No emails - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My hotmail account isn't receiving emails. I've deleted the account on my iPad and phone twice and put back on but still hee haw. I went onto the account via google and it said 12 new messages but only showed emails opened yesterday.  I've other email addresses which seem to be working okay.  Does anyone else know what I could try? 

12 minutes ago, G-Man said:

My hotmail account isn't receiving emails. I've deleted the account on my iPad and phone twice and put back on but still hee haw. I went onto the account via google and it said 12 new messages but only showed emails opened yesterday.  I've other email addresses which seem to be working okay.  Does anyone else know what I could try? 

Seems to be down for everyone

Hope the one i sent you got through ..............

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I thought that may have been the reason it broke! 

There were only 4 unsolicited nudies this time so it should have worked

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/hotmail-down-outlook-latest-updates-emails-outage-crash-a7954081.html

Thanks for that Ally. Next question, apart from this particular problem, why is hotmail deemed inferior to gmail as mentioned in article. I have hotmail for pals, gmail for work and another gmail for god knows what but don't notice any difference between them. 

13 minutes ago, Bobster said:

I tried to tell you, it's somehow spying on this site and your inbox is most probably clogged with Doggers United membership requests.

If you're going to be a moderator you have to get our name right or Bonzo will feel left out, Dogging with Hookers. 

I made a gin and tonic drizzle cake last night and thought the measurements a wee bit stingy so added extra. I swear to goodness I'm a wee bit pissed on a cake and thought that was the problem so it's nice to know it's either hotmail fault or people sending pictures of their other dogging activities to try to join the club. 

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

If you're going to be a moderator you have to get our name right or Bonzo will feel left out, Dogging with Hookers. 

I made a gin and tonic drizzle cake last night and thought the measurements a wee bit stingy so added extra. I swear to goodness I'm a wee bit pissed on a cake and thought that was the problem so it's nice to know it's either hotmail fault or people sending pictures of their other dogging activities to try to join the club. 

Sorry. :(

You're going to be a great new Admin4 :lol:

7 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Thanks for that Ally. Next question, apart from this particular problem, why is hotmail deemed inferior to gmail as mentioned in article. I have hotmail for pals, gmail for work and another gmail for god knows what but don't notice any difference between them. 

I'm not Ally but I work with this shit. Gmail is not better. No idea how you access outlook but O365, basically the same product but more expensive is working for me and some clients.

Google are cheaper but farm you data turning you into a product for them and hence why they are cheaper.  Their security is also a mare.

2 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Sorry. :(

You're going to be a great new Admin4 :lol:

Away, I'll never be that touchy!! 

2 minutes ago, andymac said:

I'm not Ally but I work with this shit. Gmail is not better. No idea how you access outlook but O365, basically the same product but more expensive is working for me and some clients.

Google are cheaper but farm you data turning you into a product for them and hence why they are cheaper.  Their security is also a mare.

It's lucky I'm very fond of you as I only understand a wee bit of your reply. Gmail is not better - understand. Outlook/O365 - don't understand. Farm your data - don't understand.

Again the gin cake may be playing its part but in reality I really don't understand technical talk. But if you need a mani/pedi or full leg wax I'm your wummin. 

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

Away, I'll never be that touchy!! 

It's lucky I'm very fond of you as I only understand a wee bit of your reply. Gmail is not better - understand. Outlook/O365 - don't understand. Farm your data - don't understand.

Again the gin cake may be playing its part but in reality I really don't understand technical talk. But if you need a mani/pedi or full leg wax I'm your wummin. 

Hotmail/Outlook/Office365 are microsoft products that have the same technology a their core. I suspect Microsoft (but don't know this) would rather people migrated to Office365 cos the charge more for this. They do however guarantee you privacy.

Gmail give no such undertaking. It is possible for me to email people as you via Gmail. Gmail also (allegedly) monitor your traffic and target you with ads.

Pedicure you say? Can I watch the TV while you are doing it or have you not got a 100ft Ariel yet?

2 hours ago, andymac said:

Hotmail/Outlook/Office365 are microsoft products that have the same technology a their core. I suspect Microsoft (but don't know this) would rather people migrated to Office365 cos the charge more for this. They do however guarantee you privacy.

Gmail give no such undertaking. It is possible for me to email people as you via Gmail. Gmail also (allegedly) monitor your traffic and target you with ads.

Pedicure you say? Can I watch the TV while you are doing it or have you not got a 100ft Ariel yet?

I'm so boring privacy is not important so I can stick to hotmail. 

Still no tv but box set of Columbo and plenty of your favourite musicals. Whilst you're picking out a nice nail colour we can watch West Side Story and sing along to I Feel Pretty. :wub:

21 hours ago, G-Man said:

I'm so boring privacy is not important so I can stick to hotmail. 

Still no tv but box set of Columbo and plenty of your favourite musicals. Whilst you're picking out a nice nail colour we can watch West Side Story and sing along to I Feel Pretty. :wub:

:lol::lol: