Murrayfield - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Murrayfield

Maybe a handy thread to start off, I don't have much experience of the place, so what's the script?

Parking easily available?

Plenty boozers around?

Ill be driving with the bairn with us, get him in somewhere easily enough?

Think were north stand, behind the goals?

Is it actually any good for football?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going a'naw. Stayed 10 mins from Murrayfield all my life but never been to a sporting event there. 

Quite looking forward to it!

Regarding parking, pubs etc mind Murrayfield is only a quarter of a mile from Tynie so all the normal streets, pubs you'd normally use will still be your best bet ??

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe a handy thread to start off, I don't have much experience of the place, so what's the script?

Parking easily available?

Plenty boozers around?

Ill be driving with the bairn with us, get him in somewhere easily enough?

Think were north stand, behind the goals?

Is it actually any good for football?

Could park at the airport if you don't know the streets that well and get the tram to the game mate, or the bus.

Guest BlueGaz
32 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Park at the airport?

:shocked:

Youd be cheaper getting a taxi down from Aberdeen.

:lol:

£3.20 on tram (return) from the free car park n ride to Murrayfield, for an adult?  Won't bother checking how much a taxi costs from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, but lets just agree its more than the tram :P

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

£3.20 on tram (return) from the free car park n ride to Murrayfield, for an adult?  Won't bother checking how much a taxi costs from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, but lets just agree its more than the tram :P

Depends on how good a runner you are :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

£29 a ticket, Hearts can shove their tickets right up their arse. 

How much do Aberdeen charge? ( Or other Prem clubs ) St Mirren are around £20 for the second tier, so I would have thought £29 would be about right. 

4 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

How much do Aberdeen charge? ( Or other Prem clubs ) St Mirren are around £20 for the second tier, so I would have thought £29 would be about right. 

I could be wrong but I think Aberdeen are charging Category A fans £28 in away end this season. Category B games are £26 for outwith Parkhead is the worst away section in the league.

5 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Rugby Park is £20 for adults for all games outwith the old firm. Old Firm games are £20 and whilst I don't like either side, I'd prefer us to just charge £20 across the board.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rugby Park is £20 for adults for all games outwith the old firm. Old Firm games are £20 and whilst I don't like either side, I'd prefer us to just charge £20 across the board.

Ok cheers, so St Mirren are charging the same for home games in the 2nd tier, so Parkie is indeed correct, shove £29 up their archies. 

£28 a ticket.

Whilst I think that's high, I'm willing to pay it, however completely understand why (Plenty of) others are not.

Looking at the numbers today, I think we'd be taking c.10k (Novelty combined with league position) down (Up for me) had the pricing been sensible.

If possible the cost element needs to be reciprocated (Childish I know) when they travel to AB24. 

It's a novelty playing at Murrayfield which has captured the imagination. Almost 10k away fans is amazing.  Utterly brilliant and something to celebrate.

Always thought we could have some season opener at Hampden like a double header with smaller teams in a real family day to attract fans to games.  Clubs need to go hunting for fans.

Appreciate it's different worlds but the ice hockey in USA play special outdoor games in stadiums which attract 80k+ in freezing temperatures.  Rugby League has their Magic Weekend in Newcastle. Edinburgh v Glasgow get close to 30k at Murrayfield. Just throwing ideas around.

17 hours ago, Parklife said:

£29 a ticket, Hearts can shove their tickets right up their arse. 

Is it £29 for away fans of every club for Hearts games at Murrayfield? 

Totally agree that it's a joke price to watch a game in the SPL.

On 05/09/2017 at 3:41 PM, vanderark14 said:

Drink in the centre and get the tram to the game. There's aLso plenty pubs around.

it won't be great because the place will be less than half full.

Don't bother trying to get on the tram anywhere after York place, it'll be rammed. Better off on the bus if you're drinking in the city centre.

Hampton and Murrayfield hotels immediately across form the ground are good, other than that the usual places near Tynecastle aren't far away or there are a load of buses from the city centre that go right past the ground - 22,30,26,31,12.

Edited by biffer

3 hours ago, Alan said:

It's a novelty playing at Murrayfield which has captured the imagination. Almost 10k away fans is amazing.  Utterly brilliant and something to celebrate.

I believe we had sold around 7,000 up until yesterday.

10,000 was a figure I felt we could manage had the pricing been more sensible.