaper and some folk still don't turn up to them.

Pricing for last nights game was good, however theres so many reasons that fans didnt turn up.

The SFA have fcked up pricing for years, and slowly fans have drifted away. Added with a series of poor results, general ridiculing of our game by those in charge, a dislike of ginger twat, negative football, Monday night game, etc etc.

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Pricing for last nights game was good, however theres so many reasons that fans didnt turn up.

The SFA have fcked up pricing for years, and slowly fans have drifted away. Added with a series of poor results, general ridiculing of our game by those in charge, a dislike of ginger twat, negative football, Monday night game, etc etc.

You forgot the hole that is Hampden Park.

42 minutes ago, Alan said:

Does anyone know the profit margin of a pie? It seems 1000 extra pies will outweigh free tickets to all and sundry.

Depends who holds the contract. If it's anything like Easter Road then it doesn't matter if they sell 1 pie or a million pies Hibs only receive £X-amount agreed in the contract

Edited by DoonTheSlope

I think the season ticket scheme hampers doing anything.   I can't grasp why anyone would buy the ST unless you were so uptight about getting an England ticket.

The "discount" on the England ticket is nonsense.  Should never be £60 in the first place.

As an aside, I don't think the game was marketed very well.  Counter intuitively, not everyone that goes to Scotland games are football mad.  Remember there used to be adverts in Safeway,  TV etc.  Old school - doesn't seem to happen now.