Allocation - Page 2 - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Mazziessc

This needs to be taken up by the fans and reported in the press.

so someone who was on a point more than me but did not go to Lithuania now has a better chance than me after I have made the effort to go to Lithuania,to apply for a ticket for Slovenia, what is the point of the supporters club.

it should be renamed the SFA cant be arsed looking after the supporters club

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Lawman said:

so someone who was on a point more than me but did not go to Lithuania now has a better chance than me after I have made the effort to go to Lithuania,to apply for a ticket for Slovenia, what is the point of the supporters club.

Don't waste you're time raising any concerns with the ATAC. It's nothing more than an SFA/SSC propaganda machine who won't dare criticise for fear of losing any of their nice wee cushy privileges 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 minute ago, Brummie Hibs said:

So back of a fag packet calculations:

Allocation: 1230

10-8 points: 944

10-7 points: 1525

So, 286 tickets left for 7 pointers (if all 10-8's take theirs). There are 581 seven pointers.

Points Table (Nov 2016)

Correct add in only 1000 7-10 pointers went to Lithuania & you can see how this stinks from the SSC

Just now, Glasgowmancity said:

Correct add in only 1000 7-10 pointers went to Lithuania & you can see how this stinks from the SSC

Exactly, opportunity for those who did not want to show commitment, and I appreciate there will be certain circumstances where people couldn't go, but equally here will be those who didn't go because of performances earlier in the campaign, now we have a sniff of a play off and those people now have the opportunity to get a ticket possibly!

35 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Don't waste you're time raising any concerns with the ATAC. It's nothing more than an SFA/SSC propaganda machine who won't dare criticise for fear of losing any of their nice wee cushy privileges 

I don't agree with it being a waste of time, so I've raised it with them on facebook :ok:

11 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

What cushy privileges do they get?

I wonder what ATAC's stance on this will be?? I doubt they will stick up for the fans though.

49 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Can't say I disagree, it's getting one of these rags to print a piece on it though. 

38 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

So back of a fag packet calculations:

Allocation: 1230

10-8 points: 944

10-7 points: 1525

So, 286 tickets left for 7 pointers (if all 10-8's take theirs). There are 581 seven pointers.

Points Table (Nov 2016)

Sold out very early in the six pointers I think. 

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

I'd hazard a guess that Slovenia are reluctant to give the same allocation out as they could be looking to beat us to qualify for play off's. However unlikely that may be.

On this ocassion you might be right but the SSC's ability to negotiate has been diminished in recent years - Slovakia last year was nowhere near sold out but the SSC were unable to get any extra than was initially offered. Plus as captain said we're getting less than they gave England.

Level of service in general from the SSC has seen a steady decline year-on-year.

Also why not tell us in the email that we got about the ticket sale that the Lithuania point would not be included?

possibly to hide their embarrassment of the decision and hope it is swept under the carpet?

they really do not have a high opinion of the members of the supporters club

How can it take 2 weeks to update the points?

Delete a column with the Poland points in it, and add a"1" into a new column for everyone that went to Lithuania. A few hours work max.  They could even have waited a week before putting them on sale to get it done.

Negotiating is awful as well.  We will all be killing each other and losing the rag trying to get an official ticket - meanwhile the stadium will be half empty like Slovakia. 

27 minutes ago, Goozay said:

On this ocassion you might be right but the SSC's ability to negotiate has been diminished in recent years - Slovakia last year was nowhere near sold out but the SSC were unable to get any extra than was initially offered. Plus as captain said we're getting less than they gave England.

Level of service in general from the SSC has seen a steady decline year-on-year.

I don't dispute the Sfa can do more to get better allocations but Slovenia have a right to play hardball especially if they believe it will be a winner takes it all game.

2 hours ago, arbroath55 said:

Just checked my SSC account and I've got 4 but one of these is Poland which should drop off and be replaced by Lithuania.

So, do I apply as a 3 or 4 ?

If your account shows 4, hen you'll be in the 4 point bracket.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

5 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

They've always claimed to represent their members. Maybe you know different? 

Claiming and doing are two different things, let's just hope they stay true to their word and go to Sfa in the am ?

5 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

A good solution to this would be to put the tickets on sale in two weeks once the Lithuania points have been added and make it 100% pickup in Ljubljana. 

And that would make perfect sense. After all, should we make the playoffs that it the same sort of time frame between Slovenia and that game, are they gonna with old the Slovenia point till after the sale too?

I can't remember this happening before and we must've had similar timescales. Even if they could identify the ones likely to be affected and hold back that many tickets and make them pickup. Or go ahead with the sale and distribution of 10,9 and maybe 8 pointers and make the rest 100% pickup once points have been added.

There needs to be a better solution.