Celtic v PSG - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v PSG

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

PSG are now on another level, alongside Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca and that's probably it. Then there's your top EPL sides, Juve, Atletico...

3rd place in any group would be a good result for any side not from one of the rich leagues.

I agree 3rd place is best that they could hope for  sign of the times I guess having grew up watching the Scottish teams of the late 70s and 80s Aberdeen, Celtic , Glasgow rangers (not that new mob) and even Dundee Utd all in on the act great times to be a kid watching Scottish teams in Europe 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Let's hope we hear no more of this "wonderful intimidating atmosphere"; as if Neymar and co. could be beaten by a noise.

You'd hace to be a dumplin to think atmosphere influences top players. Doesnt mean we should stop singing, but his zero impact on the best players.

18 minutes ago, Mox said:

You'd hace to be a dumplin to think atmosphere influences top players. Doesnt mean we should stop singing, but his zero impact on the best players.

I'd disagree. One of the posts from the Faddy Paris 2007 hints at this very thing.

We've also often talked about this at certain games at Hampden v Germany, Holland, Italy & France to name a few.

It doesn't win games in itself but can have a strong influence at times on both the home and away players IMO.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Some awful decision making by the manager once again at this level. I dont expect to beat PSG, but I do expect the best 11 available on the park at the start and he chose not to do that. Lustig is useless anywhere but he's better than Ralston and Ajer is better than Lustig at centre half. Rogic on the bench is crazy stuff and we deserved what we got. Rodgers record in the champions league with us and Liverpool is horrific and a mediocre summer when we should have been ruthless has seen the bank balance increased and the playing staff remain pretty much the same.

They were f u cking brilliant btw, a total joy to behold from front to back. Mbappe, Neymar and Rabiot will take a lot of stopping, Rabiot in particular is one of the most elegant footballers ive ever seen.

I can't believe you are slagging the manager and the youngest player on the pitch after that. What a dick!

6 hours ago, macy37 said:

Not unexpected. They are class above. It won't be the only humping we take However we'll keep flying the solo Scottish flag. 

Looks like your team bottled it tbh. Utterly filled their pants tonight. 

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The goals PSG scored mainly came about from poor defending from Celtic. It appears the Celtic manager is being given a free pass and is absolved from an inability to set up his defence. 

His ability to leather Sevco is keeping him in a job

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic got a taste of what other Scottish sides get from Celtic, and then some.

One of the most one sided games you're likely to see.

That said, Rodgers team selection was bizarre. Rogic must have rode his missus or something.

Mate I said the same, all these pricks on Facebook talking about their spending power have zero self awareness.

We took a tanking off a far superior team. Shit happens

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As successful as Rodgers has been at Celtic he's now overseen their heaviest home and away defeats in Europe, and their most embarrassing one.

The biggest embarrassment last night was the support. From the coked up idiots around me, the moron who ran on the park and the thousands who streamed out when the 4th goal went in. Not a good night on or off the pitch! ?

Bit harsh slagging Rodgers to be fair, that was a great display of football by PSG, and they cruised the 2nd half.  Celtic did make some mistakes, but its hard when you dictate almost every game of a season and then have to play against that standard.  

33 minutes ago, slasher said:

No he's not. What are these bad decisions you speak of though?

Playing Ralston at right back when he is clearly not good enough. Subsequently having to put one of the slowest right backs in world football in at centre half and playing Armstrong, who has been pretty inconsistent this season, instead of Rogic. 

I dont for 1 second think those changes would have allowed us to win the game, but we would have certainly given a better account of ourselves.

Edited by Mox

Don't get me wrong, I was delighted with the result, but, I only actually saw the first 40 minutes of the second half.  I thought Celtic actually looked ok & it was very much like a usual Celtic home European defence against a big team where they defended like mad & were looking for something on the break.  From what I've heard from others though the other 50 minutes were totally different :ok:

16 minutes ago, Mox said:

Playing Ralston at right back when he is clearly not good enough. Subsequently having to put one of the slowest right backs in world football in at centre half and playing Armstrong, who has been pretty inconsistent this season, instead of Rogic. 

I dont for 1 second think those changes would have allowed us to win the game, but we would have certainly given a better account of ourselves.

I don't think any of the options at the back were palatable and for what it's worth I thought Ralston did alright. Armstrong was picked on the back of 2 mom performances for Scotland and a fine game against Hamilton plus he brings more energy than Rogic to the team. With hindsight you could say Rogic would have been the better choice. Either way you can't really lay it at the manager. We were outclassed, end of. To the people who say we should set out more defensive, I say what do you want? If we are on this stage we should dare to dream and have a go. I'd rather that than stick 10 men behind the ball and hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don't think any of the options at the back were palatable and for what it's worth I thought Ralston did alright. Armstrong was picked on the back of 2 mom performances for Scotland and a fine game against Hamilton plus he brings more energy than Rogic to the team. With hindsight you could say Rogic would have been the better choice. Either way you can't really lay it at the manager. We were outclassed, end of. To the people who say we should set out more defensive, I say what do you want? If we are on this stage we should dare to dream and have a go. I'd rather that than stick 10 men behind the ball and hope for the best.

Johnny Hayes is fantastic at left back and man-marking.  Tiernay at right back.  Just saying..... 

13 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Sutton theres too big a gulf in the money between these teams - hahahaha 

I blame the the rest of the spl teams 

absolutely wonderful viewing though 

How that muppet got a job as a football pundit is remarkable.

12 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Neymar is rather dislikeable. Not shaking hands is pretty low. 

Absolute Rex Hunt as well. Would never have got the likes of Ronaldo, Messi et al doing that.

I know I'm turning into the Scott Brown fan club, but if you look at the 2nd goal, it was a great example of him being a dick. He managed to get a wee nibble at Neymar, then just seems to swagger about feeling pleased with himself while Neymar goes into the box unmarked and nods it down for Cavani/Mbappe.

He does that a lot, leaves a bit on someone, then swaggers about admiring his work while the game carries on.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

I know I'm turning into the Scott Brown fan club, but if you look at the 2nd goal, it was a great example of him being a dick. He managed to get a wee nibble at Neymar, then just seems to swagger about feeling pleased with himself while Neymar goes into the box unmarked and nods it down for Cavani/Mbappe.

He does that a lot, leaves a bit on someone, then swaggers about admiring his work while the game carries on.

Don't forget the stare, the stare is important.