Allocation - Page 3 - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allocation

Mazziessc

9 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

I can't remember this happening before and we must've had similar timescales. Even if they could identify the ones likely to be affected and hold back that many tickets and make them pickup. Or go ahead with the sale and distribution of 10,9 and maybe 8 pointers and make the rest 100% pickup once points have been added.

There needs to be a better solution. 

I know where you're coming from and so do most people on this thread, even the SSC will know that what you've suggested or similar is the correct way to deal with this. 

When you get right down to the bottom line it is just too much hassle for them. They don't care one bit about the fans. As long folk are willing to part with their hard earned then they will keep shafting us left, right and centre. They will get their couple of days all expenses trips away every few weeks and dish out a few random selection tickets as a token gesture to try and justify there roles, yet one in particular could really do with going to a finishing school her attitude is that bad.

The fact that this was not mentioned on the initial announcement email speaks volumes

It wouldn't have happened in Marjorie Nimmo's day

The last few years they have gone from being a club which valued its members to almost being a dictatorship, what they say goes and you shall not express any negative opinion or they'll revoke your membership

These threads are a common occurrence on here now and at the end of the day it's about time we all accepted that it will never change. We can either keep paying extortionate membership fees, tickets etc or we can choose not to fund this fraud of an organisation 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

I can't remember this happening before and we must've had similar timescales. Even if they could identify the ones likely to be affected and hold back that many tickets and make them pickup. Or go ahead with the sale and distribution of 10,9 and maybe 8 pointers and make the rest 100% pickup once points have been added.

There needs to be a better solution. 

Picking up 1230 tickets should be easy but as DTS says it's too much hassle for them. 

Delay the sale to say Monday and get their house in order first before having the usual 10% or so pick up is the only real solution. 

Saying it takes two weeks I just can't buy. A week is more than enough time.

Cant see any home end potential yet (no ticket links online), hopefully that will change in the near future. They havent sold out their ground in the entire campaign, so I live in hope. Expect them to lose at Wembley, so provided we win against Slovakia (or scoreline reversal :()  every potential of scoring a ticket over there if forced to play the waiting game.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I know where you're coming from and so do most people on this thread, even the SSC will know that what you've suggested or similar is the correct way to deal with this. 

When you get right down to the bottom line it is just too much hassle for them. They don't care one bit about the fans. As long folk are willing to part with their hard earned then they will keep shafting us left, right and centre. They will get their couple of days all expenses trips away every few weeks and dish out a few random selection tickets as a token gesture to try and justify there roles, yet one in particular could really do with going to a finishing school her attitude is that bad.

The fact that this was not mentioned on the initial announcement email speaks volumes

It wouldn't have happened in Marjorie Nimmo's day

The last few years they have gone from being a club which valued its members to almost being a dictatorship, what they say goes and you shall not express any negative opinion or they'll revoke your membership

These threads are a common occurrence on here now and at the end of the day it's about time we all accepted that it will never change. We can either keep paying extortionate membership fees, tickets etc or we can choose not to fund this fraud of an organisation 

In Marjory Nimmo's day the STC had a lot fewer members so that analogy does not really apply. Given the increase in numbers of staff and new (?) technology there is still no excuse for this truly appalling level of service.

Am interested in getting in on the ATAC gig you mentioned earlier if there are cushy privileges involved. Can you give me some details?

5 minutes ago, Flure said:

Are you a member of SSC?

Here's what you signed up to:-

"55. Points will not become active until two (2) weeks after the Away Match has taken place and, as a result, will not be considered for any other Away Match within this period. "

https://tickets.scottishfa.co.uk/assets/html/assets/Terms & Conditions.pdf

aye, exactly, and there's more than five (5) weeks between Lithie away and Slovenia away matches, so plenty time to update everyone's points & sell the away tickets in good time

1 minute ago, Spicey said:

aye, exactly, and there's more than five (5) weeks between Lithie away and Slovenia away matches, so plenty time to update everyone's points & sell the away tickets in good time

True.

But according to the rules, the t&cs that we all accepted when we joined up...."Points will not become active until two (2) weeks after the Away Match has taken place"

8 minutes ago, Flure said:

Are you a member of SSC?

