Tambs for the memories - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

5 hours ago, chaff said:

It's fitting that it ends on my birthday. 

You were missed. Thought I'd wake up banned this morning so just decided to take the opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your posts over the years Chaff. Was sad to see you chuck it. (Will be sad to see the board chuck it.)

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

You were missed. Thought I'd wake up banned this morning so just decided to take the opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your posts over the years Chaff. Was sad to see you chuck it. (Will be sad to see the board chuck it.)

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

You were missed. Thought I'd wake up banned this morning so just decided to take the opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your posts over the years Chaff. Was sad to see you chuck it. (Will be sad to see the board chuck 

1 hour ago, phart said:

I'm just glad Chaff posted again, as his previous last post was arguing with me, and i'd feel bad if that was the last one.

Thanks guys,  I hadn't been to an away game for 2 years when I chucked it and the whole thing was pissing me off,  it seems daft looking back about getting annoyed at a message board but it was a big part of being in the ta and we were all pretty much committed.  I'm sad to hear of and now witness it's demise.  

As nelly furtado once sang, 

Flames to dust
Lovers to friends
Why do all good things come to an end

14 minutes ago, chaff said:

Thanks guys,  I hadn't been to an away game for 2 years when I chucked it and the whole thing was pissing me off,  it seems daft looking back about getting annoyed at a message board but it was a big part of being in the ta and we were all pretty much committed.  I'm sad to hear of and now witness it's demise.  

As nelly furtado once sang, 

Flames to dust
Lovers to friends
Why do all good things come to an end

Or to our delight

And with surprise

Like a phoenix once more the TAMB will rise ?

:)

13 hours ago, chaff said:

Just seen my profile and got pms and warnings from mods,  looks like I've not been here for 7 years. 

I think you left fairly soon after I joined. I don't think those two were linked? Enjoy your birthday when it comes.:ok: You must be up to about 4000 by now?

I'm been on this board since 2001.  Lived in various locations, got married, now 2 kids etc.  A proper grown up. 

It's a shame its going but I can see why people are not going on as much.   It's become less welcoming and more insular.  The 2 big schisms are the Referendum 2014 and the Rangers liquidation.  Both events that  really polarised opinion, created tribes and many people were unable to let go.  It's turned into a clique where if you do not follow the party line then you are not part of the gang.  Another theme would be the "Tartan Army" itself.  It's turned into a parody of itself where people are more into the party and travel with limited care about the football stuck in the 1990's and very male, pale and stale.  Look at the threads on here.  Look at the crowds at the games, the obsession with English football, watching tv and not going to domestic club games.  The Gibraltar 7000 celebrating mediocrity.  If clubs can continue message boards but a national team can't then it is a worry for the interest in the team as a whole.  We need a big kick up the arse.

Stumbling onto the Ezzy board in 2001 I was in the States and a bit homesick.  The banter I found top notch and it made me laugh a lot.  Lots of different people on here including many I have had disagreements with have made my crack up.  I hope he is well as is Mirza and others.

"Highlights" for me would be

The "new board".  I just could not understand the obsession with the mods that some people were consumed by.  I was equally baffled and fascinated by the massive noise it called.

calmac man telling people to take it easy before the game v Italy in 2007.  Cue loads of abuse from people who were uncomfortable looking at their own relationship with drink "don't tell me what to do" etc.  Interesting snapshot of Scottish culture.  <Am I the only one who hears Michael Jackson performing The Earth Song at The Brits in the 1990's when he posts?>

khraigh and the first time I saw a crossover from virtual world to real world.  Never has a poster talked such shite that was lapped up by people and then boom he is "dead".  Cue a nephew on the board asking to give a bible to a person he has never met and we went full "Diana mode".  I'm sitting there reading the nonsense thinking "wtf is it with people?".  Then some investigation work, a parachute jump by a Hibs fan and the house of cards collapses.  Genuinely fascinating, cringeworthy and hilarious.

Balloch Thistle having his taxi drive away after being a pest on a night out, Reeky Sporran and "Mr Scotland", Rossy shitting it when finally challenged in the real world.  Jimbers stories including the bus station girl.  Lars from The Faroes.  Buckfast Warrior talking mince 24/7.  All these people who I have never met.  Could be part of the matrix for all I know.  The occasional moments of seriousness and care when people would talk about serious issues but on the other hand feeling very uncomfortable with the encouragement of pistonbroke by loads when he had serious issues.

Lots of good travel tips.

But the best.  The ultimate.  The unbeatable.  Mani giving out free tickets in a chip shop story.

44 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

What happened to that boy from York who used to post? Can't remember his username but me and @Parklife met him in London after the Brazil friendly.

Oh aye,, Forgot about that. Can't mind his name at all. 

8 hours ago, Alan said:

Balloch Thistle having his taxi drive away after being a pest on a night out, Reeky Sporran and "Mr Scotland", Rossy shitting it when finally challenged in the real world.  Jimbers stories including the bus station girl.  Lars from The Faroes.  Buckfast Warrior talking mince 24/7.  All these people who I have never met.  Could be part of the matrix for all I know.  The occasional moments of seriousness and care when people would talk about serious issues but on the other hand feeling very uncomfortable with the encouragement of pistonbroke by loads when he had serious issues.

