Can the TA board be saved? - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can the TA board be saved?

3 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

I have made contact with admin, just waiting to hear back.  Ideally the current forum can just be moved. That would be the most simple thing to do, however, I will happily create a platform for all the people that still want to keep a message board going.

3 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

I have made contact with admin, just waiting to hear back.  Ideally the current forum can just be moved. That would be the most simple thing to do, however, I will happily create a platform for all the people that still want to keep a message board going.

Are you the Messiah?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Admin4 said:

Aw, f**k off.

We can't say who we are cause the baddies will get us for just placidly trying to do our job.

Don't get mad at thplinth cause he saw this coming a mile away and predicted the incompetence that would eventually kill the TAMB. I.E. you.

1 hour ago, phart said:

We can't say who we are cause the baddies will get us for just placidly trying to do our job.

Don't get mad at thplinth cause he saw this coming a mile away and predicted the incompetence that would eventually kill the TAMB. I.E. you.

Oh, I don't mind being accused of incompetence.

It's the leap to conspiracy that yanked my chain.

5 hours ago, phart said:

Oh there you are, you just finished reading all the folk saying how much they enjoyed your contributions over the years?

Was my name mentioned ?

My impression is scotsmanarizona is deadly serious but obviously with only a handful of posts a little due diligence would be required. The guy has his own server and knows the software, can transition the board in as little as 2 hours... Yes it could be ron taking the piss but I suspect not and definitely there should be no excuse to close this board until that offer has been taken.

The people running this board are clearly pissed off at something but it is not yours to throw away, you are custodians of it and to announce its death in a closed thread is astonishing. Look at the response. The board has problems but is loved by many and many who are offering help. Where is the dialogue? The appeal for help before committing suicide? Ohhh I did not get that message, I did not see that post... 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

My impression is scotsmanarizona is deadly serious but obviously with only a handful of posts a little due diligence would be required. The guy has his own server and knows the software, can transition the board in as little as 2 hours... Yes it could be ron taking the piss but I suspect not and definitely there should be no excuse to close this board until that offer has been taken.

The people running this board are clearly pissed off at something but it is not yours to throw away, you are custodians of it and to announce its death in a closed thread is astonishing. Look at the response. The board has problems but is loved by many and many who are offering help. Where is the dialogue? The appeal for help before committing suicide? Ohhh I did not get that message, I did not see that post... 

Indeed, I am 100% serious. No funny business here. Having run the Fife Football Forum for years I enjoy reading and running a forum. Admin have my email address and phone number so hopefully they can make contact at some time.

Edited by scotsmanarizona

11 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Indeed, I am 100% serious. No funny business here. Having run the Fife Football Forum for years I enjoy reading and running a forum. Admin have my email address and phone number so hopefully they can make contact at some time.

:ok:

I really hope this works and/or with help from some of the others who have stepped forward with some techy knowledge..

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Not sure if due dilligence is required. If this is the last hope then so be it. What is the choice?

If it is Ron, and I don't think so, I'll have him drummed out the masons before he can have his pinny dry cleaned.

Sometimes people just want to help, let's take the offer for what it is and push forward.

Maybe introducing GMC, Grumypy Auld Git, Scotsmanazizona and everyone else who wants to help is the right starting point for a team to make this happen.  The clock is ticking ladies and gents.

IMO, there should be a team of people taking it on. Handing it over to an individual or two risks same problems arising if/when they don't have time to give it attention it deserves. The more than just tech stuff that needs sorting out - moderation has been piss poor for ages and a fresh look at what can be done to make it better is needed. And even if it's transferred, how do we make sure it pays for itself? A group of people should be looking at this kind of stuff. Many hands make light work as they say.

Just catching up here, so can someone summarise, what are the options, what are the decisions, and what are the skills/roles/resources that people could volunteer to contribute?

Edited by exile

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Just catching up here, so can someone summarise, what are the options, what are the decisions, and what are the skills/roles/resources that people could volunteer to contribute?

It's all over.

Nobody could be arsed saving it while it was dying.

Time to move on.

24 minutes ago, andymac said:

Not sure if due dilligence is required. If this is the last hope then so be it. What is the choice?

If it is Ron, and I don't think so, I'll have him drummed out the masons before he can have his pinny dry cleaned.

Sometimes people just want to help, let's take the offer for what it is and push forward.

Maybe introducing GMC, Grumypy Auld Git, Scotsmanazizona and everyone else who wants to help is the right starting point for a team to make this happen.  The clock is ticking ladies and gents.

Not a lot. I would also bet on this option. I suspect this fellow could sweep-up this whole mess quite quickly. I do not know the forum he mentions but he seems open about who he is! Wow.

1 hour ago, scotsmanarizona said:

So.... Here we have someone who you could all identify if you really wanted to I guess... who can host the board and manage it... and is offering to do so. Has anyone any objections?

On 9/18/2017 at 8:15 PM, thplinth said:

You need to open a thread.

I re-posted your original announcement but you need to post it yourselves in an open thread and then reply to people!

You seem to be making this very hard. 

You disallowed replies on your announcements and now you don't seem to be getting PM's... Coincidence?

Used Fife Football Forums for several years and seemed pretty well run although the number of users that used that forum will be much less than on here. Giving the performance and technical problems this board has had over the years, it would be good if scotsmanarizona could outline his technical proposals, proposed costs and how he'll cover the expense, etc.

If he's only one coming forward, then fair enough but if we're to clean the board up and have it running far better, would be good do at least some due diligence.