Website Hosting - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone recommend a good web hosting service? Time to set up my own blogspot, but would like a little more control over web design and content that is unavailable with the free blogspot sites. Am going to use the graphics company the firm I work for use for their website to give it a more professional look, but who to use to host the website?

I use both cloudnext.co.uk and hostgator.com for various sites. Setting up Wordpress on each is really simple and I've never had a problem with downtime.

I wouldn't bother with a graphics company though. The main thing to use to give your site a professional look is the theme. These guys will provide as many themes and plugins as you'll ever need for under $40 - https://premium.wpmudev.org/. There are plenty of free ones as well of course.

If you need graphics you can get them cheap here - www.fotolia.com.

Anyone recommend a good web hosting service? Time to set up my own blogspot, but would like a little more control over web design and content that is unavailable with the free blogspot sites. Am going to use the graphics company the firm I work for use for their website to give it a more professional look, but who to use to host the website?

PM me and I'll sort you out.