Question Time Tonight - Page 75 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

4 hours ago, peever1745 said:

The BBC are full of weasel words - they are fair and impartial according to their own rules

Reading between the lines this means that they'll have roughly even numbers of EU In and Out supporters. And (if you believe them) roughly even numbers of Yes and No supporters.

So even if half of Dundee was, say, Yes+In and only 10% were No+Out, they'd still have the same number of people.

12 hours ago, Scunnered said:

I reckon people are being overly paranoid.  A Dundonian on my Facebook posted last night that there wasn't a real Dundonian in the audience only to be told by a number of his friends that they were in the audience or knew someone who was.

As for plants, I was in the audience of a Question Time during the Indy Ref campaign, I was sat next to an SNP councillor from Kilmarnock, and a couple of rows in front of Richie Venton.  Where they plants?  

Did they get to ask questions by any chance?

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Did they get to ask questions by any chance?

Richie did, he asked a question of Dugdale...  Which Jim Sillars ended up answering :blink:.  It was a fairly Yes heavy crowd to be honest, so Yes heavy infact that the SNP took it upon themselves not to send Salmond or Sturgeon, it was Swinneys debut...  And I know I'm a bit biased but he was definitely the worst on the panel.

Sillars (cos he's batshit crazy)-> Davidson -> Dugdale -> Swinney.

38 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Richie did, he asked a question of Dugdale...  Which Jim Sillars ended up answering :blink:.  It was a fairly Yes heavy crowd to be honest, so Yes heavy infact that the SNP took it upon themselves not to send Salmond or Sturgeon, it was Swinneys debut...  And I know I'm a bit biased but he was definitely the worst on the panel.

Sillars (cos he's batshit crazy)-> Davidson -> Dugdale -> Swinney.

I attended a EU debate last week with Sillars on the panel.  Very uncomfortable.  Didn't help that a sweaty Frank Roy was sitting in front of me

13 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I attended a EU debate last week with Sillars on the panel.  Very uncomfortable.  Didn't help that a sweaty Frank Roy was sitting in front of me

He's more of a hinderance to any side he happens to be on.  Like a more stable Peever really.

2 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

He's more of a hinderance to any side he happens to be on.  Like a more stable Peever really.

2 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Don't know why it's quoted twice.  The bold bit is debatable after what I witnessed.

For me there is one thing that is being overlooked with all the moping about Question Time (A Dundonian on my Facebook is STILL going on about the lack of real Dundonians on the show), the BBC, like them or not had to have a spokesperson explain why someone on the show had an English accent...  That is feckin' sinister.

On 15 March 2016 at 7:58 AM, Scunnered said:

For me there is one thing that is being overlooked with all the moping about Question Time (A Dundonian on my Facebook is STILL going on about the lack of real Dundonians on the show), the BBC, like them or not had to have a spokesperson explain why someone on the show had an English accent...  That is feckin' sinister.

The whole thing about the accents made me more than a tad uncomfortable!!

8 hours ago, Lamia said:

It's sensitive right enough. - though I think 'uncomfortable' is a better word than 'sinister'

Though dare I say... I can't help thinking if the show was from Shetland and half the accents were Glaswegian, or if the show was from London and half the accents were continental European, speaking on a EU matters, then it might give rise to comments, rightly or wrongly, but without being called sinister?

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Tonight's panel from Chelmsford

Nicky Morgan
Emily Thornbury
Tasmina 
Roger Helmer - Kipper
Mark Littlewood - DG of Institute of Economic Affairs

Audience from Dundee for balance.

?

On 16/03/2016 at 2:13 PM, Lamia said:

I though that the point people were making was not that there were non-Dundee accents but that there were NO Dundee accents.

And for a show coming from Dundee, was strange.

The main point wasn't criticising that there were people with non-Dundee accents there.

18 minutes ago, Flure said:

The main point wasn't criticising that there were people with non-Dundee accents there.

I'd say that was naive.

12813912_10156647519895274_4265474911916

People on the "Red Tory" stall that day, 2 from Largs, 1 from Saltcoats and 1 from Kilbirnie.  It's no coincidence that Ardrossan SNP chose English accents for the above lie and that Patricia Gibson chose a London call centre for the below lie during the General Election campaign.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-17%20at%2014.49.