Murrayfield - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Murrayfield

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

That was one of the reasons i read mate when i heard 30k then 10k.  What was it like for football DD?  not heard anything bad yet.

It's almost as far behind the goal as you are at Hampden, however being elevated more steeply does help give a better view. 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

There'll be Rangers fans in 6 months time calling hearts all sorts for charging them £40. Even if they don't. (They won't)

Par for the course.  :lol:

Put it in my diary to do it, if we are all still here.

Edited by BlueGaz

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's almost as far behind the goal as you are at Hampden, however being elevated more steeply does help give a better view. 

Is a Rugby pitch much longer than a football pitch? We went for the rugby and sat where the aberdeen fans were, back of bottom tier, the "goals" weren't that far away.

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Going by where home fans were sitting on Saturday, unless they move them all again, 25k isn't possible. I doubt murrayfield would have the ability to have separate turnstiles available to let fans into other stands also. 

How did they split it for the segregation DD? was it East and West stands that they used, along the side of the pitch?

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Par for the course.  :lol:

Put it in my diary to do it, if we are all still here.

Wasn't intended to be so Rangers specific, football fans are all quite bad for it.

They were just 2 examples.

The Stewart Regan/Pie & bovril spat is another example of a fallacy becoming fact.

Or the fir park pitch being a mud heap, when it's now arguably the best surface in the league...

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Is a Rugby pitch much longer than a football pitch? We went for the rugby and sat where the aberdeen fans were, back of bottom tier, the "goals" weren't that far away.

I'd estimate that there was 15 yards of grass spare either side of the pitch and probably about 15 yards of grass behind the goal in front of us. 

I'm assuming Hearts have made the playing area the same size as Tynecastle. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

theres a lot of grass space behind the goals at murrayfield. big dead ball area.

Interesting that the match day experience seems to have been ok.  a lot of folk don't like the idea of murrayfield but football games there are generally half capacity - whenever hearts have used it. would be interesting had the SFA ever had the open-mindedness to use it for a hearts v hibs cup semi or final like they should do. I bet the atmosphere would be outstanding.

It can be very quiet at times for the rugby but that's more to do with the crowd I think. when rugby games are going well the atmosphere can be very good.

outside of that the room around the stands and behind the seating for catering etc is far superior to hampden.

I've been for the Rugby and it's a pretty good set up. (I don't even like Rugby, so if it wasn't I'd probably not go back).

Coincidentally, the nearest comparison would be Rugby park, in terms of the turnstiles getting you in to the ground and then the stand just being a stand with the facilities on the outside. Probably quite a low cost way of building a stand?

We've managed to get in and out quickly, the bar queues are usually well managed and all round it's been a pretty pleasant experience.

Ive never been searched, kettled, had a camcorder stuck in my face by a yellow jacket, been herded like an animal...

I

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

There'll be Rangers fans in 6 months time calling hearts all sorts for charging them £40. Even if they don't. (They won't)

Like the Lee Wallace "banner" in Lithuania...

Chinese whispers that become "fact".

The rumour came from the @ns_rsc twitter account.  Seem's it will be £28/30 though.

53 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

How did they split it for the segregation DD? was it East and West stands that they used, along the side of the pitch?

Away stand is the north. 

Hearts had fans in all 3 stands, top and bottom tier apart from top of the south stand, which just had a giant flag and a steward with the easiest shift he'll ever have :lol:

Edit: Nothing to do with football really and I can't remember how football normally is in Edinburgh, but the police seemed to turn a blind eye to a lot of people drinking in the street, as far up as the stadium, just asking people to finish what they had about 20 yards from the turnstiles and to bin all glass, very impressed by that attitude. Felt almost human going to a game, not that it affected me, I was driving :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

56 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Coincidentally, the nearest comparison would be Rugby park, in terms of the turnstiles getting you in to the ground and then the stand just being a stand with the facilities on the outside. Probably quite a low cost way of building a stand?

Aye, building the stands like that enabled us to do the rebuild in something like 9 months, whilst also allowing us to play at RP.

I've been to Scotland Rugby games at RP and they had all the beer tents just as you came through turnstiles.

Apologies if previously mentioned.....

It looked to me like they had moved the pitch as far away from the away fans as they could? 

There was also a lot of room towards the main stand too, where the pitch could have been wider?

This made it look very strange (to me), a bit like looking at an A4 envelope with the stamp (IE Pitch) stuck in the top left hand corner. 

I do wear glasses though, and quite possibly havering shyte. 

In terms of the game. Thank feck for Joe Lewis........

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Away stand is the north. 

Hearts had fans in all 3 stands, top and bottom tier apart from top of the south stand, which just had a giant flag and a steward with the easiest shift he'll ever have :lol:

Edit: Nothing to do with football really and I can't remember how football normally is in Edinburgh, but the police seemed to turn a blind eye to a lot of people drinking in the street, as far up as the stadium, just asking people to finish what they had about 20 yards from the turnstiles and to bin all glass, very impressed by that attitude. Felt almost human going to a game, not that it affected me, I was driving :lol:

really? you would think it would be cheaper just to have say the east stand and the east corners open for home fans. that must hold close to 20k anyway.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Away stand is the north. 

You are allowed to drink in the street in Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, Redz said:

Apologies if previously mentioned.....

It looked to me like they had moved the pitch as far away from the away fans as they could? 

There was also a lot of room towards the main stand too, where the pitch could have been wider?

This made it look very strange (to me), a bit like looking at an A4 envelope with the stamp (IE Pitch) stuck in the top left hand corner. 

I do wear glasses though, and quite possibly havering shyte. 

In terms of the game. Thank feck for Joe Lewis........

I could be wrong but I think the area nearest the main stand is artificial turf so there wasn't much more room than they used on Saturday. Looked a bit like it in the highlights anyway.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-make-bt-murrayfield-pitch-same-width-as-tynecastle-1-4553961

Edited by wee-toon-red
Found a link to back up the post.

There's a running track in front of the West stand that was covered in artificial turf, which was why, among other things, the technical areas were such a weird shape. I've no idea if the pitch was set out to be the same size as Tynecastle, it liooked a bit bigger to me but that may not be the case. Despite being a long way from the pitch (I was in the West Stand) the view was probably better than from most bits of Hampden, and friends in the South stand said much the same.

I hope we don't give Rangers more tickets than were made available to Aberdeen, we should be aiming for it to still seem like a home match. To be honest I doubt those in charge of security and the police would allow it anyway. There was very little if any segregation on Saturday (other than the seating itself) I suspect there will be a bit more when Rangers fans are involved. I'm pretty confident the talk of £40 tickets is the usual shite but if there turns out to be any truth in it I'd have to say it would be outrageous by Hearts.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, JasMc1973 said:

just as big a gap at home end, great turnout from Aberdeen fans, big test will be the tiny crowd vs Saintees...

21427183_323610794709146_611580614269973

I heard StJ fans can purchase a section each, rather than a seat each.  Not sure if true though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Further to discussions on this earlier, Rangers to be offered the same deal as Aberdeen. Batches of tickets of 4,500 up to maximum of 14,500. Beyond that would impact on security and segregation. It would be 'commercial suicide' not to offer them as many tickets as we can.