What do you make of this? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What do you make of this?

I doubt anyone, apart from the match officials. Meppen players & fans, doesnt see it as ungentlemanly conduct but it's a clear example of playing to the whistle and putting the ball out of play if you want the game stopped

I believe the coup de grace was the same fella scoring the equaliser

Play to the whistle. It's a complete non story 

The game is becoming more and more soft. Nothing worse than a player goes down injured, opposing team put it out for a throw, the injured players team takes a throw and plays it back to the opponents keeper. Then you get the wanky round of applause in the stands. It's absolutely pathetic. It's up their with players refusing to celebrate goals against former teams aswell as fans applauding former players before and during the game (former players being subbed I can live with)

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Play to the whistle. It's a complete non story 

The game is becoming more and more soft. Nothing worse than a player goes down injured, opposing team put it out for a throw, the injured players team takes a throw and plays it back to the opponents keeper. Then you get the wanky round of applause in the stands. It's absolutely pathetic. It's up their with players refusing to celebrate goals against former teams aswell as fans applauding former players before and during the game (former players being subbed I can live with)

Agree 99.9% of that, fvck applauding former players at all, their the opposition now, regardless who it is. I can guarantee people will applaud Hayes if he plays at pittodrie, I'll be giving him the same treatment as every other Celtic player on the park  

Would love to know if the injured player actually got up and carried on. All about context. If the player had a broken leg or serious injury then the scorers actions would be seen a reprehensible.  But as has been alluded there is too much of players stopping play and gaining advantage or breaking down opponents attacks. 

53 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Would love to know if the injured player actually got up and carried on. All about context. If the player had a broken leg or serious injury then the scorers actions would be seen a reprehensible.  But as has been alluded there is too much of players stopping play and gaining advantage or breaking down opponents attacks. 

If he had a broken leg etc, it would be up to the ref to stop the game, not the players. I would be raging if Aberdeen stopped on the ball and allowed rangers to score in this manner (used as an example as it is our teams), just as much as I regularly do when a team is attacking with a man down, then cry blue murder when they lose possession and demand the ball is played out by the opposition, it certainly shouldn't be given back to the team that did knock it out either, one of my pet hates in football (alongside stealing yards at free kicks and throw ins) but that's another thread completely. 

Think it depends on context.

If it's all pretty genuine, it's a bit out of order, but if the defending team were time wasting at every turn and rolling out every trick in the book, they deserve all they get...

I do like a good old fashioned bounce up though, to go off at a slight tangent.