Never Mind Recalling Parliiment - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Never Mind Recalling Parliiment

I don't normally support intervention but I do on this occasion. My only concern is what is the end game. This is a sectarian war and we are being drawn into it.The SNP will probably back this motion.

We didnt intervene in South Sudan, but then they don't have oil. The neighbouring arab states will have to get involved.....they don't want to because most of them fear the same thing happening with their countries.

we are rather choosy but to sit back and do nothing is not an option.

I think we should get involved no more or less than any other European country.

Aside from this bizarre concept that some hold on to that we're still a world power, our record in interfering in medieval middle eastern conflicts is pretty shite. To be honest.

Edited by Rossy

I guess I have to accept Politicians and the Media will back up the powerful to look after their interests, if by that I mean a "stable" oil supply (in an unstable region) then that is what we the masses will end up screaming for the politicians to do. (After we have been whipped into a BBC inspired frenzy).

If we stop some nutters killing people great, if we plunge the region into further sectarian strife, never mind, we will just sell more weapons to the victors (both sides) and sign multi billion £ oil and infrastructure rebuilding contracts.

Let's get stuck in!

Ye Ha!

J

ISIL backed and funded by Qatar and the Kingdom of Saaud.

Were in turn bombed by US backed Saudi and Qatari warplanes.

Or get this one.

Britain wants to bomb Assad and arm his enemies, the very people we now want to bomb.

Go figure?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Pretty much every decision the 'west' has made concerning the middle east...every intervention going back more than 150 years...ever single thing....has had utterly negative consequences.

I don't expect that to change now.

We didnt intervene in South Sudan, but then they don't have oil. The neighbouring arab states will have to get involved.....they don't want to because most of them fear the same thing happening with their countries.

being pedantic - South Sudan does have oil and they are at production stage - think had oil development/production good 30-35 years

I think we should get involved no more or less than any other European country.

Aside from this bizarre concept that some hold on to that we're still a world power, our record in interfering in medieval middle eastern conflicts is pretty shite. To be honest.

Spot on

Maybe we should just arm Tony Blair and send him in. He seems quite keen.

Aye, he's keen to get "boots on the ground".

Just not Ewan Blairs. Let some other guys lad get blown to pieces.

No business getting involved, let Team America and the Middle Eastern coalition Police crack on with things.

J

Don't forget that this gives Cameron another chance to get on TV and act all Churchillian....banging on about Britain this, Britain that, world power, take the lead, support our friends, blah, blah blah.

It's wasn't until this referendum campaign that I realised how much the whole British population is brainwashed into meekly accepting every lie and utterance that government makes.

Now, with 5 million people energised by having democratic power in their own hands, I wonder just how timidly Scotland is going to react to Cameron's utter pish.

Don't forget that this gives Cameron another chance to get on TV and act all Churchillian....banging on about Britain this, Britain that, world power, take the lead, support our friends, blah, blah blah.

It's wasn't until this referendum campaign that I realised how much the whole British population is brainwashed into meekly accepting every lie and utterance that government makes.

Now, with 5 million people energised by having democratic power in their own hands, I wonder just how timidly Scotland is going to react to Cameron's utter pish.

I actually believed I was paranoid. However the mass influence of the public is clear as day.

I just wish people would think critically of what they are told.

J

From about 5am on the 19th, this was up there along with fracking the shit out of Scotland as the most obvious UK manoeuvres to be pushed through ASAP.

Polluting and blowing up brown people far away for profit - it's what makes The UK ok.

We should have fùck all to do with this.

Obama is going about telling everyone that it won't be a 'ground war'.

It won't.

All new economic draftees have had Lockheed moth wings grafted in to their backs to allow them to hover while they riddle weddings and camel herds with Haliburton hellfire.

Syria was already bombing ISIS anyway, they didn't need or want the Americans help,however 2 publicised beheadings later (they've been beheading folk for 4 years and eating hearts and other crazy shit) the yanks have started droning the place, missed a few targets already and are bombing dangerously near to where Syria keeps a lot of its air defence, all without asking Syrian permission. While their allies Qatar and the Saudi's funnel money to the groups and the CIA train them etc.

If all these fundementalist muslims are all desperate anti semites that want to wipe Israel off the face of the map, how come they never attack it.

Maybe we should just arm Tony Blair and send him in. He seems quite keen.

David Schneider's post on twitter the other day was brilliant:

"Idea for TV Show : Game Show where contestants attempt to come up with scenarios where Tony Blair would not support military intervention"