Celtic v PSG - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic v PSG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

They haven't created an easy route for Aberdeen to reach the group stages.

You'll know all about it in a couple of years when you're black to playing Arsenal or Sevilla in the 3rd qualifying round rather than Astana and Rejkavik.

:ok:

I could be wrong here, but I was under the impression the champions route was remaining and as such we would avoid teams like Sevilla, Arsenal? As a result of the four teams getting in automatically from Spain, Italy, England and Germany, it meant that the dutch and or swiss champs, would have to negotiate a play off round, so feasibly we could get a Basle or Feyenoord?

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Most Spain games were mostly defence vs attack. With Spain continuously passing around, retaining possession, trying to work openings. We then had many folk claiming that Spain were "boring". Which i found utterly bizarre. I can't understand how folk can find complete footballing perfection boring. 

There's no guarantees but it does give an enormous advantage. 

You'd need a blowtorch to mark that brassneck, sir. Your team got pumped 5-0 at home 3 days ago :lol: 

Indeed. 

I liked watching Spain but they only played in six or seven games in each of those three tournaments.  The majority of games in major championships are a poor standard and dull.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

The only thing that I can think of as comparable was Celtic v Dynamo Kiev in 1987. Kiev had about 9 of the players from the USSR 1986 World Cup side, who were also outstanding, and played with a pace and accuracy that was simply amazing to watch. Even in warm up, the played a one touch 5 a side across the park while big Roy and Tom McAdam were charging about like dafties hammering balls here there and everywhere in the other half. Big difference from Tuesday was we managed to scrape a draw (1-1, 2-2, can't remember now) that night and a narrow gubbing in Kiev in the second leg. But speed of movement and players was like PSG on Tuesday.

Ex Saints star Sergei Baltacha played for Kiev then and was an International at the World Cup. I wonder if he played against Celtic that night.

5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Watching Kortrijk v Anderlecht right now.

Anderlecht are brutal as they have been all season so far.

Unacceptable if Celtic don't get past them frankly.

They are nowhere near the ability of the team that played Arsenal in 2014 and even then their away record in the Chumpions league was and is rotten

Celtic should win the home game at least

On 15/09/2017 at 9:16 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

The backlash against that Spain team by the start of Euro 2012 was staggering. 

What a genius Xavi was. There's video that focuses on his play against England in a friendly around 2004. Masterful. 

That Spain team were fantastic, Xavi really is one of the best ever, Iniesta at his best was/is outstanding too. Was like watching Barca at times where they'd be walking it about the edge of the box and you'd just be sitting going "f*ckin hit it" but then they'd do something ridiculous, few small passes and score a great team goal.

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Rodgers maintains the same comparisons cannot be drawn between Celtic and the rest of Scottish football.

He said: “It’s totally different.

“With all due respect, when you are working with that level of player, you see the difference.

As pointed out by Tom English, Celtic have a very comparable difference in budget with the rest of the SPFL (Rangers aside) as they do with Europe's top sides but chooses to ignore the fact as it doesn't suit

2 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Rodgers maintains the same comparisons cannot be drawn between Celtic and the rest of Scottish football.

He said: “It’s totally different.

“With all due respect, when you are working with that level of player, you see the difference.

As pointed out by Tom English, Celtic have a very comparable difference in budget with the rest of the SPFL (Rangers aside) as they do with Europe's top sides but chooses to ignore the fact as it doesn't suit

I think most Celtic fans can see that it is exactly the same. Only the most blinkered will be buying this pish from Rodgers. 

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, Ally Bongo said:

They are nowhere near the ability of the team that played Arsenal in 2014 and even then their away record in the Chumpions league was and is rotten

Celtic should win the home game at least

Anderlecht sacked their manager this morning.