Can the TA board be saved? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can the TA board be saved?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From proclaiming it must be saved I am suffering buyers regret or whatever. 

Maybe we should let it die. (It wont die it will move on I am sure but it will die in the sense it will be the end of an era.)

It wipes the board clean.

It is actually quite appealing now I've thought about it.

Do it. :lol:

I get the sense it has maybe become a burden (not just financially) to those that run it. That should be a sobering thought for anyone wanting to take it over. You could just end up being the one to have to pull the plug instead of them. You'd be the unwitting Craig Whyte and they'd be gladly doing a David Murray and escaping being the person to have to pull the plug.

I'd prefer it stayed open but there are some upsides if it closes. Was thinking about the alternative uses of time, the cleanness of the guillotine ending rather than degenerating further like a senile old wreck lying in a pool of its own pish with about 6 folk having the same argument with each other every day (what is that definition of insanity again about expecting another outcome...). And presumably the board history will disappear without trace... I am guessing at that point you will not be able to find anything posted by anyone about anything. Poooof! And it was gone... like Kaiser whatshisface.

Edited by thplinth

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I get the sense it has maybe become a burden (not just financially) to those that run it. That should be a sobering thought for anyone wanting to take it over. You could just end up being the one to have to pull the plug instead of them. You'd be the unwitting Craig Whyte and they'd be gladly doing a David Murray and escaping being the person to have to pull the plug.

I'd prefer it stayed open but there are some upsides if it closes. Was thinking about the alternative uses of time, the cleanness of the guillotine ending rather than degenerating further like a senile old wreck lying in a pool of its own pish with about 6 folk having the same argument with each other every day (what is that definition of insanity again about expecting another outcome...). And presumably the board history will disappear without trace... I am guessing at that point you will not be able to find anything posted by anyone about anything. Poooof! And it was gone... like Kaiser whatshisface.

Good post my man...I however get the feeling this is quite a few peoples social life and expect the sales of Prozac to shoot through the roof.

22 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Homophobe!

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

:lol:

18 hours ago, thplinth said:

From proclaiming it must be saved I am suffering buyers regret or whatever. 

Maybe we should let it die. (It wont die it will move on I am sure but it will die in the sense it will be the end of an era.)

It wipes the board clean.

It is actually quite appealing now I've thought about it.

Do it. :lol:

Nobody could ever accuse you of stubbornly sticking to your guns thplinth ?

I selfishly hope it continues as I take more than I could ever give,  but it can at times be a bit addictive . Especially when Coronation st has finished..

Is anyone ,or group of people,  actually working on a takeover plan, there are so many threads I have lost the plot ? 

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Nobody could ever accuse you of stubbornly sticking to your guns thplinth ?

I selfishly hope it continues as I take more than I could ever give,  but it can at times be a bit addictive . Especially when Coronation st has finished..

Is anyone ,or group of people,  actually working on a takeover plan, there are so many threads I have lost the plot ? 

Bluegaz I think is serious about helping. Other than that I am not sure. 

I cant really put my finger on it but I get the vibe this is not going to transition somehow. It looks like the board was run by a group of friends in a very informal way so there is nothing apart from the domain and limited board history to transfer. The tamb bills would have probably been paid from one of their personal bank accounts and the work shared amongst themselves as they saw fit. How do you pass that on? Anyone who takes it on is starting afresh. Will need help. If these guys ran out of steam how will it be different for a rag tag coalition of strangers?

When life deals you lemons make lemonade. I'd prefer it did not close, not so interested in new version but think it is maybe inevitable. Honestly do you sense much genuine enthusiasm for finding a new person to take it over from the rather flat announcements? 

Everyone is having a laugh it seems, thinking surely someone will intervene, but I don't think they will. 

I've had a bit of an email exchange with Admin about it, the shortfall is significant & the only income is from advertisers, which then leads to stringent moderating as there are tight rules in place.  

I'm still trying to work out a feasible way of making the board work without charging as I feel that would bring further problems. 

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Bluegaz I think is serious about helping. Other than that I am not sure. 

I cant really put my finger on it but I get the vibe this is not going to transition somehow. It looks like the board was run by a group of friends in a very informal way so there is nothing apart from the domain and limited board history to transfer. The tamb bills would have probably been paid from one of their personal bank accounts and the work shared amongst themselves as they saw fit. How do you pass that on? Anyone who takes it on is starting afresh. Will need help. If these guys ran out of steam how will it be different for a rag tag coalition of strangers?

When life deals you lemons make lemonade. I'd prefer it did not close, not so interested in new version but think it is maybe inevitable. Honestly do you sense much genuine enthusiasm for finding a new person to take it over from the rather flat announcements? 

Everyone is having a laugh it seems, thinking surely someone will intervene, but I don't think they will. 

Glasgowmancity seemed sincere from what I read, and a few others ( Fringo perhaps) , but there seems no structure because, as you say, no-one really knows how it is currently being run. 

That said , this board is not exactly MI5 , I am sure there must be folk on here who know who is currently running it. I know someone involved but I have absolutely no technical knowledge whatsoever so it would mean fook all to me, you would be as well sending in Rupert the Bear. 

It is a massive ask for people to take this on but I really hope it can be saved. Someone put on a link to that P&B website a couple of months ago  and I had a look at it. I needed 2 of my extra strong cocodomal  by the time I escaped. 

You are right that people probably just think soemone will take it on . When you started those threads Tamb what went wrong/make it great again folk probably thought you were just off on a rant, but you do have an uncanny knack of sensing things. 

I think the board probably just needs more posters to provide more variety. How is this board advertised, is it just word of mouth? Does the SSC provide infornation links to this site when people are buying their memberships? I only heard about it from a member of my family.

Do any political  outlets reference it? You are probalby laughing but I have read more sense on this board than some political forums. Some people have complained that the board is too one sided politically , they may be right, then change it. Unionists,  bring more of your ilk on. And I say that from a pro independance stance. 

If the board does survive some new life will need to be pumped into it, much as I like it the way it is?

4 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I've had a bit of an email exchange with Admin about it, the shortfall is significant & the only income is from advertisers, which then leads to stringent moderating as there are tight rules in place.  

I'm still trying to work out a feasible way of making the board work without charging as I feel that would bring further problems. 

Sorry, posts overlapped while I rewrote War and Peace ! 

22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Glasgowmancity seemed sincere from what I read, and a few others ( Fringo perhaps) , but there seems no structure because, as you say, no-one really knows how it is currently being run.

I realize now their reticence to open up on the details is (maybe) due to it all being run so informally. So the only way to truly explain how it is/was run and the problems it faced/faces is to at least partially explain all the personal circumstances of the people involved.So that could explain why so little detail has been posted as to the reasons other than 300 quid and shortfall... Sounds like they are being open with GMC so fingers crossed he can stitch together a group of folk to whom the board can be passed.

Edited by thplinth

On 11/09/2017 at 10:40 AM, The White Ceelo said:

The thought of shaggin 72 wrinkly deid nuns should be enough to stop anyone taking this option. Just think...that's what all these suicide bombers have to look forward to :ph34r:

I've never understood the whole "virgins waiting in heaven for you as a reward" malarkey. I don't want virgins.  I want filthy dirty sluts that know exactly what they are doing and exactly how to do it.  I want to be shown stuff I never knew existed or never thought possible. I want to be having the time of my life (or should that be death?) with these birds, not shagging a sack of tatties that's never had it before.

5 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I've never understood the whole "virgins waiting in heaven for you as a reward" malarkey. I don't want virgins.  I want filthy dirty sluts that know exactly what they are doing and exactly how to do it.  I want to be shown stuff I never knew existed or never thought possible. I want to be having the time of my life (or should that be death?) with these birds, not shagging a sack of tatties that's never had it before.

http://www.dundeecity.gov.uk/tourism-visitors

**I have to go out on Friday for a social evening. I don't particularly like mixing with real live people. Well I like it a wee bit but not a lot so this board is great for me. I can have a drink and not feel I'm drinking alone. I can tell everyone nonsense about how wonderful I am whilst picking bits of my dinner off my pyjama top and eating it, fried egg is the best. I can pretend I've lots of friends to non tamb people as I pass on stories and advice read on this board. To round up, I'm incredibly lazy and a nighthawk, love winter and the heating on and darkness outside and not having to go out unless it's walking my dog or seeing to the rabbits. (Real ones, not the other type.) When this board dies I'll just be the mad dug lady, out walking in her food stained jammies and dodging the stones thrown by the next up young team.

I hope you're all proud of what you've done! :worried:

** Disclaimer, if the board survives then the above post was a hack job and I'm still a popular clean and wonderful Bon Viveur.  

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

**I have to go out on Friday for a social evening. I don't particularly like mixing with real live people. Well I like it a wee bit but not a lot so this board is great for me. I can have a drink and not feel I'm drinking alone. I can tell everyone nonsense about how wonderful I am whilst picking bits of my dinner off my pyjama top and eating it, fried egg is the best. I can pretend I've lots of friends to non tamb people as I pass on stories and advice read on this board. To round up, I'm incredibly lazy and a nighthawk, love winter and the heating on and darkness outside and not having to go out unless it's walking my dog or seeing to the rabbits. (Real ones, not the other type.) When this board dies I'll just be the mad dug lady, out walking in her food stained jammies and dodging the stones thrown by the next up young team.

** Disclaimer, if the board survives then the above post was a hack job and I'm still a popular clean and wonderful Bon Viveur.  

:(:love:

8 hours ago, G-Man said:

Winner of the Best Save The TAMB Post award. 

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Well, following recent 'end-of-times' revelations over on the 'Two Sentence Horror Stories' thread, it turns out that there is, and it's Ally Bear ... :)

If people are having dreams of going to heaven and pumping me they are in for a shock ......

Scotland Supporters Club should pick this up and use our membership fee to cover the running costs.Unlikely to get a better source of direct customer feedback and focus - Twitter & Facebook groups aren't thread based and trying to find old information is never easy.