Who was your favourite TAMB poster? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was your favourite TAMB poster?

Too many to chose just one :(.

Andriemack - One of the most handsome big buggers I've ever met.

Parklife - A greetin' faced wee shit but a loveable one at that.

GlasgowManCity - A source of permanent confusion for me.  I just don't get it.

Phart - All round good guy.  Genuinely saddened to not have met him.

SaltireLover - Comedy Gold and a source of multiple suspensions for me.

TartanJon - Great guy!  Shite gambler.

CoveSheep - No bad for a sheep.

CoveJnr (Can't remember his actual username) - Lovely fella.  We had lunch recently, it was all romantic.

I've probably missed a few but those are the ones that jump out at me.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The poachers got him. All that's left of him is a fine set of chess pieces.

Interesting... as I believe I accused you two of being the same poster (files that under 'case closed').

Edited by thplinth

I only had one interaction with Elephant man ( a decade ago) where we were arguing about the length of the Patriot Act (the TAMB in all it's glory) and he was trying to say it wasn't that long and still insisted it wasn't when it took me two posts cause of character limit just to post the contents pages. I bailed on paying attention to them after that.

My favourite poster is thplinth. So many folk thought we were the same person. Which made a special sort of weirdness we shared. The actual truth is we've never conversed outside the TAMB, I don't know his real name or anything.

29 minutes ago, phart said:

My favourite poster is thplinth. So many folk thought we were the same person. Which made a special sort of weirdness we shared. The actual truth is we've never conversed outside the TAMB, I don't know his real name or anything.

All true. We don't know each other at all. Yet I agree with what you post and read all your posts. Really enjoyed our interactions on here phart. I doubt it will take us long to work out who we are on zombie TAMB. 

edit: joking aside you have posted a massive amount of interesting stuff on this website and been a really enjoyable poster phart. my favourite for sure. (along with kernie.)

Edited by thplinth

31 minutes ago, phart said:

I only had one interaction with Elephant man ( a decade ago) where we were arguing about the length of the Patriot Act (the TAMB in all it's glory) and he was trying to say it wasn't that long and still insisted it wasn't when it took me two posts cause of character limit just to post the contents pages. I bailed on paying attention to them after that.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

All true. We don't know each other at all. Yet I agree with what you post and read all your posts. Really enjoyed our interactions on here phart. I doubt it will take us long to work out who we are on zombie TAMB. 

I admire the fact that you "guys" are still keeping up the pretence that there's more than one person.

(only joking). :P:lol:

Just now, fringo said:

I admire the fact that you "guys" are still keeping up the pretence that there's more than one person.

(only joking). :P:lol:

Posters like Colonel actually "investigated" if we were the same person. As i say there must have been some projecting going on with the multiple usernames. I also never got banned by the mods in my 14 years here either.

In fact i might be the best behaved poster on here if we go by posts per ban. :D

5 minutes ago, phart said:

Ironically two of my other favourite posters of all time are Calmac and Jim Fairlie. Who didn't get along too well lol

Understatement of the day there phart ???

plenty cracking posters & a lot I now consider friends & have conversed with over various subjects & life events.

scunnered, Stewart the Aberdeen fans user name was stewart_aberdeen ??

7 minutes ago, phart said:

Posters like Colonel actually "investigated" if we were the same person. As i say there must have been some projecting going on with the multiple usernames. I also never got banned by the mods in my 14 years here either.

In fact i might be the best behaved poster on here if we go by posts per ban. :D

:lol:

To be honest i think every regular/semi-regular poster has given me at least a laugh at some point. Even if we haven't interacted that much.

I think it was a poster called "Mazz" who had me laughing like mad when she posted "FREE THE BIG GINGER RIDE" when we were trying to get Jam unbanned. I was in hysterics just the timing in the thread etc, never really interacted but that sticks out as one of the best TAMB comments for me.

10 minutes ago, phart said:

To be honest i think every regular/semi-regular poster has given me at least a laugh at some point. Even if we haven't interacted that much.

I think it was a poster called "Mazz" who had me laughing like mad when she posted "FREE THE BIG GINGER RIDE" when we were trying to get Jam unbanned. I was in hysterics just the timing in the thread etc, never really interacted but that sticks out as one of the best TAMB comments for me.

I first heard about the Sunshine Appeal on here and it was Mazz (and Mick North Croy) with whom I attended my first presentation in Paris.

http://www.tasunshineappeal.co.uk/past-projects/2007-2/france-2007/

2 minutes ago, Flure said:

I first heard about the Sunshine Appeal on here and it was Mazz (and Mick North Croy) with whom I attended my first presentation in Paris.

http://www.tasunshineappeal.co.uk/past-projects/2007-2/france-2007/

About 2 months ago i went back and read all the TASA reports, it's a truly remarkable charity. That comment is hard to beat for me, but TASA might just do it :)

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

That's brilliant. :ok:

Jings.

I've just realised.

11 September 2007.

The day before the "Faddy" game. Which itself was on the first anniversary of my 50th birthday.

Monday will see me having been involved with the Sunshine Appeal for 10 years.

My goodness, but how time flies.