Here's what you signed up to:-

"55. Points will not become active until two (2) weeks after the Away Match has taken place and, as a result, will not be considered for any other Away Match within this period. "

https://tickets.scottishfa.co.uk/assets/html/assets/Terms & Conditions.pdf

Well that settles that.

Points do not become active until 15th September, by which time the tickets will be sold and likely posted out. Makes a bit more sense now.

J

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

I don't agree. It reads it takes two weeks to add and won't be considered for any match "within this period" the Slovenia game isn't within this period. It's actually three weeks after. Therefore wait till 15th and sell the tickets. Plenty of time.

Take it up with the people who wrote "Points will not become active until two (2) weeks after the Away Match has taken place"

11 minutes ago, Flure said:

Take it up with the people who wrote "Points will not become active until two (2) weeks after the Away Match has taken place"

There wouldn't be reason to if they hadn't followed that up with "will not be considered for any other away match within this period" Which clearly the Slovenia game ain't.

Edited by Mazziessc

13 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

The consideration for the Away match in clause 55 refers to any subsequent sales period. (Starting at 12:30 tomorrow). That's how I read it. Not the game in question itself.

I presume that's exactly how it is interpereted in SSC towers.

J

Yes, and they've added the sub-clause (of the sentence) only for emphasis.

13 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

The consideration for the Away match in clause 55 refers to any subsequent sales period. (Starting at 12:30 tomorrow). That's how I read it. Not the game in question itself.

I presume that's exactly how it is interpereted in SSC towers.

J

It doesn't mention sales period. It specifically says 'away match'. This would be sensible if we had an away double header where you wouldn't get the point from the first game to apply for the second game. That is not unreasonable.

We have away games pretty much every September and October, at least over the last 3 years and this hasn't came up before. Why now?

9 minutes ago, Ta Ta said:

We have away games pretty much every September and October, at least over the last 3 years and this hasn't came up before. Why now?

I'm pretty sure that in 2014 the Poland tickets went on sale a few days after the Germany game. There didn't seem to be any issue back then 

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I'm pretty sure that in 2014 the Poland tickets went on sale a few days after the Germany game. There didn't seem to be any issue back then 

Just checked back my emails and found this. Received on September 9th 2014 only 2 days after the Germany game 

f6641cd1-8e7d-4275-a8a0-7aed05b80157.jpg

TICKET ALERT....

Euro Qualifier
Poland v Scotland

The National Stadium, Warsaw
Tuesday 14 October 2014
kick-off 20:45 (local time)

• Germany v Scotland away match point activated.
  • Wales v Scotland (March 2012) point de-activated
  • Tickets on sale to members with 4 to 10 points at 12 noon tomorrow (Wednesday 10 September).

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Just checked back my emails and found this. Received on September 9th 2014 only 2 days after the Germany game 

f6641cd1-8e7d-4275-a8a0-7aed05b80157.jpg

TICKET ALERT....

Euro Qualifier
Poland v Scotland

The National Stadium, Warsaw
Tuesday 14 October 2014
kick-off 20:45 (local time)

• Germany v Scotland away match point activated.
  • Wales v Scotland (March 2012) point de-activated
  • Tickets on sale to members with 4 to 10 points at 12 noon tomorrow (Wednesday 10 September).

Well, well, well.

6 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Phoned them there, they will add them in two weeks apparently. Your Lithuania point is not and wont be valid for Slovenia.

Fekin erseholes. 

6 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Yeah, just had a reply on twitter, not going to argue with them but pointed out it was disappointing that they are changing their own rules for potentially our biggest away game in years.

Thats ridiculous, can they not see how utterly stupid that is.

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

Thats ridiculous, can they not see how utterly stupid that is.

Clearly they can, but as they don't give a toss about their members they will just let it happen.

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

I've know this to happen with double header away games like Wales & Belgium but this situation is completely unacceptable. 

I'm sure it happened last year at some point, France game and another if memory serves but like Belgium/Wales the gap was short. Not like the 5 weeks between Lithuania/Slovenia. As someone else pointed out they haven't even had to update this since after Wembley. It's just nonsense.