Question Time Tonight - Page 91 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

A very right wing panel tonight.  I see the woman who selects the audience is a fan of right wing extremist facebook pages like Britain First and the EDL - explains a lot about the audience composition.

Very rare that there is a decent episode now.  The texts are full of ignorant xenophobes, particularly ignorant about Scotland, extolling the virtues of right wing extremism and criticising all these awful foreign people.  Depressing stuff.

23 minutes ago, Alibi said:

particularly ignorant about Scotland,

Yes - It's clear that after UKIP have got their wish on Brexit they are moving onto the new people to blame for England's ills  - us.

Therefore i expect Farage (maybe not so much Mensch as she is less anti Scottish than you would expect) to get tore in about the barnett formula, whingeing subsidised ungrateful Scots, SNP destroying the Scottish economy, EVEL and fvck the majority EU remain vote in Scotland.

And all Scottish Unionists that watch this, including those that post on here, will smile inside as their own country is ripped a new one

It will be interesting to see how representative of the public of Maidenhead the audience is tonight especially given the recent revelations about the Audience Producer's own views and affiliations.

On one hand Maidenhead is a complete Tory town, obviously the sitting MP is now the PM and she carries a large personal vote.  I'd need to check this but I think every local councillor is a Tory, if that's not the case it'll only be a handful that are either Lib Dems or independents.  Obviously there is no real support locally for Labour but neither is there much support for UKIP.  The Lib Dems are generally a poor second place but have had control of the council in the recent past.  There was a very narrow vote - 52/48 - in favour of Remain.

The reason for this is pretty obvious, the town is relatively prosperous - although there is a food bank - and a lot of the population are either fairly well off or work in well paid jobs, a lot of people commute to London.  While there's a reasonably large immigrant community, mainly South Asian although quite a few Poles in recent years, there's certainly no tension between the communities.  

That said, there are a couple of people I'll be looking out for in the audience tonight and if I see them I'll know it's rigged.

• 1 month later...

They, and the texters, managed to get a few digs in at Scotland.  Which caused Liar Carmichael to laugh uproariously, the Uncle Tom that he is.

QT is dire.  It has pretty much been taken over by the right.  Emily Thornberry was as far left as that panel got, so nobody left of centre.  

An abysmal QT...a woman called Lionel?? A proven Liar & Khunt, another proven Liar & Khunt, a smarmy tory (are they any other sorts though?) and Miss Thornberry who despite being on the Corbyn left apparently, still spoke strongly in favour of NATO...

Who actually picks these panels? Is it Dimbeldum himself or BBC bosses or the government itself?

It has become such a shit programme 

I'll be disappointed if Angus doesnt wipe the floor with that lot

Granted most of the show will be trying to discredit Diane Abbott & Labour

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

There was plenty of seethe evident at the mere suggestion that we might not...

Some of the texts are quite eye-opening.  Some of the texts from people in Scotland in particular.  Although I suspect that a lot of the texts alleged to be from Scotland are actually in the category "fake news", trying to give an impression of Scotland that is shall we say, disingenuous.

2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Some of the texts are quite eye-opening.  Some of the texts from people in Scotland in particular.  Although I suspect that a lot of the texts alleged to be from Scotland are actually in the category "fake news", trying to give an impression of Scotland that is shall we say, disingenuous.

Any of them from Lewis MacDonald?

David Dimbleby presents Question Time from Wallasey. On the panel are Conservative Party chairman, Sir Patrick McLoughlin, shadow chief secretary to the Treasury Rebecca Long-Bailey, founding chairman of the counter-extremism think tank Quilliam and LBC presenter Maajid Nawaz, host of Channel 4's Countdown Nick Hewer, and the co-editor of The Conservative Woman website Laura Perrins.

On 31/01/2017 at 3:07 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

Don't know why folk legitimise QT by watching it anymore. 

Even if you despise QT, keeping an eye on what they're up to can be revealing

9 hours ago, exile said:

David Dimbleby presents Question Time from Wallasey. On the panel are Conservative Party chairman, Sir Patrick McLoughlin, shadow chief secretary to the Treasury Rebecca Long-Bailey, founding chairman of the counter-extremism think tank Quilliam and LBC presenter Maajid Nawaz, host of Channel 4's Countdown Nick Hewer, and the co-editor of The Conservative Woman website Laura Perrins.

Even if you despise QT, keeping an eye on what they're up to can be revealing

So, that's at least 3 Tories. Not sure who the other folk are. It's like a one party state doon there.