Phillips - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Phillips

er yir macaroon

He had a decent couple of games especially in vilnius and i personally think he could do a job through the middle if we ever needed him to do.Big,strong and quick on his day which defenders wont like one bit.

21 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Does Philips normally play on the right?

If so, play Fraser on the left and put Philips on the left instead of Forrest. Forrest seems to get into good positions then hasn't got a clue what to do.

A lot depends on players club form between now and Slovakia game. Snodgrass will have to be playing out of his skin to come back into contention.

Not convinced by McArthur, would start Brown, Armstrong and Morrison.

Yes. WBA normally play McLean or Brunt, possibly even Chadli, down the left although Brunt was moved back to LB for fair bit of last season but they have Gibbs there now. 

Of course if Phillips keeps the RW spot on WBA then it probably keeps Burke out of the starting 11.

I actually think the majority of our wide players are much of a muchness. Some, Snodgrass and Ritchie, have great delivery but not as much pace, others, Forrest, Phillips, Fraser, are far quicker but possibly don't have the delivery of the first two. No one wide player of ours stands out in form over the last year or so.

On 06/09/2017 at 1:27 PM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Yes. WBA normally play McLean or Brunt, possibly even Chadli, down the left although Brunt was moved back to LB for fair bit of last season but they have Gibbs there now. 

Of course if Phillips keeps the RW spot on WBA then it probably keeps Burke out of the starting 11.

I actually think the majority of our wide players are much of a muchness. Some, Snodgrass and Ritchie, have great delivery but not as much pace, others, Forrest, Phillips, Fraser, are far quicker but possibly don't have the delivery of the first two. No one wide player of ours stands out in form over the last year or so.

I'm not normally keen on inverted wingers but with Robertson in the team, there's a case for one on the left, in which case Phillips or  McKay would be my choice with Forrest, Fraser or Burke as a conventional winger on the right.

Edited by er yir macaroon