Who was your favourite TAMB poster? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was your favourite TAMB poster?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Of the posters i haven't met and real life and are not still around, I think some of my favourite departed posters are the ones i used to argue with the most. 

Ek_Celt was the most infuriating guy. Was so blinkered and would never be able to see anything from a non-celtic side. Made for some fun arguments though.

Like him or loathe him EK celt certainly wasn't shy at contributing and stimulating debate. You couldn't actually debate with him because he was so blinkered it was unreal. His online suicide was a bit of a drawn out affair. It appeared he wanted to jump, but needed to be pushed.

1 hour ago, Charlie Endell said:

Oh, and Flure :blush: .

And Fairbairn. Not forgetting Saorsa, Fatman, tartanquine007, Flora...

Exactly, that's the problem with threads like this - especially in the current circumstances when it could be the last chance to spread the love (until a rescue plan is cobbled together and we all end up chronically embarrassed).

I somehow forgot to mention Flure, and chaff. Thplinth's enviable command of imagery and brant's sheer brilliance. Also, while I hated the way wibble chose suicide-by-mod, pistonbroke did me a huge favour once when a nephew of mine was writing a paper on English football hooliganism and PB wrote the lad a memoir of his days on the front line (my own memories being very much 4th division and back-of-the-terrace) - such 'original research' helped the kid to a top grade.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Charlie Endell is my fave poster on here.

Knows a good boozer, likes his nags and like myself, lives in Glasgow and doesn't support the old filth.

Aye, he was some man. Actually sad writing that as he's still with us but he's a poor soul.

We had a few mutual friends, one being Gary Holt. I could tell you umpteen stories about him int he players lounge at Norwich, Killie and Forest fully kilted up!

See if it wasn't for one being a Tory & one being SNP, I'd be asking questions :lol: 

Aye, he was some man. Actually sad writing that as he's still with us but he's a poor soul.

We had a few mutual friends, one being Gary Holt. I could tell you umpteen stories about him int he players lounge at Norwich, Killie and Forest fully kilted up!

And Colin's stint house-watching for the said Holt. And the swimming pool incident.

Aye Charlie endell funny and witty guy on here flure the plinth for his acerbic oratory on here do like parkie and deecie was once funny but kind of burnt oot now , on a slightly serious note flure if the tamb does close will this affect the sunshine appeal as I have bought merchandise on here from your good self  

1 minute ago, wheres the pies said:

Aye Charlie endell funny and witty guy on here flure the plinth for his acerbic oratory on here do like parkie and deecie was once funny but kind of burnt oot now , on a slightly serious note flure if the tamb does close will this affect the sunshine appeal as I have bought merchandise on here from your good self  

I don't think so.

We've got our own website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts.

Brant and Jam were a good double act before Jam got banned and Brant went solo. The amount of people who have continued to take him seriously over the years still has me amazed.

The original and best GlasgowRedz also had a way with words, wind ups and insulting people, the other versions were all just poor tribute acts trying to cash in on the fan base IMO. Like Atomic Kitten. 

Outside the winder uppers, I don't think I have ever seen PoolQ post anything but common sense and level headed opinions on practically every subject he has contributed to over the years. Some feat considering some of the mince thats been on here in that time period.

Have actually met some of my best mates via TAMB - Cowdengelly, Halkirk (who I always thought was from Falkirk and had just spelled it wrong) and the great Italian lads Mauro and Mario (Padua branch).

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

I have only been reading this board a short time compared to most on here so dont have knowledge of older posters. It is hard for me to choose a favourite as there are so many folk I like. There are very  few I dislike, and even then I would give them the benefit of the doubt as online people can be very different from the real world. 

However , my overall favourite has to be thplinth. He makes me laugh with his craziness and how he goes off at tangents, all within the one post. Canny believe people thought he and Phart were the same person unless they were meaning in a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde kinda way. And that is meant with the greatest respect to both of them.

Phart and Donny astound me with their knowledge, they are way too clever for a mere mortal like myself.  

And of course my fellow female posters who make me feel part of their team, and not some kind of freak being on a mainly male dominated board. G Man really makes me laugh, perhaps there could be a Tamb blind date between her and thplinth ?

