Question Time Tonight - Page 98 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

If this is a special one-off I don't see the justification for including the likes of Melanie Philips (or any one-sided non-politician).

If they want a Brexit-balanced panel, why not include someone from DUP?

That would be interesting and relevant as it would pose questions about the future of the Union. Too tricky, eh?

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The combination of panel and venue will make this a surefire love in for Scotland...

C8GaFuYX0AE7j4i.jpg:large

The perfect storm of anti-SNP fuqking dingbats, lunatics and creatures of the night,

A programme to be avoided.

Edited by Rossy

It cant be over stated how bad this is going to be tomorrow

From Ruth the Mooth telling Carlisle how shite Scotland is and what a wasteland it is under the SNP to Nuttall repeating the subsidy junkie myth and scrap Barnett line

Very depressing

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It cant be over stated how bad this is going to be tomorrow

From Ruth the Mooth telling Carlisle how shite Scotland is and what a wasteland it is under the SNP to Nuttall repeating the subsidy junkie myth and scrap Barnett line

Very depressing

That's what I still don't get for all these years and especially during the Indyref. 

If Scotland is supposedly bleeding the UK dry then why were so many UK politicians fighting for Scotland to remain in the UK (we're such parasites according to them) ?

Edited by fringo

8 minutes ago, fringo said:

That's what I still don't get for all these years and especially during the Indyref. 

If Scotland is supposedly bleeding the UK dry then why were so many UK politicians fighting for Scotland to remain in the UK (we're such parasites according to them) ?

Well there are gullible ones who say they are doing out of love for Scotland but MP's think pound signs not love.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Well there are gullible ones who say they are doing out of love for Scotland but MP's think pound signs not love.

Well if they love Scotland so much they should be happily paying for the privilege of our union and stop moaning about the pounds it supposedly costs.

They can't have it both ways. :D

9 minutes ago, fringo said:

Well if they love Scotland so much they should be happily paying for the privilege of our union and stop moaning about the pounds it supposedly costs.

They can't have it both ways. :D

I think for most of the English political class there has always been an acceptance of that. They see the Barnett formula as the price of maintaining the union. It's really only the Little Englanders (who are now in the ascendancy and steering the ship) that do the moaning.

I will watch it as it helps keep up my dislike and distrust of politicians - I still wait for the day when a politician or a political party actually do what they promise to do , but we all know that will not happen under the existing Westminster settup.

Just now, wellyman said:

I will watch it as it helps keep up my dislike and distrust of politicians - I still wait for the day when a politician or a political party actually do what they promise to do , but we all know that will not happen under the existing Westminster settup.

Indeed. There's almost no incentive for them as long as the public legitimise their lies by playing the game and voting for them. 

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Indeed. There's almost no incentive for them as long as the public legitimise their lies by playing the game and voting for them. 

I have had the discussion down my local pub , as to whats the point of me voting as the area is a Tory seat and has been for some 60 years , they came out with usual crap that its your democratic duty to vote !!!!

After the Brexit vote, the locals were all happy as the majority of people in the pub voted out, I then outlined to them what the UK could well look like by 2025

Scotland will be independent

Northern Ireland will be aligned back with Ireland

and the English will be left with Wales

Not such a United Kingdom !!!!

3 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Davidson is becoming more and more a bully. She does not come across well, even if yer Da said the opposite in 2010 when it was cuddly Ruth.

She did mention Jeremy Corbyn & Labour supporting the IRA within the first 5 minutes which would have kept her core vote up here happy