Question Time Tonight - Page 90 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Regressive little Englander nationalism is going to drive everyone in the UK to the poor hoose to "get control back"

Scotland needs to get out

Sadly there are many people in Scotland who clearly support this regressive type of English Nationalism than they are with a potentially progressive Independent Scotland 

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Using all this 'regressive' and 'progressive' language makes you sound indoctrinated with all that identity politics rubbish. Lets not attach that menu du jour garbage to the aim of independence.

Mince - get with the times

Out of date political labels are Liberal, Conservative, Left and Right etc

Regressive politics generally benefit those who are in least need of assistance. They divide society; prove destructive; and foster violence, greed, secrecy, and corruption. They repress participation in democratic processes and retard the intellectual and social growth of communities often through the use of fear mongering and intimidation

Progressive politics benefit a broad spectrum of society, build cohesive communities, and are constructive by nature. They help society progress by increasing participation in democratic processes; promoting transparency in government; encouraging peaceful resolution of problems; and demonstrating responsibility, integrity, and respect.

And yes - i have copied and pasted as it's late and i'm going to bed

I would just have said regressive is building walls, making lists, isolating yourself where progressive is the opposite

Edited by Ally Bongo

I think I'll give that a miss tonight.  Tank Girl arse-licking, doing down Scotland "but I'm not really one of them", digs at the SNP and false assertions that nobody sensible wants independence.  She really is an odious wee proud Scot but.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

She'll need to do well tonight then, it's been a Labour seat since 1932!

Ach, come on, everyone loves Ruthie.  As soon as the good people of Wakefield see her sitting on a piece of military equipment and/or a large farmyard animal they will be putty in her hands!

I wonder how she will deal with immigration/Brexit, how to pander to the UK majority who seem to want less of it, and Brexit to mean Brexit, versus the Scottish need for immigration and Scottish preference for EU

8 minutes ago, exile said:

I wonder how she will deal with immigration/Brexit, how to pander to the UK majority who seem to want less of it, and Brexit to mean Brexit, versus the Scottish need for immigration and Scottish preference for EU

She's a born again brexiteer. 

It's a different world down there

That audience - wow

"I'm not interested in someone from Lithuania who wants to buy batteries"

"We should just leave without signing article 50"

"Just leave Europe to implode and rot"

Edited by Ally Bongo

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 0:01 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Mince - get with the times

Out of date political labels are Liberal, Conservative, Left and Right etc

Regressive politics generally benefit those who are in least need of assistance. They divide society; prove destructive; and foster violence, greed, secrecy, and corruption. They repress participation in democratic processes and retard the intellectual and social growth of communities often through the use of fear mongering and intimidation

Progressive politics benefit a broad spectrum of society, build cohesive communities, and are constructive by nature. They help society progress by increasing participation in democratic processes; promoting transparency in government; encouraging peaceful resolution of problems; and demonstrating responsibility, integrity, and respect.

And yes - i have copied and pasted as it's late and i'm going to bed

I would just have said regressive is building walls, making lists, isolating yourself where progressive is the opposite

"Progressive" is the most over used and incorrectly used soundbite in Scottish politics.

On 12/2/2016 at 9:02 PM, Alan said:

"Progressive" is the most over used and incorrectly used soundbite in Scottish politics.

It is a dog whistle for idiots. All these 'progressives' voting for Hillary yet if they had looked beyond the labels she was a hideous warmongering neocon lunatic who did not give a for black folk, women or any other good cause she allegedly 'progressed'. It is noticeable these dumbo's have nothing to say on actual policies anymore, it has all been replaced with this retarded identity politics shite. It is political arse gravy distilled to near 100% purity. Anyone who buys into it might as well hang a giant neon arrow pointing at themselves with the sub title I am thick. The badge of a fool.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

It is a dog whistle for idiots. All these 'progressives' voting for Hillary yet if they had looked beyond the labels she was a hideous warmongering neocon lunatic who did not give a for black folk, women or any other good cause she allegedly 'progressed'. It is noticeable these dumbo's have nothing to say on actual policies anymore, it has all been replaced with this retarded identity politics shite. It is political arse gravy distilled to near 100% purity. Anyone who buys into it might as well hang a giant neon arrow pointing at themselves with the sub title I am thick. The badge of a fool.

So,  do you like Clinton and her progressive supporters or not ? Sometimes you are a hard guy to read.