Who was your favourite TAMB poster? - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was your favourite TAMB poster?

It is a shock. It is a community and even when you don't like a poster's persona (and I did like Colonel, but found Norrie mighty annoying), you feel it when they die, despite (in my case) knowing them only from their posts.

Another favourite poster who I miss (I assume he's not dead) is Paddy Capri - used to make me laugh.

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

It is a shock. It is a community and even when you don't like a poster's persona (and I did like Colonel, but found Norrie mighty annoying), you feel it when they die, despite (in my case) knowing them only from their posts.

Another favourite poster who I miss (I assume he's not dead) is Paddy Capri - used to make me laugh.

His radio meltdown was a thing of beauty :lol:

17 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I've got to be honest I've met a lot of people through here but one guy has stuck & dug me out of shit at home and abroad, he may not have been the most popular, but he's a cracking lad to me - jock strap. Brilliant lad, but as he's still a pal, feel free to slate him to hell :ok: 

Good lad is Del. Uber friendly. :ok:

10 hours ago, Lamia said:

Can't really stop thinking about colonel. We started out mostly disagreeing on everything but he became someone who became a TAMB friend and we enjoyed a few good times with him. I was following him on twitter and feel bad for not noticing he had gone but I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to twitter really.

I am really sad about this news :(

Same here, I also followed him on Twitter. I was thinking the other week that it was unusual I hadn't heard from him for a while - went to Kelso races with him a few times (he always organised a box) and there's a meeting coming up on 20th September. Came as a total shock last night - very pleasant bloke who'd go out his way to help folk,

10 hours ago, Flat Earth said:

Just checking my texts from Alan, he wasn't the most pc and this joke is not suitable for TAMB...

"A British engineer has started up a new business in Afghanistan - making land mines that look like prayer mats. Business is going great, he says prophets are going through the roof..."

It's perfect for the TAMB!

it made me laugh anyway ?

I once suffered from a seemingly neverending sequence of stinking farts in a pub in Amsterdam and Paddy Capri outed me to the buxom barmaid who banished me to the street until the episode had passed. Paddy was a good lad.

As if I wasn't sad enough about the news of the TAMB's demise, I haven't even made it into my old pal Scunny's list of good guys. Gutted.

On 07/09/2017 at 10:00 PM, PASTA Mick said:

@Thistle_Whistle (Stoke fan?) was easily the funniest poster on here. Just not very frequent.

I did meet one of my now best mates on here, although he doesn't post much. 

Got to agree with this? and ma auld pal Gman, who I heard is coming to Slovenia to meet up ???

On 08/09/2017 at 10:38 PM, Glasgowmancity said:

I've got to be honest I've met a lot of people through here but one guy has stuck & dug me out of shit at home and abroad, he may not have been the most popular, but he's a cracking lad to me - jock strap. Brilliant lad, but as he's still a pal, feel free to slate him to hell :ok: 

Yer still no getting in our apartment in Ljubljana and leave ma wee brother alone ?

10 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What happened to derekinjapan? He obviously hasn't had a ride for a long time.

I haven't heard from him since he had a full on meltdown on my Facebook page when Rangers made their first trip to Peterhead. 

Him and pgb were going at it hammer and tongs with full threats of violence made. 

My mates all found it fvcking hilarious. 

Someone mentioned my old pal Domhnall before. He currently has the world record for joke telling, earns money for charities in the Western Isles with a joke book that he wrote, performs at old folks homes in a Gaelic choir, drinks in the Park Bar in Finnieston, was recently on Off The Ball and is genuinely one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet.

13 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Someone mentioned my old pal Domhnall before. He currently has the world record for joke telling, earns money for charities in the Western Isles with a joke book that he wrote, performs at old folks homes in a Gaelic choir, drinks in the Park Bar in Finnieston, was recently on Off The Ball and is genuinely one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet.

He is one of the very few people on my Facebook that I've never actually met (added him before the TAMB football match but he didn't end up playing) and is easily one of the most interesting people on there. I do enjoy his Sunday quizzes. 

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I haven't heard from him since he had a full on meltdown on my Facebook page when Rangers made their first trip to Peterhead. 

Him and pgb were going at it hammer and tongs with full threats of violence made. 

My mates all found it fvcking hilarious. 

He's the very definition of internet hard man.

Made all sorts of threats to me on Facebook before he left for Japan and failed to show for a "meeting" then virtually as soon as he landed he was back at it again telling me if he ever saw me in Japan I was getting a sore face.

I realise he's mates with a couple of the good guys from here but he's a roaster in my book and tbh, with the sort of abuse he was giving my family members and my mate's fiance (now wife) I am still not interested in letting it go, regardless of how long ago it was. I'd love to see him again just the once.

45 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

He's the very definition of internet hard man.

Made all sorts of threats to me on Facebook before he left for Japan and failed to show for a "meeting" then virtually as soon as he landed he was back at it again telling me if he ever saw me in Japan I was getting a sore face.

I realise he's mates with a couple of the good guys from here but he's a roaster in my book and tbh, with the sort of abuse he was giving my family members and my mate's fiance (now wife) I am still not interested in letting it go, regardless of how long ago it was. I'd love to see him again just the once.

He went disproportionately mental with me on here one time because I mentioned it was 50 days to Christmas.  He totally lost it.