But the best.  The ultimate.  The unbeatable.  Mani giving out free tickets in a chip shop story.

hahahahaha, spot on!

9 hours ago, Alan said:

I'm been on this board since 2001.  Lived in various locations, got married, now 2 kids etc.  A proper grown up. 

It's a shame its going but I can see why people are not going on as much.   It's become less welcoming and more insular.  The 2 big schisms are the Referendum 2014 and the Rangers liquidation.  Both events that  really polarised opinion, created tribes and many people were unable to let go.  It's turned into a clique where if you do not follow the party line then you are not part of the gang.  Another theme would be the "Tartan Army" itself.  It's turned into a parody of itself where people are more into the party and travel with limited care about the football stuck in the 1990's and very male, pale and stale.  Look at the threads on here.  Look at the crowds at the games, the obsession with English football, watching tv and not going to domestic club games.  The Gibraltar 7000 celebrating mediocrity.  If clubs can continue message boards but a national team can't then it is a worry for the interest in the team as a whole.  We need a big kick up the arse.

Stumbling onto the Ezzy board in 2001 I was in the States and a bit homesick.  The banter I found top notch and it made me laugh a lot.  Lots of different people on here including many I have had disagreements with have made my crack up.  I hope he is well as is Mirza and others.

"Highlights" for me would be

The "new board".  I just could not understand the obsession with the mods that some people were consumed by.  I was equally baffled and fascinated by the massive noise it called.

calmac man telling people to take it easy before the game v Italy in 2007.  Cue loads of abuse from people who were uncomfortable looking at their own relationship with drink "don't tell me what to do" etc.  Interesting snapshot of Scottish culture.  <Am I the only one who hears Michael Jackson performing The Earth Song at The Brits in the 1990's when he posts?>

khraigh and the first time I saw a crossover from virtual world to real world.  Never has a poster talked such shite that was lapped up by people and then boom he is "dead".  Cue a nephew on the board asking to give a bible to a person he has never met and we went full "Diana mode".  I'm sitting there reading the nonsense thinking "wtf is it with people?".  Then some investigation work, a parachute jump by a Hibs fan and the house of cards collapses.  Genuinely fascinating, cringeworthy and hilarious.

Good post Allan nail on head 

On 10/09/2017 at 11:16 PM, G-Man said:

She's gone from a cat to a scary green lass overnight so I think it's great she recognises herself from a few years ago. 

(Sshh Orraloon don't upset the shape shifter she's mental. Photo with Mick NC and one question, when was last time anyone heard from him?) 

How you doing missus?  Heard a rumour your coming to Slovenia Gaynor?  You booked cos as far as I know Ed hasn't yet, you travelling with Lord and Lady?  We bumped into Mick NC at Hampden at the England? game, not changed a bit!  Hi Mindi, Gaynor and us usually try and meet up some odd Saturday , you should join us for a cocktail or two or I'll bump into you sometime when we're out up your way with my young sis and family (mind you they're 21 and 18 now and should be taking us out ?)  your lass probably knows them xx  ?

On 10/09/2017 at 1:00 PM, G-Man said:

Hello ya tall skinny lurker. :hug:

10/10 that is definitely you and I'm relieved my memory is not as sheite as I thought. 

Sadly, skinny no more  :hug: ??? xx

On 9/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, calmac_man said:

I think we both like to look for answers, but would it be fair to say you're more likely to infer conspiracy, or at least ulterior motives, and I'm more likely to infer cock-up

That's right. 9/11 and the JFK assassination were 'cock-ups'.

On 9/19/2017 at 4:03 PM, fringo said:

Or to our delight

And with surprise

Like a phoenix once more the TAMB will rise ?

:)

...um...

6 hours ago, Jimmy`s Lassie said:

How you doing missus?  Heard a rumour your coming to Slovenia Gaynor?  You booked cos as far as I know Ed hasn't yet, you travelling with Lord and Lady?  We bumped into Mick NC at Hampden at the England? game, not changed a bit!  Hi Mindi, Gaynor and us usually try and meet up some odd Saturday , you should join us for a cocktail or two or I'll bump into you sometime when we're out up your way with my young sis and family (mind you they're 21 and 18 now and should be taking us out ?)  your lass probably knows them xx  ?

Yes I'm booked for Slovenia or rather Flure Travels have arranged everything. Copenhagen for a night then Llubjuana (which I've just realised I don't know how to spell.) for 2 nights. Looking forward to seeing you both. :hug::cheers3::cheers3:

9 hours ago, Jimmy`s Lassie said:

Just tell me when and I'll try to be there x

15 hours ago, G-Man said:

Yes I'm booked for Slovenia or rather Flure Travels have arranged everything. Copenhagen for a night then Llubjuana (which I've just realised I don't know how to spell.) for 2 nights. Looking forward to seeing you both. :hug::cheers3::cheers3:

Mary-doll ------- see ya there batman..

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

Mary-doll ------- see ya there batman..

You're the only reason I'm going!  :wub:

But I think we should persuade Mark to join us, force him to drink cheap whisky and then sell his good clothes. We can pick Julie up on way to Stobo and have a few nights in the cashmere suite.  :cheers3: