Allocation - Page 11 - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Mazziessc

50 minutes ago, aaid said:

One major problem with that theory - do you think anyone at the SSC is clever enough to think up something like that?

Agree with your dominant premise.

But hear me out - do you seriously believe that the SSC were on the phone this morning to the Slovenian FA this morning begging for more tickets because all these tossers on 8-10 points (myself included) have bought tickets because they weren't expecting the unpreeeecedented demand?

More likely that a deal was struck weeks ago by the SSC stating that we'll guarantee 1230 on the basis that (worst case scenario) we think that is what we'll sell if we cock up v Lithuania/Malta. And if by any chance we don't and (best case scenario) we still have a play-off chance after those games, the demand will be such that we can sell lots more, can we have it written into our agreement that we can have a pre-determined extra allocation?

These extra contractual details don't get agreed over the phone on a Friday morning.

Further evidence required for that? Look at the shambles over adding on the point for Lithuania before ticket sales. They weren't expecting it to be an issue and got caught out.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

No. The SSC took their initial 1230 and said they'd take more. Now that Slovenia are outsiders, we've been offered more and taken them.

However you keep thinking what you want to believe. You almost seem upset that our allocation has been doubled.

On the contrary, I'm absolutely delighted that possibly every SSC member who is travelling will likely be able to get a ticket, particularly those who took a chance on booking flights and accommodation a while ago.

But let's not kid ourselves - this deal was not done this morning - that's my point.

Especially as Slovenia are  not outsiders by any analysis.

15 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

Remember unsold tickets can always be returned. They gave less tickets to England than what we're getting.  They got less than 1800.  

Slovenia need to beat England to have any chance and hope we beat Slovakia.

Not the case - you guarantee to pay for the tickets you take, hence why the SSC tend to go to conservative Ito numbers these days. Which explains my point that it may have been a contractual obligation that saw SSC have an option for more tickets beyond a certain point.

And irrespective of opposition, Slovenia are by no means dead in this group.

Edited by Barney Rubble

2 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

Regardless of how our allocation has come about, can't we just all be happy that we'll once again have a big travelling support, hopefully cheering us on to second place?

Fully agree with you.

Delighted that many more of our fellow fans have the opportunity to be present in Ljubljana, and hope the team can get the win v Slovakia that will make it our most meaningful game since November 2003!!!

10 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not the case - you guarantee to pay for the tickets you take, hence why the SSC tend to go to conservative Ito numbers these days. Which explains my point that it may have been a contractual obligation that saw SSC have an option for more tickets beyond a certain point.

And irrespective of opposition, Slovenia are by no means dead in this group.

"May have been...."

Phew I thought you were ITK and dealing with facts......

10 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

Regardless of how our allocation has come about, can't we just all be happy that we'll once again have a big travelling support, hopefully cheering us on to second place?

Agree, just lets get on with it.

4 minutes ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

People were posting their ticket order numbers on this thread previously (corresponding to ticket sales i believe), failing that you will get an update on the ssc twitter page on Monday.

Just ordered my ticket and I am number 1252.

4 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I presume that means that all 7 pointers would have got a ticket regardless of the new allocation?

J

And all 6 pointers. I was pretty sure there would have been 100+ available today even if the allocation hadn't been increased, was more relaxing not having to get in at bang on 12 though.

Based on what I have seen posted, here`s some statistics and assumptions

Total number of 8-10 pointers = 885 who have bought 787 tickets therefore 88.92% of this group have bought.

Total number of 6 & 7 pointers = 1308 who have bought 448 tickets therefore 34.2 % of this group have bought.

Therefore there are 1130 tickets left for other groups and if I am going to assume that the % uptake will decline as has been demonstrated in the difference between 88.92% and 34.2% from the groups above 

Tomorrow  717 x  5 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 30% will buy = 215 leaving 915

On Monday 928 x 4 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 25% will buy = 232 leaving 683

On Tuesday 1389 x 3 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 20% will buy = 279 leaving 404

On Wednesday 2413 x 2 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 18% will want to buy = 434  = a shortage of 30

All of the above based on assumption and open for discussion

Edited by arbroath55
arithmetic

5 hours ago, arbroath55 said:

Based on what I have seen posted, here`s some statistics and assumptions

Total number of 8-10 pointers = 885 who have bought 787 tickets therefore 88.92% of this group have bought.

Total number of 6 & 7 pointers = 1308 who have bought 448 tickets therefore 34.2 % of this group have bought.

Therefore there are 1130 tickets left for other groups and if I am going to assume that the % uptake will decline as has been demonstrated in the difference between 88.92% and 34.2% from the groups above 

Tomorrow  717 x  5 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 30% will buy = 215 leaving 915

On Monday 928 x 4 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 25% will buy = 232 leaving 683

On Tuesday 1389 x 3 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 20% will buy = 279 leaving 404

On Wednesday 2413 x 2 pointers can purchase and I am going to assume 18% will want to buy = 434  = a shortage of 30

All of the above based on assumption and open for discussion

all i can say is this for someone to sit down and work that out your bloody good all i know is i need a ticker lol