Gonna miss this place - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gonna miss this place

bonny78

Gonna miss this place.

Many happy times posting on this community… back in the good old days of England-R-Gay.. changed to E.R.G. after the ban (secret code).  All the names since then.  Just think.. a hearts  player had scored roughly the time I joined and that hasn’t happened till now.     Message boards are dying and being replaced by dam facebook groups that have way too many people and are usually untrollable, what we have here is family.     Sad days and we won’t even get a chance to talk about our play off games plus who we get in the draw on the 1st December!   

Scotland forever. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck me, just read the news!

Gutted, I'm probably on the TAMB daily. Been a member since 2003 when I went to my first ever Scotland game in Dortmund.

Does this really mean that I have to use Tartan Army McBoatface for all my Scotland news and discussions?

Pish.

Just thinking aloud here, but could one of our teams have a Scotland section on their message boards. Not wanting to blow our own trumpet, but Hibs.net is one of the oldest and biggest non OF message board.

seems a real shame to lose this community.

Sad Times.

Sad times. 

I'm not a fan of the Facebook pages, I much prefer getting my flights/travel/pubs advice from here. Such a shame. Where else can I argue about politics and stuff semi anonymously? Not on Facebook that's for sure. 

9 minutes ago, shaddypeekey said:

Sad times. 

I'm not a fan of the Facebook pages, I much prefer getting my flights/travel/pubs advice from here. Such a shame. Where else can I argue about politics and stuff semi anonymously? Not on Facebook that's for sure. 

Aye

Gutted only joined the tamb about 3 years ago and there was always some topic or other that was worth a read but I have noticed how the board hasn't anywhere near as many posts in recent months as used to be. many thanks for the info and tips that was always useful for away trips 

44 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

:(

Pishy news.

I refuse to get a Facebook account.

Ah well Pie & Bovril from now on I guess...

This

Not facebooker 

Although stopped posting regularly after giving up with SSC popped in every day for a read.I,ll miss it

27 minutes ago, Ezzy said:

Sad news!

It certainly is Ezzy.I,m another one whos been on here since you had the board under many guises 

Not a regular poster but been a member for a number of years and try to view the tamb daily. Very sad news and a end of a era 

I know nothing about running a webpage but I take it a slimmed down version couldn't be created perhaps with only forums for ta specific, home and away games ?

Sad news indeed. Im not on Facebook because their T and C's do not line up with my values. Ive been in this site over a decade and visit weekly and daily during game season. First IMDB and now this, im fed up of the internet. Not sure what Pie and Bovril is, will need to check it out. Or make my own site, Facebook is killing online communities like this. Its a shame the money concerns were not communicated, I personally would commit 10 quid a month and Im sure many others would also.

A few weeks ago (was it?) we discovered from a poster that new registrations to the board had not been approved for six months plus or something like that. That was a real bad sign and I said so at the time saying we will try to view the tamb one day and it will just be gone....

About a day or two later I coincidentally had this weird internet problem where I could not connect to the TAMB - site not found or some pish - like a fool I managed to convince myself for about a day that that was the end and they had jacked it.

Finally after a day I decided to connect via a VPN and lo and behold the tamb was still there. Problem solved itself after a day or two. 

But during that little spell I did realize that I did not know how much it was worth until it was gone. Seeing this for real is very sad.

...you are gonna miss it.

Sad to see the demise of the board, I visit almost daily during my lunch break at work to see what the chat is over the various threads. Something comforting and old school in the message board format in the social media world but had been expecting this for a while.

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Just thinking aloud here, but could one of our teams have a Scotland section on their message boards. Not wanting to blow our own trumpet, but Hibs.net is one of the oldest and biggest non OF message board.

seems a real shame to lose this community.

Sad Times.

Killiefc.com has a Scotland section and has been about for just under 20 years IIRC.