Question Time Tonight - Page 92 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What's she doing in the Labour party then?

Dunno, you'd have to ask her.

Whilst there are some particularly loathsome, cretinous, utterly vile cünts in the Parliamentary Labour Party such as Ian Austin, Mike Gapes, Tom Blenkinsop and John Woodcock - there are on the other hand some very admirable MP's such as Rebecca Long-Bailey, Dawn Butler, Richard Burgon, Kate Osamor and Paul Flynn.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Whilst there are some particularly loathsome, cretinous, utterly vile cünts in the Parliamentary Labour Party such as Ian Austin, Mike Gapes, Tom Blenkinsop and John Woodcock - there are on the other hand some very admirable MP's such as Rebecca Long-Bailey, Dawn Butler, Richard Burgon, Kate Osamor and Paul Flynn.

I'll ask her next time I see her doon the pub.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He can be forgiven all his sins for coming up with the "Teresa the appeaser" line 

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

He can be forgiven all his sins for coming up with the "Teresa the appeaser" line 

He's contemptible pwick. You should read about his career in parliament.

A bloodthirsty hawk when it comes to UK military intervention abroad. A notoriously sycophantic supporter of Tony Blair. One of parliament's leading apologists for the Israeli government. Shouts "abuse" and "bullying" when  Labour party members question him and want change. Behaved disgracefully towards many SNP MP's. He's a horrible man.

Fooking hell that was depressing

If that audience (and panel) is a reflection of England they are in dire straits

Scotland needs to get out quickstyle to take a different direction

On 02/02/2017 at 10:51 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Right at the top of your cretinous list should be John Mann; how could you leave him out?

On 02/02/2017 at 10:51 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

You missed Ian Murray. From the cretinous list obviously.

Paul Flynn is my local MP and whilst I've always comsidered him to be a very capable hard working, conscientious and principled MP he's just lost my vote for siding with the Tories this week.

9 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

You missed Ian Murray. From the cretinous list obviously.

Paul Flynn is my local MP and whilst I've always comsidered him to be a very capable hard working, conscientious and principled MP he's just lost my vote for siding with the Tories this week.

I doubt he'll be standing at the next election, he's eighty one now.

The Brexit vote aside, you've got a good (non Plaid Cymru) MP there. He is one of Labour's most admirable MP's, consistently anti-war, wants rid of Trident, the Lords and the monarchy, he has exposed corruption in the past and is never afraid to remind the Conservative Party of it's racist, misogynist, homophobic past despite their powerful modern PR machine. And a very nice chap into the bargain.

I was thinking Torquay, maybe LibDem territory, but no...

David Dimbleby chairs topical debate from Torquay. On the panel are Conservative MP Claire Perry, Labour MP Owen Smith, deputy leader of Ukip Peter Whittle, musician and political activist Billy Bragg and former Conservative politician and novelist Ann Widdecombe.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Billy Bragg will be interesting.

We'll see how often DD interrupts as and when he doesn't like BB's comments.

On cue, DD just interrupted BB to get the UKIP guy to speak

On 2/3/2017 at 5:10 PM, daveb said:

I was gobsmacked by this. 

She comes out with a stupid, made-up-by-malicious-journalists anti-EU jibe, and nobody laughed at her. It's like a parallel universe where you can talk absolute crap and nobody in the audience notices. DD picked up on it, but the panel didn't.

Edited by Padre Andrew

On 04/02/2017 at 0:02 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

I doubt he'll be standing at the next election, he's eighty one now.

The Brexit vote aside, you've got a good (non Plaid Cymru) MP there. He is one of Labour's most admirable MP's, consistently anti-war, wants rid of Trident, the Lords and the monarchy, he has exposed corruption in the past and is never afraid to remind the Conservative Party of it's racist, misogynist, homophobic past despite their powerful modern PR machine. And a very nice chap into the bargain.

Yes he is an excellent MP and I admire his stance on recent wars, trident, lords and the monarchy. And he is a very nice bloke indeed, one of a dwindling band in Westminster sadly.

I guess he's highly likely to retire after this parliament which in many ways makes his voting with the Tories on the Brexit bill all the more disappointing.

2 hours ago, Padre Andrew said:

I was gobsmacked by this. 

She comes out with a stupid, made-up-by-malicious-journalists anti-EU jibe, and nobody laughed at her. It's like a parallel universe where you can talk absolute crap and nobody in the audience notices. DD picked up on it, but the panel didn't.

I remember watching it live, and thinking 'ahh, she's having a subtle sarcastic dig at the Leavers'... then the slow realisation that she was being serious. 

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

I remember watching it live, and thinking 'ahh, she's having a subtle sarcastic dig at the Leavers'... then the slow realisation that she was being serious. 

At this rate, "Send the Buggers Back" by "Half A Shilling" will be the alternate national anthem.

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It's from Glasgow this week, expect an above average number of comments then...

Aye.

Interesting game to play. Count the amount of times the SNP are labelled nazis and how many times they are labelled commies.

Bonus points for someone from a rural area complaining about how "the Muslims have taken over".

first question to the panel in Glasgow should be:

Why do the SFA still use hot and cold balls in the draw for the Scottish Cup - the pretence of a 'fair' draw isn't fooling anyone & the odds on top 4 getting home ties against lesser ranked opposition was predicted well in advance.