Who was your favourite TAMB poster? - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was your favourite TAMB poster?

There were two original NATA "Tartan Armani" tshirts for the Milan game.

One had New York, London, Paris, Milan, Inverurie

The other was New York, London, Paris, Milan, Dirleton...

Always got a new year text from him. I guess that means I'll remember him every year now.

I didn't know the guy but this sort of sad news adds to the impact of the TAMB community of Scotland supporters and many welcome visitors who have gotten to know each other through the TAMB over many, many years.

This connection and continuity will be lost after 1st Nov unless some rescue solution can come about.

:(

11 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

There were two original NATA "Tartan Armani" tshirts for the Milan game.

One had New York, London, Paris, Milan, Inverurie

The other was New York, London, Paris, Milan, Dirleton...

Always got a new year text from him. I guess that means I'll remember him every year now.

Just shows how much pish they spout when saying how much the Indy debate divided friends and families

Couldny meet a bigger anti SNP No voter than Alan - but horses, football and good chat trumped all of that

I felt guilty this year that i hadnt spoke to him in ages when i got his text

Mick didnt know either :(

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

1st November?

I read that announcement wrang. I thought it wis the 1st October.

Fvcks sake - we've goat 2 months min.

It's no like the Rangers.

:sing:"the Tamb survived, the Rangers died, the Tamb survived, the Rangers died..."

Are you going to buy the TAMB for a pound ?

26 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'm afraid he died earlier this year.

51 years of age. Blod clot in the leg.

20 minutes ago, Flure said:

Yes. Alan. Sorry.

Fvck me I never knew. I got a text from Alan at NY. 

I originally came from Dunbar until I got married and moved to Bay so Alan and I knew a lot of the same people from Dunbar and Haddington as we were similar ages. Met him in the tent in Lichtenstein, used to see his tweets on Twitter after he came off here, knew he has lost a bit of weight, was into walking, bird watching etc.

Genuinely shocked at that news. :(

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

Are you going to buy the TAMB for a pound ?

I'm DAFC.

We'll pay off our Tambing debts, get HBOS to wipe out 92 per cent of rest of the load we owe and then shaft the local creditors like hairdressers and coke dealers who chucked us 70 grand for "entertainment"

Then we'll struggle for a few years in the dark web and eventually get back to being searchable on Bing with the prospect of being Googleable within the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, brant grebner said:

I'm DAFC.

We'll pay off our Tambing debts, get HBOS to wipe out 92 per cent of rest of the load we owe and then shaft the local creditors like hairdressers and coke dealers who chucked us 70 grand for "entertainment"

Then we'll struggle for a few years in the dark web and eventually get back to being searchable on Bing with the prospect of being Googleable within the next 3 years.

Sounds like the best plan so far.

1 hour ago, Flat Earth said:

Too many to list...

This place was an unhealthy addiction for me for well over a decade. Couldn't begin to list the number of fantastic people I met through this board, but grateful that so many of them are now friends in my "real life". Also can't overstate how big a part of my life all of this was, the banter on here, the arguments and discussions, the characters, the stories - and then meeting up with folk in the most unlikely of places - that could only be contrived by a random qualifying draw for a football qualification campaign.

So many memories that will live with me forever.

FE, I've met you in many places over the years & I know I pissed Lamia off with my opposing views over the years but I could still sit with you for a few beers (even if sooz walked away after 1 :lol: ) and have a decent chat. In all honesty, one of the nicest couples I have met :ok: 

42 minutes ago, Flure said:

I'm afraid he died earlier this year.

51 years of age. Blod clot in the leg.

That is shocking John, I had no idea, he was a cracking guy :ok:

12 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He was "inside" at Willie Haggas yard if I remember right. Used to send me some too. Cannae remember a winner!!

Haggas has been on fire the last year or so 

Damn you Alan :(

30 minutes ago, Charlie Endell said:

Jings. I'm in a stake of shock - radio back in tomorrow - really good guy :( .

Aye - i'm off to bed with a stomach like a washing machine

Absolute shite news

Can't really stop thinking about colonel. We started out mostly disagreeing on everything but he became someone who became a TAMB friend and we enjoyed a few good times with him. I was following him on twitter and feel bad for not noticing he had gone but I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to twitter really.

I am really sad about this news :(

Just checking my texts from Alan, he wasn't the most pc and this joke is not suitable for TAMB...

"A British engineer has started up a new business in Afghanistan - making land mines that look like prayer mats. Business is going great, he says prophets are going through the roof..."

Didn't realise Colonel had died either. I'd met up with him once to sell him a dodgy card for a Nintendo ds for his wee boy.

That was a few years ago, suppose his boy would be a young adult now. Still very sad for his family.

Like others got the odd text from him now and again.