Tambs for the memories - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

Anyone mind the TA Specific thread regarding the aborted take-off (or something like that?) that the Scotland team had on a flight to one of our games? 

The thread was started and owed by Saltire Lover. One minute he was saying how people shouldn't be dismissing it and how dangerous it could've been, then a few posts later was asking if Burley had been piloting the plane! Had me laughing for ages :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Anyone mind the TA Specific thread regarding the aborted take-off (or something like that?) that the Scotland team had on a flight to one of our games? 

The thread was started and owed by Saltire Lover. One minute he was saying how people shouldn't be dismissing it and how dangerous it could've been, then a few posts later was asking if Burley had been piloting the plane! Had me laughing for ages :lol: 

Saltire Lover was good - a more imaginative version of bonnie 78.

5 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Much like everyone knows phart and thplinth are the same person, I always assumed Jimber and Faddy & Fletch were the same. Both English Scotland fans living in England and Tims. Never see either of them about here any more, they probably left at the same time too....

Nah - I've met both Jimbers and Faddy & Fletch and they are definitely two different people.

1 hour ago, jenblueeyes said:

Nah - I've met both Jimbers and Faddy & Fletch and they are definitely two different people.

Ok, a joke doesn't really work when you have to explain to multiple people. I was just playing on the fact that they were both Scotland supporting English people from England who seemed to have a wee bit of a thing for Celtic!

Yes, my humour will obviously be missed by many!!

Today is the last real day of the TAMB.

This period, post-announcement but pre-plug-pulling, will be weird shit. Now, just a few hours after the announcement, is as close to old TAMB as it will get. Every minute, day after this it will get weirder and weirder until D-day. Probably get pulled before that due to the building madness and lawlessness... 

This the last day on the TAMB, the last day it woke up alive and the first day it went to bed dead.

So thanks to the mods and admins - you were the best.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Today is the last real day of the TAMB.

This period, post-announcement but pre-plug-pulling, will be weird shit. Now, just a few hours after the announcement, is as close to old TAMB as it will get. Every minute, day after this it will get weirder and weirder until D-day. Probably get pulled before that due to the building madness and lawlessness... 

This the last day on the TAMB, the last day it woke up alive and the first day it went to bed dead.

So thanks to the mods and admins - you were the best.

I'll miss your way with words, Plinthy. :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Ok, a joke doesn't really work when you have to explain to multiple people. I was just playing on the fact that they were both Scotland supporting English people from England who seemed to have a wee bit of a thing for Celtic!

Yes, my humour will obviously be missed by many!!

I will miss you Mick. For a Tim, and a Fifer, youre not too bad...

51 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Saltire Lover. What was the scandal with him? Did he not shite himself in Amsterdam for the 3-0 after eating a brownie or am I thinking of someone else?

I remember there was a thread about with people sharing their experiences of shiting themselves ???

My mistake it was from pie and bovril

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/79768-shitting-stories/

Cant remember what Saltire Lover wrote on here but remember I used to like reading his posts

9 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

My mistake it was from pie and bovril

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/79768-shitting-stories/

Cant remember what Saltire Lover wrote on here but remember I used to like reading his posts

We had a turds you'd love to shit thread, where thplinth shat this huge log into his hand and posted it on here under that thread title. Now i think on that maybe change my vote for favourite poster.

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

My favourite and still most cherished moment was the Kemal Karic Appeal in 2002 which later led to the birth of TASA.

So much good and so many things to be proud of which wouldn't have come about had the TAMB not been about.

Everyone involved in that and the subsequent TASA deserve to be proud of themselves, it was and still is a great achievement. :)