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have only been reading this board a short time compared to most on here so dont have knowledge of older posters. It is hard for me to choose a favourite as there are so many folk I like. There are very  few I dislike, and even then I would give them the benefit of the doubt as online people can be very different from the real world. 

However , my overall favourite has to be thplinth. He makes me laugh with his craziness and how he goes off at tangents, all within the one post. Canny believe people thought he and Phart were the same person unless they were meaning in a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde kinda way. And that is meant with the greatest respect to both of them.

Phart and Donny astound me with their knowledge, they are way too clever for a mere mortal like myself.  

And of course my fellow female posters who make me feel part of their team, and not some kind of freak being on a mainly male dominated board. G Man really makes me laugh, perhaps there could be a Tamb blind date between her and thplinth ?

Exactly I just don't have thplinth's way with words, I couldn't even begin to impersonate it.

You obviously didn't experience the younger phart who was much more of an intolerant f@nny than the current incarnation.

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Brant and Jam were a good double act before Jam got banned and Brant went solo. The amount of people who have continued to take him seriously over the years still has me amazed.

The original and best GlasgowRedz also had a way with words, wind ups and insulting people, the other versions were all just poor tribute acts trying to cash in on the fan base IMO. Like Atomic Kitten. 

Outside the winder uppers, I don't think I have ever seen PoolQ post anything but common sense and level headed opinions on practically every subject he has contributed to over the years. Some feat considering some of the mince thats been on here in that time period.

Have actually met some of my best mates via TAMB - Cowdengelly, Halkirk (who I always thought was from Falkirk and had just spelled it wrong) and the great Italian lads Mauro and Mario (Padua branch).

Jam was funny - I was trying to remember his name, and just struck me minute ago - certainly not PC with the gay jokes

26 minutes ago, phart said:

Exactly I just don't have thplinth's way with words, I couldn't even begin to impersonate it.

You obviously didn't experience the younger phart who was much more of an intolerant f@nny than the current incarnation.

I got a bit of an insight into the younger you on the 'T in the Park ' thread when you said you got hit over the head with a metal pole or something by a bampot  ?

I am no sure if it was supposed to be funny but it was so out of character I found it hilarious. Maybe that knock has made you the intelligent man you are ?

17 hours ago, G-Man said:

He was my first tamb crush.

I liked ek's pictures too. 

The main time posters pis*ed me off is when they changed their wee pictures (earlier tamb board) and I'd be totally confused reading a normally sensible posters drunken rant. I suppose it taught me to look at names. 

I'll  miss this place, who else will keep me company when it takes me 4 hours to get home from Edinburgh? I'm sure that's where my friendship with Fringo started?  That's another odd thing about the tamb, sometimes if I'm repeating something on here to someone not on here I'll say "I was talking to Fringo/Mindi/Orra" for instance  as thought I actually know these people as it's easier than explaining the tamb to people. 

:) It kept me well entertained too.

20 hours ago, Ormond said:

I miss Fermer. For ages and ages I was convinced it was big Ron at the wind up until I came across Fermer on pusbook and realised he was a real guy. :lol:

I miss Fermer too. Funniest conversations I had on here were with him. The tried to 'woo 'me with a hoover, twice ?, he was steamin. He thought I was some woman he had met on a trip.

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I miss Fermer too. Funniest conversations I had on here were with him. The tried to 'woo 'me with a hoover, twice ?, he was steamin. He thought I was some woman he had met on a trip.

I'll not be coming for the TAMB swally noo hen. I've booked up to fly home for the Slovakia game next month instead.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I'll not be coming for the TAMB swally noo hen. I've booked up to fly home for the Slovakia game next month instead.

Awe, thats almost as sad as the board closing down . Maybe we could do a fundraiser for your flight as well as for saving the board. I will donate the mini bar on the plane .,...

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Awe, thats almost as sad as the board closing down . Maybe we could do a fundraiser for your flight as well as for saving the board. I will donate the mini bar on the plane .,...

I think you might raise the price of a poke of chips and a Kwenchy cup on here if I'm the reason you're fundraising. :lol: