Tambs for the memories - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

5 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

So many dead TAMBers... Jeezo.

On reflection - with the amount of members and number of years the probability was always there.

What about Spider ? His photo uploader was invaluable 14 years ago

Did he pass away too ? I dont recall there being a specific thread if he did.

Just some throw away comments months after he supposedly left us

4 hours ago, Lamia said:

Those t-shirts raised a load of money and did a lot of good but if it makes you feel superior to mock, crack on....

Lighten the fuk up! We are talking about a t-shirt 15 years ago.

I'm sure the money raised was well used...I personally wouldn't go out to a game with my internet username on a t-shirt B)

4 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I'm sure the money raised was well used...I personally wouldn't go out to a game with my internet username on a t-shirt B)

That's because we'd all whip you with the sleeves of our old tops! 

1 minute ago, iainmac1 said:

I personally wouldn't go out to a game with my internet username on a t-shirt B)

I've still got an excel spreadhsheet somewhere with all the orders for those tshirts - with loads of people who were quite happy to admit who they were, cos they weren't bawbags...

3 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Yeah and 15 years on we still have TASA - without those t-shirts I very much doubt we would have. So just because it was 15 years ago doesn't make them less of a thing....

3 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

I've still got an excel spreadhsheet somewhere with all the orders for those tshirts - with loads of people who were quite happy to admit who they were, cos they weren't bawbags...

Only the cool kids went out in internet t-shirts...got ya

First batch were handed out in the pub before the Nigeria friendly in Aberdeen. When was that 2000? 2001?

1 minute ago, iainmac1 said:

Only the cool kids went out in internet t-shirts...got ya

Nope, that's not what I said. I said you were a bawbag. :) How do you do that wavy hand smiley thing, I've forgotten...

Love it. Still got mine somewhere. Ally Macabre and Thermopylae....:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

Nope, that's not what I said. I said you were a bawbag. :) How do you do that wavy hand smiley thing, I've forgotten...

And people wonder why so many people left this board...

The superior attitude of certain posters is a reason I have often herad from past users.

Just now, iainmac1 said:

And people wonder why so many people left this board...

The superior attitude of certain posters is a reason I have often herad from past users.

Hey, I left. You're still here. Do the math(s)...

26 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

On reflection - with the amount of members and number of years the probability was always there.

:

There was good old Battlebus Commander too. He was such a nice guy and I will be forever grateful for the hotel room he arranged for us in Bydgoszcz

Edited by Lamia

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

We referred to them as the TAMB elite Iain :lol:

:lol: That was exactly what one of my mates said when he heard the board was closing. That it was full of guys who thought they were elite so he quit the board years ago.

I am on 0 points and haven't been to an away game since England in 2013, Belgium 2012 before that. I am the opposite of an elite these days, whatever we call them!

Doesn't get much more elite than refusing to wear a tshirt with your name on it and not going to games.

0 is the new 10.