Question Time Tonight - Page 57 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

• 2 months later...

John McDonnell on Question Time... What a time to be alive :ok:

image.jpg1_zpsre8bn3wb.jpg

Have a feeling tonight could be one of those ones that Salmond has a blinder. He'll be wary on what he says about Labour I imagine, he'll not be wanting to have a go too much after Fergus Ewing put the SNP to the right of Corbyns Labour on services.

John McDonnell on Question Time... What a time to be alive :ok:image.jpg1_zpsre8bn3wb.jpg

Have a feeling tonight could be one of those ones that Salmond has a blinder. He'll be wary on what he says about Labour I imagine, he'll not be wanting to have a go too much after Fergus Ewing put the SNP to the right of Corbyns Labour on services.

Also can't give Labour too much credit mitigating part of the independence argument... He'll go down the Corbyn not credible, or electable road I think.

Not a great source admittedly, but Robert Peston here writing that certain ultra-Blairite MPs are considering leaving Labour for the Conservatives.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34267886

Wonder if the bookies have odds on who the prime candidates for defections are ?

Would be a disaster for Labour if this starts happening. While some will suggest it shows Corbyn is clearing out his party from the right wingers that made them Tory light, any perceived flight from Labour is a risk to their credibility. Which is why Corbyn is always likely to be a disaster for them electorally. It's almost impossible to see how he can do anything other than fail as leader of Labour. Utterly tragic.

Not a great source admittedly, but Robert Peston here writing that certain ultra-Blairite MPs are considering leaving Labour for the Conservatives.

Wonder if the bookies have odds on who the prime candidates for defections are ?

That would be wonderful! Simon Danczuk would be an absolute certainty.

Tommy Sheppard is turning out to be a very likeable man. His maiden speech was excellent and his performance on QT the other was decent. I'm also reliably informed from a former Labour yooth comrade, who is now on his staff that he's no fan of the SNP disciplinary system and has had his collar felt already for speaking out locally against the party, and has made it clear he'd do so again.

The Katy Clark of the SNP? :wub:

You know when you read something the wrong way!?!?

I read that as Tommy Sheridan and thought I was hallucinating!

:-))

Also can't give Labour too much credit mitigating part of the independence argument... He'll go down the Corbyn not credible, or electable road I think.

Salmond's tack on QT where Labour is concerned will be working together to oppose austerity and trident while also highlighting that to be electable Corbyn has to win in England.

The wee Billy Brit Nat that is Ian Murray would be a shoe in.