Can we come up with some new Chants/Songs - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can we come up with some new Chants/Songs

GordyA88

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The army bit should still go.

It's a celebration of being a Private Jock MacGlashan VC of the Royal Highland Cannon Fodder and really doesn't sit well with to many people. It's best done away with altogether, that and the stuff about Mrs Windsor.

It's still a very good tune that a half-decent wordsmith could turn into a song about following Scotland through the years, the great players, memorable moments and all that sort of thing.

I think I know that one - "I've been away where the Rockies proudly stand, I've crossed the Mississippi and the Rio Grande ....." 

It's quite an "old school" song. There's a few other teams in Scotland and England that have their own versions of it.

A Scotland song might be crafted around it. 

Aye that's the very one mate

4 minutes ago, fringo said:

Grumpy git.

:P

Too late to change now.

But why do people think that we need to come up with a song/chant in my opinion the best songs/chants have been spontaneous and stuck because they were good, yes some are well past their sell-by date but the fact there's been nothing new is almost certainly a reflection on the brain dead Facebook generation who are incapable of independent thought and spend 90% of s game glued to their phones.

Yours, a proud a grumpy old git.

4 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Too late to change now.

But why do people think that we need to come up with a song/chant in my opinion the best songs/chants have been spontaneous and stuck because they were good, yes some are well past their sell-by date but the fact there's been nothing new is almost certainly a reflection on the brain dead Facebook generation who are incapable of independent thought and spend 90% of s game glued to their phones.

Yours, a proud a grumpy old git.

Never too late.:)

And the songs have to start somewhere with an idea whether good or bad. Whether they take off , then time will tell ?

Who could have imagined Doe a Deer ?!

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

Never too late.:)

And the songs have to start somewhere with an idea whether good or bad. Whether they take off , then time will tell ?

Who could have imagined Doe a Deer ?!

Doe a deer is a example of what I was alluding to as is We'll Be Coming but there's been, in my opinion, little since then.

13 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Banning mobile phones for a start.

Agreed!! Mobile phones have become a real bug bear of mine. Why go to a game to watch it through a wee screen. 

Euro 2016 was and the English premiership is awful for it. Any penalty and about 50% of the crowd behind the goal are filming it. Same for corners.

When they showed the crowd after a goal at the Euros half of the crowd was filming the crowd celebrating. Which meant the half of the crowd was standing filming other people filming and not actually being part of the atmosphere. 

Phone w@nkers. Ban them.

Edited by iainmac1

On 15/09/2017 at 4:25 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

Best thing about the board dying would be not seeing another we need more songs thread 

Ironically... this is actually one of the (many) reasons board is close to dying. User posts opinion on something that interests them, other users have nothing to contribute but post telling them their posts aren't welcome. Variety of debate ensures there's something for everyone; instead some would rather make them feel completely unwelcome. How hard is it to bite lip on threads you aren't interested in? :P

Short of banning mobile phones which clearly wont ever happen, I don't see any harm in fans sharing ideas for improving atmosphere. Each to their own.

7 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Ironically... this is actually one of the (many) reasons board is close to dying. User posts opinion on something that interests them, other users have nothing to contribute but post telling them their posts aren't welcome. Variety of debate ensures there's something for everyone; instead some would rather make them feel completely unwelcome. How hard is it to bite lip on threads you aren't interested in? :P

Short of banning mobile phones which clearly wont ever happen, I don't see any harm in fans sharing ideas for improving atmosphere. Each to their own.

The small price to pay to stop these threads

7 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Best thing about the board dying would be not seeing another we need to respect the views of others' post.

3 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Pedantry

Dont forget the pedantry