Snp Strategy - 2015 General Election - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Strategy - 2015 General Election

What Labour seats do you think the SNP will target next year as we strive to return as many Nationalist MP's next May. For one, I'd love to go hell for leather and boot out the detestable Ian Davidson given that we have won that seat twice before (albeit when it was Glasgow Govan) and for the fact that he threatened his own constituents with no orders at BAE if there was a Yes vote.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be interesting in the next couple of years.

Whereas labour are weak at this moment, they have a rump support who will always vote for them no matter what....on top of that you now obviously have a certain number of people in Scotland who literally hate the SNP and their drive for independence.

Media coverage will be a little more balanced than in the referendum, but papers such as The Record and Daily Mail detest the SNP so much that they'll still concoct any lie.

I don't think we should believe that because a lot of people have joined the SNP in the last week that the next 2 elections are going to be a sure thing....there are quite a few in Scotland who want to see the SNP crushed as they see that as a way of destroying any drive for independence.

Rossy - no way would I ever think that it would be a sure thing. It would be completely foolish to get complacent in any way. Completely agree with you there. I also agree there are those in Scotland who would vote for a chimp if it had a red rose attached to it. That's a given. But for me referendum day was the day large swathes of Glasgow and West Dunbartonshire disassociated themselves formally from Scottish Labour, And it is areas such as these (someone has already highlighted Glasgow East as a seat to target) where we need to be most active.

Have already seen some of the bitters tweeting about driving out the SNP for the reason's Rossy has given

Personally everyone wants to see my MP Jimmy Hood booted well into touch

A complete y of a man

Have already seen some of the bitters tweeting about driving out the SNP for the reason's Rossy has given

Personally everyone wants to see my MP Jimmy Hood booted well into touch

A complete y of a man

Couldnt agree more would love to see Yes Jimmy Hoods face when he gets booted out !

Some of the labour seats are beyond winning. I think it should be possible to get vote share up into the middle to high twenties and become the 2nd party. That would probably c us winning 13 or 14 seats. Lib dems(2 or 3 definetly winnable for snp) are going to get Shafted And labour vote could fall 6 or 7% but would still c them winning.

Could the snp ever win a seat in either shetland or orkney? What was tue yes vot up there 30% ? If all yes voters voted snp would that get them close to getting a seat? Looking ahead we need to get the isles more on side as this will remove one less scare story

I've never understood the Northern Isles. They say they don't want to be run by Edinburgh but are happy to be run from London.

Could the snp ever win a seat in either shetland or orkney? What was tue yes vot up there 30% ? If all yes voters voted snp would that get them close to getting a seat? Looking ahead we need to get the isles more on side as this will remove one less scare story

No chance unfortunately :( , in the last election the SNP came 3rd behind a protest vote against a proposed windfarm, mind you neither Labour or Tories do very well up here, I'm fairly sure the Tory candidate lost their deposit at the last election :wave: