Question Time Tonight - Page 70 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Opening sentence and Farage lies and the Tory repeats the lie.  There aren't more people dying on at the weekend than any other day.  

The last debate I saw on this the doctors agreed that more people die at the weekend, they just disagreed on the reason for it

18 minutes ago, Mee said:

The last debate I saw on this the doctors agreed that more people die at the weekend, they just disagreed on the reason for it

It's not that more people die at the weekend, it's that more people who are *admitted* at the weekend die within 30 days.  That's something different altogether and lots of reasons why this is the case. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34598335

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Question Time's twitter account posted this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca9bedMWcAAUUcn.jpg:large

Panellists with most appearances.

Very interesting. I do remember Shirley and Clare being on it a lot back in the day. Nicola's done it a lot too given her relative youth, but then she was the SNP's goto girl for the programme for years...

49 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Very interesting. I do remember Shirley and Clare being on it a lot back in the day. Nicola's done it a lot too given her relative youth, but then she was the SNP's goto girl for the programme for years...

Strange how Dougie Alexander had been on it more times than his more high profile colleagues such as Jack Straw, Diane Abbott and David Blunkett :wacko:

With any luck we'll be seeing Angus Robertson appearing on it a bit more often from now on. 

35 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

June Sarpong (who ?

Oh was / is that a gravelly voiced wee black chick who was a presenter on TV. Can't remember where and why... June Sarapong I thought she was but damned if I am googling it. 

edit: Or watching it.

Edited by thplinth
felt like it

Dimbleby should be forcibly retired. Can't control a debate, goes off topic, waffles on too much.

An old guy in the audience made clear his passionate hatred of the Germany and the German people.

Good on John Nicolson for finally taking Dimbleby on with regards to that myth he keeps repeating that the SNP made Scotland a trade ambassador.

And that June Sarpong woman is fecking clueless and so bloody loud. Shut up !

Was absolutely hopeless last night.

Started with a question on Cameron's EU negotiations. June Sarpong was obviously invited because she's part of the stay in the EU campaign, but she didn't appear to have much of a grasp on the issue. Then they wasted time on a question about Emma Thompson's EU views and cake!

They then had a question on Trump which was basically the same question they've had every Thursday for the last month. How many times do we need panellists to tell us he's a dick?

Next was a question on grammar schools which they've debated regularly in the past. What was the point in inviting John Nicholson on and then having a question that's not relevant to Scotland. I gave up and went to bed nearly 20 minutes into that debate, so no idea what they covered in the last 5 minutes of the programme.

The QT type programmes we had in Scotland in the run up to the referendum were miles ahead of this drivel.

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Dimbleby should be forcibly retired. Can't control a debate, goes off topic, waffles on too much.

An old guy in the audience made clear his passionate hatred of the Germany and the German people.

Good on John Nicolson for finally taking Dimbleby on with regards to that myth he keeps repeating that the SNP made Scotland a trade ambassador.

And that June Sarpong woman is fecking clueless and so bloody loud. Shut up !

:oops:

Meant to say "made Trump a trade ambassador for Scotland."

On 17 February 2016 at 8:05 PM, thplinth said:

Oh was / is that a gravelly voiced wee black chick who was a presenter on TV. Can't remember where and why... June Sarapong I thought she was but damned if I am googling it. 

edit: Or watching it.

She used to present on Channel Four 4dakidz programs and then she went to America and was lauded as a serious UK journalist on Jesse Ventura's crap conspiracy show.

16 minutes ago, neilser said:

Tonight : Julian Fellowes (Conservative peer), Liz Truss (Conservative MP), Julia Hartley-Brewer (Conservative columnist and broadcaster) and 2 others...

Maybe they need both Tories who are pro EU and anti-EU, for balance.